• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 19

Some ultimate plot twist where Escanor can surpass The One mode after some speech? We never got to understand his full backstory and why the grace choose him + The Rosa women.

I really dislike his night form tbh. It's not even funny for me.

DK is also a trash at this point and I can't take his seriousy unless he wreck Mel and his b!tch lover on the spot.

Not sure if anyone talked about this, but isn't Mel abandoning his clan, brother and all his followers for just a women a dick move? This guy has no honor or loyalty what so ever yet we are supposed to cheer for him lol.

They never even explained how he even fell in love some goddess girl.

> Not sure if anyone talked about this, but isn't Mel abandoning his clan, brother and all his followers for just a women a dick move? This guy has no honor or loyalty what so ever yet we are supposed to cheer for him lol.

Have you met his father? I wouldn't exactly feel inspired towards loyalty in that family either.

ZERO7772 said:
Not sure if anyone talked about this, but isn't Mel abandoning his clan, brother and all his followers for just a women a dick move? This guy has no honor or loyalty what so ever yet we are supposed to cheer for him lol.
No, he wasn't going to abandon his brother. He asked for his brother and for his brother's love to come with him. He just didn't realize that his brother's wife was going to have to stay in the Underworld and probably thought at that time that his brother didn't want to leave his father.

Dick move? Abandoning the DK a dick move? I guess you skipped the last 100 chapters or so.

Abandoning his clan a dick move? Who cares about clans in NNT besides the "bad guys"? We have King who abandoned his sister and fairy clan, Gowther is a doll, Diane had forgotten about her giant past, Ban never cared for humans, Monspeet was willing to follow Mel if Derieri came with him.

And he didnt willingly leave Zeldris behind, its only that Gelda couldnt come with them so they stayed in the Underworld. And Elizabeth at the time couldnt stay in the Underworld since they were at war.

He just flipped of all sudden because he met a girl after he was a cold blood murdered. Nakaba not diving them into their relationship in the past after 300+ chapters isn't helping anything either.

Doesn't matter if his father is shit, he still abandoned his people because of some girl. Goddess were not better than demons they killed all in their way as well so him flipping to their side is justified either

I don't know, I kinda agree with Zero. Meliodas was completely cold, heartless and borderline psychopathic before Elizabeth, I wished we could have had at least one flashback showing Meliodas slowly falling for Elizabeth and realizing the terrible things both Demons and Angels were doing to the world in large because of the Holy War. Right now we've just seen Evil Meliodas in the Assault Mode Fight and some Flashbacks and then the Good Meliodas towards at the end of the War suddenly exists.

About Escanor and Mael, Mael is no more powerful than the final form of the Escanor, we need wait for "The One Mael" to say this Also, I'm almost sure that Mael will use Escanor as a vessel, both dividing the body and healing the mindless disease of Escanor and joining the power of the two characters chosen by grace. Have 2 characters with the same power is very unlikeble. Mael is a so boring character, would be better keep like Estarossa. Look like all The problems in NNT verse is cause of women.

I think Nakaba resolved the conflict way too quickly. The initial reveal of Mael being Estarossa and his complete mental breakdown was pretty good, but then it took just one Deus Ex Kingchina to turn him into a generic Good Guy that has to atone for something bad they did. Mael was working perfectly as a third party separate from the Demon Side and Human / Goddess side of the conflict, given that he lived as both one of the top ranking Angel and Demon.

He could've easily taken a different ideology and motives that the other characters have, maybe participating in the fight against the Demon King due to him being the biggest threat to his new vision, pretending he is the Old Mael, and taking Sunshine back from Escanor. The fight ends, but instead of the Demon King now Possessing Zeldris, he tries to possess Mael, who willing takes the commandments back, but the weakened Demon King can't take the body of Mael by force due to him having the light of Sunshine protecting him, stabilizing the commandments unlike his previous attempts at doing the same. Now The Fallen Angel has reached a state never seen before, as he has the Power of the Dark Lord and part of the Power of the Supreme deity via Sunshine, darkness and light combined. He's now the main antagonist and his objective is to collect all the three graces from the other Archangels, as they should've faded into other vessels like his Sunshine did before. That way he will be able to prevent any sort of lingering possession from the Demon King and be undeniably stronger than any member of the Demon and Goddess Clan, and will be able to end the war and become the leader of both factions, so they never fight again.

Yep. I cannot take plot points and motivations that revolve around love interests seriously after this series. Meliodas was never shown transitioning from the cold murderer he was during the Holy War, to what we see now. Did he just run into Elizabeth and just.... change?

I guess Elizabeth's woman parts must be so ******* good to enter that it completely purged him from evilness. This is taking the "Have Sex" meme to a whole new level.

I been told u guys the romance in NnT jsut killed it as a series for me.

This manga had potential on the level of MHA but damn I feel as if the mangaka didn't have anything too planned out.

They're really dragging this new arc out. They've done this in the older arcs, but generally not to this extent.

Edit: I forgot it's only meant to take place over a day or so.

Dziga said:
I guess Elizabeth's woman parts must be so ******* good to enter that it completely purged him from evilness. This is taking the "Have Sex" meme to a whole new level.
I thought Mel was 3000 years old virgin...

I was joking. It wasn't a good one, I grant you, but I wasn't serious.

ok question
Mael light
, does this do anything for the verse?
two translations both say same thing, would this mean SOL or am i doing to much?

I don't know. If it was a reaction feat it would probably be Around the Sub-Rel to Rel ranges.

Base Mel even hurting the DK is just dumb when they said that even DK Mel is only equal to him, but maybe we should wait for the translations.

Or maybe this is just base Demon King. No demon mark, no weird tentacles, nothing. Or he is holding back. Or Zeldris' body is weaker.

If Ban can match for a while Mel!DK I dont see why Mel shouldnt be able to somewhat content with Zeldris!DK.

Back