• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Narberal Gamma vs Ryo Shimazaki

I really idk why it's treated as speed amp. It's him gathering instantly all of opponents weak spots at the time and hitting them while teleporting.

Well then make a crt but from my knowledge it sounds like a reaction speed amp, it lets him perceive everything more quickly then he normally can. Anyhow now that we established it is treated as a speed amp its definitively restricted due to it allowing him to blitz and narberal being the inherently faster character.

OP: I'm finally getting back into Overlord and finished season 1 so it just feels appropriate to do this, not to mention I love Mob Psycho 100 so much. Fight takes place in a large abandoned castle in the middle of a very dense forrest. Speed Equalized.

Still reads equalized to me

Fair if he's dealt with supersonic+ before though I could argue her speed is possibly hypersonic.

It's not like he dealt with Supersonic+, that was a match. But welp, he at least managed to escape pissed off Mob who's Sub-Rel.

Nico-v11 said:
Not sure why you guys are saying Mind's Eye is restricted. It's not. Sure their speed will be equal but Mind's Eye does more than just increase reaction time or speed (which really it doesn't).
It just makes him extremely aware of everything around him and detect all weaknesses up to those that not even his opponents are aware of.
nicos argument was it isn't a speed amp even though it seems to increase reaction speed and allow blitz, and is described as a speed increase on his profile, not that he was planning to uneqaulize speed.

He can't unrestrict it as long as speed is equal as it allows mob to blitz the charcter normally faster then him.

It wasn't with speed amp. He was batshit scared of his ESP amount and I guess he just teleported to his home or something. Idk if Mob was going to kill him but he was really pissed off.

Well if mob wasn't even intending/planning to kill him (or atleast we can't assume he was) I fail to see how this is a feat, he ran away from somone who very well may not have been trying to follow him

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
The slower character can still amp himself, but not the point of blitzing
But can still amp
It explicitly lets him blitz characters of similar speed to him, speed equal it will let him blitz narberal thus its restricted

K honestly precog and tp are a massive deal here, while bfr isn't going to be sound way to win due to narberals own tp she can't spam it the way he can, far more she's a ranged fighter with a focus on lightning magic, her armor is incredibly strong (stronger then other eight c to high eight c weapons) but she's not made for close qaurters combat and I don't see ryo giving her the chance to get off her magic.

Id argue she likly has an ap advatage as shes only in her current teir due to a lack of feats, she's technically on a higher level then any of the normal high eight c's in verse. Yet I don't see ryo letting her get off any of her more potent magic.

His precog and tp should give him the win here, though Im thinking about what other Pleiades I could stick mob psycho characters against.

@Pen

Yeah. That's what I'm saying lol. Speed is equalized. Unless they made another rule where you can't use speed amps anymore in these matches. I thought they made it so OP has to specify otherwise speed amps are assumed to be allowed.

That part I didn't know. I really should show up in this place more.

Btw does afaik mean "as far as I know" ? Was about to ask but then realized that

I'm considering making speed not equal however is there a numerical value for Narberal's speed so that we can make sure it's not a blitz?

@The pen or the sword

Sometimes there are abilities that despite speed being equal make the opponent "increase speed" but not actually. So like for example someone slows down time around them, now to character looks like he's way faster but that's not true, that would still be allowed in a speed equalized match.

Mind's Eye isn't increasing speed it's just making him extremely aware of everything around him, so like he'll detect something quicker than before or things will come in sooner into his range of observation and as such he'll be able to take action sooner than what he would have before hand.

On his profile it is literally described as making him faster, faster with minds eye. It allows him to speed up his reaction speed and seemingly teleport more quickly then he usually does. If its not a speed amp make a crt to clarify it better cause as its described on his profile it boost his speed to the extent he can blitz people comparable to him in speed, thus its restricted in a speed equal match.

Thats not a speed buff thats time manip and thus wouldn't be effected. Its skirts the issue by not buffing anyones speed, it simply manipulates time. Minds eye in contrast is a self buff that increases ryo's reaction speed thus is restricted, he't not playing with time or some other nonsense to achieve what he does, he simply buffs himself. (Also the way you describe it's a reaction speed buff that allows him to blitz, thats still restricted)

Narberal scales above braine unglas who scales far above a lizard man who created sonic booms with his weapon swings. if theres a solid value I don't know it.

to be more blatant from his profile: At least Subsonic+ (Casually moved fast enough to duck a bullet. Combined with teleportation he can blitz high ranking espers in Claw's seventh diVision), higher with Mind's Eye (Attacked Teru and the entire seventh division too fast for them to react)

If it's not a speed buff that second part needs to be removed but everything Ive heard leads me to believe its a reaction speed amp a the least.

Narberal and those comparable >>>>>(maybe a few more arrows idk) Brain >>>> Zaryusu => Zenburu (can create a sonic boom from swinging his weapon)

That would be an approximation of the scaling chain for the speed

I wrote this whole thing and it just disappeared? Whatever I'll just do the high lights:

Mind's Eye has not been restricted in other speed equalized matches. The part where it would make an increase in speed or of that sort was however the rest that Mind's Eye provides is fair game.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2821899

This match is where speed was equal but Mind's Eye was still allowed (he lost granted).

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2859318

Another but he wins.

As a rule verse threads where powers are restricted cannot be added. Exception that is if a character has a specific individual power that is in a higher tier than the rest in which case only powers for the tier chosen would be allowed.

Again only what would be in relation to speed is what would be restricted with Mind's Eye, not the advanced weak point intuition, advanced ESP, or ability to see aura's.

Not to mention that description of Mind's Eye doesn't even mention speed at all on the profile:

" Super Sensory Zone "Mind's Eye": By concentrating hard enough and focusing his 'antenna' his extrasensory perception will sharpen until all he can "see" are other esper's auras. In this augmented state, Shimazaki is capable of discerning and attacking one's vital spots, causing his victims to collapse with blurry eyesight, twitching fingers and constricting pupils; he used this to to halt the resistance group's combination attacks. However, if an esper is strong enough, they can overcome the effects of these blows."

It's not a speed amp. It just allows him to see more and detect things much more efficiently. Being faster is just a byproduct of that efficiency so again not a speed amp.

Back