• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 23

first of all stop using head canon it was never stated to be only magic attacks... merlin even said gowthers skill isnt an "ATTACK" ruler just reverse everything but yes it seems a power null can bypass it

Basing off feats it is magical null only since ban could scratch him using physical attacks.

did we forget wild is physical? and ruler countered that plus meliodas literally said "reversal all attacks" he didnt say magic attacks it just said attack same with merlin

They have been damaging the DK with physical attacks. Ban, King and Escanor were able to deal minimum damage with physical attacks, but they did injure him. Later Escanor was able to damage him more seriously with The One/Ultimate, and after that the Sins managed to corner him.

Yes, The Ruler its useless against physical attacks.

Siegfried10 said:
They have been damaging the DK with physical attacks. Ban, King and Escanor were able to deal minimum damage with physical attacks, but they did injure him. Later Escanor was able to damage him more seriously with The One/Ultimate, and after that the Sins managed to corner him.
its almost like you forgot ruler was turned off due to liz healing

Zezu1995 said:
Siegfried10 said:
its almost like you forgot ruler was turned off due to liz healing
Its almost like you really think the DK just turned it off during all the fight.

we wouldnt have to fight if ppl would read... yall literally just tune in to NNT to try to see if they got any feats it was never stated NOT ONCE ruler is magic only

Zezu1995 said:
we wouldnt have to fight if ppl would read... yall literally just tune in to NNT to try to see if they got any feats it was never stated NOT ONCE ruler is magic only
at first it seemed to work on both, but then it was only working on magic. So either bakaba retconed or he just forgot what it even did (not a surprised if he did)

(And yes his name now is Bakaba)

Most likely nakaba retconned it. DK can turn it on and off willingly so it's your burden of proof that he turned it off throughout out the whole fight.

On.

Explanation.

Physical attacks hurt.

Foreshadowing

true Gelda would have kicked Zel

He likely couldnt use the ruler in mel's body

He absorbed all magic.

The very same descriptio. Nakaba didnt forget. Nakaba didnt retcon The Ruler.

And Physicalblow.

The ruler has never worked on physical attacks. We have only seen the DK no-sell two physical attacks while "The Ruler" was mentioned or was relevant to the story: Wild's in the first link I showed, and Meliodas' punch just after transforming. Since both instances were done by people weaker than him by a good margin, they shouldnt count. This is me reading from Purgatory to Escanor's entrance agains DK!Zel.

Before the sins arrived, Elizabeth pretty much said The Ruler could absorb magic attacks but not physical.

https://i5.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/320/nanatsu-no-taizai-12481933.jpg

https://i1.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/320/nanatsu-no-taizai-12481939.jpg

When Mel used Kami Chigiri the damage from the magic was absorbed, but not the slash.

PaChi2 said:
On.
Explanation.

Physical attacks hurt.

Foreshadowing

true Gelda would have kicked Zel

He likely couldnt use the ruler in mel's body

He absorbed all magic.

The very same descriptio. Nakaba didnt forget. Nakaba didnt retcon The Ruler.

And Physicalblow.

The ruler has never worked on physical attacks. We have only seen the DK no-sell two physical attacks while "The Ruler" was mentioned or was relevant to the story: Wild's in the first link I showed, and Meliodas' punch just after transforming. Since both instances were done by people weaker than him by a good margin, they shouldnt count. This is me reading from Purgatory to Escanor's entrance agains DK!Zel.
easy debunk the first few links of DK meliodas he NEVER HAD RULER... it was stated he has yet to get back his power he only got ruler back with Dk zeldris

lol all these links and you aint debunk anything :/ 1- DK mel didnt have ruler 2- escanor vs DK ruler was turned off due to liz 3- the only time we know when ruler is ON is when its stated... 4- for now its both physical and magical attacks till proven otherwise which it hasnt yet

Siegfried10 said:
Before the sins arrived, Elizabeth pretty much said The Ruler could absorb magic attacks but not physical.
https://i5.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/320/nanatsu-no-taizai-12481933.jpg

https://i1.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/320/nanatsu-no-taizai-12481939.jpg

When Mel used Kami Chigiri the damage from the magic was absorbed, but not the slash.
i accept defeat but it dont make sense wild physical attack got absorbed :/ man w.e

Maxnumb231 said:
its called "nakaba forgot"
No it's actually Nakaba retcons. He does that quite a lot. Red Demons used to have a power lvl of around 1k-3k but now they are only around 1k-1.3k. Elizabeth's curse was originally placed upon her by the Supreme Deity but now it's retconned to be the Demon King. And than there's the whole thing with Meliodas somehow having his Prime power after the events of Danafor even though according to several characters back than he only had his Unsealed power.

ok then fair enough so NNT is pretty much done cept for the raw chapters with extra detail but idk who wanna be the main man and go thru all that xd..

Ok... so

1. Hawk Mama (Unironically)

2. Full Power Demon King+Supreme Deity

3. Demon King Possessing Britannia

4. Full Power Meliodas (Whatever this even is)

5. The One Ultimate Escanor

6. The One Mael (Probably, since even The One Escanor could match the Demon King)

7. Post-Purgatory Ban

8. Full Power Zeldris

9. Full Wings King

10. True Body Ludoshel

Am I correct in this, I know King could possibly be considered stronger than Zeldris

10 and 9 could be the other way around. Both proved themselves superior to the Original Demon. Anyway, full power/True Magic Meliodas is consistently stated to be comparable to the Demon King.

Demon King Possessing Britannia held back all the Sins down at the same time, he's still a pathetic villain, but he technically has the best feat of holding them back

he held back all the sins because they were extremely fatigued from fighting so long, that's why merlin had to use <limit breaker> they even mention that all their energy has been replenished.

"i accept defeat but it dont make sense wild physical attack got absorbed :/ man w.e "

Ur funny. Your comedy is entertaining.

"lol all these links and you aint debunk anything :/ 1- DK mel didnt have ruler 2- escanor vs DK ruler was turned off due to liz 3- the only time we know when ruler is ON is when its stated... 4- for now its both physical and magical attacks till proven otherwise which it hasnt yet"

1. Yes, I even said that, its not relevant.

2. Headcanon.

3. The only time we know the ruler is OFF is when its stated...

4. Can you show The Ruler nullifying a physical attack from someone who could hurt the DK? Answer: no. Wild in base is too weak.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Ok... so

1. Hawk Mama (Unironically)

2. Full Power Demon King+Supreme Deity

3. Demon King Possessing Britannia

4. Full Power Meliodas (Whatever this even is)

5. The One Ultimate Escanor

6. The One Mael (Probably, since even The One Escanor could match the Demon King)

7. Post-Purgatory Ban

8. Full Power Zeldris

9. Full Wings King

10. True Body Ludoshel

Am I correct in this, I know King could possibly be considered stronger than Zeldris
We don't know if Mael had the One mode or not burning life force to get an ultimate form is an different thing but first of all he has not shown to have a One mode and i don't think he even has any.

Demon King prime / Supreme Deity prime

Demon King Britannia

Assault Mode Post Purgatory Meliodas

3rd form Demon King Zeldris + Magic

The Ultimate One Escanor

3rd form Demon King Zeldris only punches / Escanor The One

Demon Mark Post Purgatory Meliodas

Demon King Meliodas

2nd form Demon King Zeldris

Post Purgatory Meliodas

Post Purgatory Ban

Adult King

Bloody Eli

Maxnumb231 said:
hawk mama is featless and statements doesnt back what she does as shown through her collision.
Oh stop trying to sound so logical in a pathetic attempt to disprove hawk mama being super strong, literally the mother of chaos which nakaba stated meliodas currently isn't as strong as

You're So annoying

Steve Rogers1 said:
How is Britannia DK stronger than Zeldris DK? They're powered by the same 10 commandments.
In fact, both should be weaker than Meloidas DK, since Meloidas was the best vessel for him, while Zeldris was a replacement vessel and weaker that Meloidas with the unlocked power of the DK.

The sins completely trashed Britania DK, who was just holding for his life and went for the first thing that could hold his entire power without breaking or resisting him.

HyperZero95 said:
Just because we never saw Noon Mael it doesn't mean that he doesn't have the Noon mode.
Just because Escanor has the Noon mode doesn't mean that Mael has it

Back