• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Oishilover

Grayroad's Commandment works on those who have "time". Since Merlin's time was frozen, Grayroad couldn't do anything to her.

Merlin shrank Grayroad until it fit into a test tube.

She was completely unaffected by Grayroad's Commandment, which involves "taking away their time" or in other words their remaining years of life. She froze her internal time to prevent herself from aging or dying from natural causes.

^and people who have eternal youth, so fairys should be safe too...

btw, i only now have read the ltest chapter and WOW! merlin is such a overkill!!

but it seems like the question of "5 different races" is answered,

king is a fairy, diane a gaint, gowther a object, meliodas a demon, merlin is something other than human (maybe a surviving angel? would explain her cheat-like ability), while ban and esterossa are both humans who gained some pretty cheat-like powers themselfes :D

Merlin's too OP! Her power is like Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu, except it just turns off everything rather than manipulates it. You think this can still be classed as mind manipulation since it seems to turn off body functions instead of 'manipulate' them?

EDIT: I also love how even the characters are aware that this is the most stupid asspull in the series so far.

GreatestSin said:
^and people who have eternal youth, so fairys should be safe too...

btw, i only now have read the ltest chapter and WOW! merlin is such a overkill!!

but it seems like the question of "5 different races" is answered,

king is a fairy, diane a gaint, gowther a object, meliodas a demon, merlin is something other than human (maybe a surviving angel? would explain her cheat-like ability), while ban and esterossa are both humans who gained some pretty cheat-like powers themselfes :D
Gowther an object? since when has that been a race? Iirc races were giants, humans, fairies, demons and goddessess, and if each of the races is represented, merlin is probably a goddess descendant and Gowther is more probably a demon, since he was a commandment. Ban is not already human imo, tho

Well Gowther can't be a demon, since he's a spell cast on a doll, so more likely than not he was cast by some incredibly high-ranking demon, maybe even this 'Belialin', or the Demon King himself.

Sooo is Merlin Goddess or Demon or half Goddess and half Demon ?

She healed Howzer.Maybe that means she is a Goddess or Druid because they have healing powers.

But Belial is a demon in myth.

Damn.

PaChi2 said:
Gowther an object? since when has that been a race? Iirc races were giants, humans, fairies, demons and goddessess, and if each of the races is represented, merlin is probably a goddess descendant and Gowther is more probably a demon, since he was a commandment. Ban is not already human imo, tho
gowther is a magical doll so a object should be fitting, but i didnt count him, i only mentioned him, the 5 races are merlin=goddess (mostlikely), meliodas=demon, ban/escanor=human, diane=gaint, king=fairy...

^i still like it but i can understand that feeling, it was cool to see meliodas and co powering up but than each one should have become equals with a single 10C member instead of overpowering them like nothing, only exception should be escanor who is hyped as invincible supermonster during the day :D

Merlin biggest ass pull in the history of manga - an ass pull so big even the characters knew it.

Honestly, it makes the Mel, Diane Slader, & MERLIN vs Galand fight complete BS, since there's no indication that Merlin underwent any improvement at all since then, especially not enough to fodderize a Commandment that casually.

Grayroad was looking to be such an interesting opponent as well, it isn't that fun to see the characters get so effortlessly defeated after all that tbh.

^didnt she say that she remembered who she was? i guess it is somehow similar to meliodas losing his dark side which nerfed him, merlin "lost" her memories which made her use a lot of weaker spells despite having the capability to e OP as f*ck :/

at least this is the only explanation i was able to give myself :(

The sins have been stomping the commandments they are a joke at this point with escanor, meliodas and merlin there.

I really think the goddess clan is gonna be the real final villains, but i expect the demon king to come into play at some point.

^ I think it's fine as it is, since they seem to share abilities and are just two different controllers of the same body.

I think Hendrickson needs an upgrade for being able to fight on par with Fraudrin though.

Fraudrin does need his own page.

Dreyfus with Fraudrin possessing him is clearly not making him any stronger. He should be placed as "At least City level" since he can fare against two city level characters.

A Mountain level character would normally stomp city level characters in a physical struggle. If he's not capable of beating both of them with ease, he needs a downgrade back to City level.

Reppuzan said:
@Oishi and GreatestSin
Shapeshifting is already listed on his profile.
i know, i only wanted to answer halfasians question, afterall it was the first ability he showed after being stated to the gowther ^_^

@Oishi

Zaratras was the strongest Holy Knight in Liones before his death and was comparable to the Sins in base. In addition, Hendrickson and Dreyfus needed to sneak attack him, as they would still lose in a frontal assault.

Therefore, At least 7-B is probably appropriate.

I could make the page if you want.

^i dont think we can update hendrickson or zaratras, their purge is like superhax against demons, so it deserves a mention in their abilitys but wont change anything in tiers,

on the other hand dreyfus deserves some, but how strong was fraudrian? he got one-shotted by mel after he went berserk but honestly, that would have happened to 8 out of 10 commandments so it isnt useful for scaling,

maybe we add a "at least" or a "+" to his current AP thanks to him piercing a hole into fraudrians 100% demon body :)

So, Mel's PL is on par with Estarossa's and slightly below Zeldris. I feel a sibling fight coming up. Nice to know Fraudrin could hang with 30k Mel.

Meliodas > any Ten Commandment. Zeldris and Estarossa are inferior to him if their powers are what the guidebook states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back