• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai flounders with Power Levels

Making this so the discussion thread doesn't become too cluttered.

So as we saw in the most recent chapter, there are some outrageous numbers thrown around. With Cusack being like 169K, Chandler being 171K, and Luboshiel being a whopping 201K, and that isin't even his actual body.

This has caused some issues, since some of our current powerscaling is reliant on power levels telling us who is stronger/weaker.

But one thing we have to remember that users here tend to forget is that there are three categories. Magic, Combat, and Spirit. We are too often thinking in terms of combat, while disregarding magic and spirit.

It's very possible that Chandler, Cusack, and Ludoshel have more magic/spirit power than Assault Mode Meliodas at 142k, but could just as easily have a lower or at best comparable combat stat. Hell, Melasecula had a magic stat greater than base Galand, but a combat stat barely on the level of Ban iirc

But this still brings the validity of the scaling into question. We don't know the breakdown aside from the sum of all numbers. So we cannot really speculate how much of each the characters have.

I'm not saying that we should make any moves just yet. But if in the next chapter Escanor manages to damage Chandler, or Cusack in any way. Then I think it will be time to disregard the PL's once and for all.

Thoughts?

As you said we should just wait to see how this fight plays out before we make any big decisions.

The problem I have with 7DS power levels is that on paper the total power level shouldn't matter, especially considering spirit is mostly arbitrary. Yet we rarely get to see the seperate power levels and it's the combined power levels characters-in-universe pay attention to.

So no matter what I still think we should only use them on a case by case basis.

Merlin did flat out say, Power Levels don't really matter in a fight, and she also has a power level of 4,000 but she knocked back Chandler and Cusack

The thing is, the 3 category status has long been forgotten about and 99% of the time you are only given the total number of said character PL which clearly is intended to tell you "A is strong than B" with only content such as databook that even bothers to break down the 3 categories.

I personally am of the opinion that in Nakaba's style of writing, he tends to make extenuating circumstances for why characters lose in some cases. At the end of the day though, he also doesn't address all problems in his narrative directly. Guidebooks, questions, and side stories are consistently being used to cover up some of the holes he made in the original story.

Until we have a full picture on everything in complete context, I don't think that we're ever going to come up with something concrete until we get more information.

It might've been better if Nakaba never released Assault Mels power as 142,000, then I wouldn't be so frustrated

the AM currently was 142k.. like i said before mel prime fighting ,mael who would be over 142k made him ran away mel pinning down zeldris who can tank an attack from 200k ludo with DK power i say its best to assume that mel either wasnt at FULL AM PL or he can buff himself alot higher than we think... but lets just wait and see how it plays out

Then in that case, I could get behind AM being over 200k now. But we still have the issue of Fraduin saying that his Post-Revival Demon Mark being the same as it was 3000 years ago. And back then Lubpshiel was weary about fighting him.

Fraduin tells you post Post-Revival is the same as Mel 300 years ago, then Merlin tells you AM Mel is the same Mel 3000 years ago, next thing you know not even this Mel is the same one from the holy war 3000 years ago.

Nakaba be like: "I-I swear guys this is full power Mel for real this time!!!!"

It's just one recton after another that mess up the scaling.

My interpretation is that Assault Mode is a status that Meliodas could enter in the past from how Merascylla described it.

The only thing that I can think of is that Meliodas' Assault Form has gotten more powerful over time with no explanation.

Chandler and Cusack after just getting out of the Goddess seal were weakened like the Ten Commandments were, I believe. If they underwent similar procedures of powering up like the TC, I can see their current PL's being different than how they were initially portrayed.

Ludoshell is a whole other issue altogether because he goes back even further to his introduction.

I think that Mel gets stronger after his nap but with al the recton and if Escanor damage Chandler or cusack then i think that we can assume that power levels are BS

Back