• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 20

Elizabeth kind of implied that The Ruler only worked on the magic but not on the physical attack. Still, we will see better in the next chapters.

Yeah and considering how Demon King basically revealed that he wasn't at full power when he first possessed Meliodas and Zeldris I think it's safe to assume that the reason why Wild couldn't hurt him was because his AP was too low rather than because of the Ruler like we originally thought. This chapter pretty much confirms that Ruler only inverts magical attacks and not physical attacks.

Well originally Base Wild scales to being stronger than Post-Purgatory Ban who is on par with a somewhat weakened Demon King Meliodas who we originally thought was stronger than 50% Demon King before it was revealed that he wasn't stronger just yet. Full Throttle Wild still fully scales to 50% Demon King.

I'd just place his regular state as Unknow. Meliodas and Ban (emphasis on the former) were never portrayed as equal, or even approaching The Demon King's level of power during that entire portion of the arc, even if he was weakened against the Sins. Wild has also been overpowered thousands of times during his various battles.

@ByAsura Why would Base Wild need to be Unknown when he's been portrayed to be stronger than Post-Purgatory Ban who scales to Demon King Meliodas who was beating everybody including the likes of Full Wings King and Afternoon Mael prior to that.

IIRC We didn't see how powerful Wild is compared to Ban after purgatory, we only saw him compared to Ban newly arrived at purgatory which was many times weaker than now.

When Meliodas and Ban met Wild he has already been in Purgatory for over a millennia and by now he has completely adapted to Purgatory and Meliodas even implied he has already surpassed the Ten Commandments probably including Zeldris.

And I just realized that Ban's profile only says he's over 500 even though in that very same chapter it said he's already been in Purgatory for over a thousand years. Just gonna go fix that real quick.

Edit: Done

Ban's real training was fighting DK, it was the biggest gain of power and experience and IIRC the longest. You can't measure Ban's strength before that.

the issue with ban is the others scaling to him right now only king should have a chance at scaling along with THE ONE mael/escanor and maybe merlin due to hax..

His fight against the Demon King mainly caused him to learn how to use Gift. There weren't really any signs of him getting ridiculously stronger. The talk between him and Meliodas on the other hand talked about how his body is ridiculously more powerful than before after it has adapted and evolved in Purgatory. Meliodas even seems to imply that Ban has already surpassed the Ten Commandments when Ban joked about how he is finally on par with them now.

Also even ignoring that Base Wild is still shown to be able to keep up with Ban and Meliodas in their last two fights against the Demon King. Heck he even managed to intercept a punch from the Demon King that was meant for Meliodas who had just finished using Revenge Counter.

I WANNA point out that DK .. stated that zeldris body wasnt as strong which would mean shouldnt ban scale to the rel speeds? if meliodas host body was stronger he would be just as fast also would he not?

Wild has done absolutely nothing in the last few fights, he just hits an attack on DK with his Buff that cost him his life, yet he didn't hold DK for a moment, since right after that DK goes after Mel and Ban. Wild has not been shown to follow Mel and Ban in recent fights and we do not know the durability of this version of DK, so the Wild level is something around to the Island level, like all the characters in the series right now (;-;)

So Base Wild being shown to take the least amount of damage from 50% Demon King's attacks. And intercepting an attack from said Demon King while it was about to hit Meliodas. And surviving 126k battles against said Demon King over a period of 8 million years. And you say he's just Island lvl... Yeah now I'm guessing you're just trying to downplay him like most of the people on Mangahelpers. And I'll take that as my cue to stop and leave.

We do not know how his battles against DK were or how powerful this version of DK was, Meliodas himself of purgatory was not his full version of him. Also, the most powerful NNT character for now is just Small Country level. Island level for Wild is not that hard to believe.

Peter1129 said:
@ByAsura Why would Base Wild need to be Unknown when he's been portrayed to be stronger than Post-Purgatory Ban who scales to Demon King Meliodas who was beating everybody including the likes of Full Wings King and Afternoon Mael prior to that.
Again, Ban and Meliodas weren't portrayed as anywhere near that level of power physically. We do this with comic ratings, such as issues where Galactus in the story is only portrayed as a planetary threat.

@ByAsura Okay now I'm confused. Are you trying to apply DC/Marvel comic power scaling logic to NNT where the power scaling and stuff are really straight forward? Cause from what I'm getting at you're saying Ban doesn't scale to Demon King Meliodas because he's not strong physically even though he was trading blows with him when nobody else was able to?

@Muuuuh Dude the Demon King that Wild fought is 50% Demon King because that was the other half of his power. The most powerful character in NNT is causally several times above Low 6-B not baseline Low 6-B. They just don't have any feats that put them above it.

No, I'm giving an example of this happening on the wiki. This also goes for inconsistent characters. The point was Ban wasn't portrayed as anywhere near even a supressed Demon King, since both he, Wild and Meliodas get casually obliterated by him.

@ByAsura But neither Wild, Ban nor Meliodas are scaled to 50% Demon King. They are scaled to Demon King Meliodas who is far weaker than 50% Demon King but is still Low 6-B.

@Cal He seems more like he's in a state in between life and death. And considering what Hawk Mama (Mother of Chaos) said it seems like he might be returning soon.

Arthur carries no more relevance. His death was BS but I doubt they will add characters in anymore. It'll just be a long fight with DK who might actually use hax now.

I love the anime trope of characters getting new outfits and weapons from a transformations outta nowhere when they shouldn't logically have them, like how does the Demon King have a Katana all of a sudden and how his armor changed :)

Back