• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 14

Probably my bad memory but i dont remember galand using it with 0 magic maybe cause i only saw that part in anime in the anime was change

When Galand first got out of the goddess clan seal Hawk measured his power level and he had 0 magic. But just a few chapters ago we saw him flying with darkness alongside the other Commandments.

Peter1129 said:
@Maxnumb231 You asked why God didn't work on Meliodas and I answered it. Meliodas didn't use magic he used Darkness to overpowered Zeldris w/ God who is slightly weaker than Ludoshel who is inferior to Prime Demon Mark Meliodas let alone Prime Assault Mode Meliodas. God can negate magic attacks from characters even stronger than him but it can't negate attacks that aren't magic like Darkness.
I'm pretty sure *************** doesn't get their translations from Crunchyroll. If it does than I have to say that's some terrible translation.
i already proved why it is in the first place and i rebuttaled your argument as why using galand and commandments flying is INACCURATE.

so you need to address my evidences to my rebuttal to your claim and prove why it isn't.

okayPeter1129 said:
When Galand first got out of the goddess clan seal Hawk measured his power level and he had 0 magic. But just a few chapters ago we saw him flying with darkness alongside the other Commandments.
did galand used darkness before that?? i already rebuttaled this claim as well. If you didn't know overtime they gain magic and the time they flew out of their camp was when everyone nearby villages were dead and absorbed by them to gain magic. I already show many evidences of this you keep ignoring it.

Peter1129 said:
@Maxnumb231 You asked why God didn't work on Meliodas and I answered it. Meliodas didn't use magic he used Darkness to overpowered Zeldris w/ God who is slightly weaker than Ludoshel who is inferior to Prime Demon Mark Meliodas let alone Prime Assault Mode Meliodas. God can negate magic attacks from characters even stronger than him but it can't negate attacks that aren't magic like Darkness.
I'm pretty sure *************** doesn't get their translations from Crunchyroll. If it does than I have to say that's some terrible translation.
it did and obviously i read crunchyroll and the site got their hands on the crunchyroll after couple hours crunchyroll dropped theirs.

A2233AE2-B02E-457E-A70B-F8E8CF239466
Here in chapter 109 we see Galand flying with Darkness

11BEA090-C634-4CF7-91EB-2A89B0AC7537
Here in chapter 120 Merlin asks Hawk what's Galand's magic

F8FF8014-A16E-438D-BFDE-CBCFE41C7DBE
And it's 0

Well I have to say Crunchyroll has some terrible translations. Also isn't the actual official translation done by Viz or something?

@peter saying "God cannot negate darkness" you need to prove this fact again.

so let me refresh your memory, melascula which STATES, cocoon of darkness did not worked on zeldris because he has DKs magic. Are you telling me cocoon of darkness PoD? if so then you're taking a big grandstand from your position for that assumption.

Yeah now i remember but he never used it to fight maybe like is a natural ability of demons they dont use magic when doing simple things like wings but they do it in fights

Melascula said break it of the cocoon so it's more likely referring to the power boost Zeldris gets when he uses God allows him to break out of it rather than nullify it. Also like i said before Darkness is really inconsistent. I'm pretty sure mangahelpers even had an entire argument over whether or not darkness is magic when the Estarossa vs Escanor fight first came out.
6D71B8C7-430F-4712-BF38-123974C2B87C

Peter1129 said:
A2233AE2-B02E-457E-A70B-F8E8CF239466
Here in chapter 109 we see Galand flying with Darkness

11BEA090-C634-4CF7-91EB-2A89B0AC7537
Here in chapter 120 Merlin asks Hawk what's Galand's magic

F8FF8014-A16E-438D-BFDE-CBCFE41C7DBE
And it's 0

Well I have to say Crunchyroll has some terrible translations. Also isn't the actual official translation done by Viz or something?
right and that can be taken as an outlier more than anything no?? the fact that throughout taizai they always implement that darkness is magic when its being used as offense like meliodas did. In fact PoD never said to take magic when its manifesting a form of wings or weapon no? So why would u assume that darkness being used as offense is similar to manifesting an object?

Not only that Zeldris own statement when he pinned by meliodas is pretty much consistent throughout as darkness as estarossa and meliodas used it were implied to be dark magic. So consistency beats one shot of outlier. Galan as you said used PoD to manifest a wing but yet used his feet to go to camelot, so it even backs why its inconsistent.

Peter1129 said:
Melascula said break it of the cocoon so it's more likely referring to the power boost Zeldris gets when he uses God allows him to break out of it rather than nullify it. Also like i said before Darkness is really inconsistent. I'm pretty sure mangahplers also had an argument over whether or not darkness is magic when the Estarossa vs Escanor fight came out.
6D71B8C7-430F-4712-BF38-123974C2B87C
Again you're making these big assumptions. you need to prove this positive claim that DKs magic allows him to boosts his power, when it was already stated that his borrowed magic nullifies magic. Besides Melascula doesn't know everything about zeldris no? nor has she shown to be really knowledgable about him. "Broke out of it" can mean many interpretations such as being able to be free from it and such, but it doesn't address why DKs magic was able to nullify it.

Other than that my point still stands and its consistencies as shown.

@peter no because meliodas used darkness against galand and hawk, galand implies its "dark magic". People were more focus on estarossa vs escanor than the previous ones.

Zeldris said he couldn't move his body in the slightest so this scene was more likely referring to the power boosts gained from God as well. If he was talking about nullifying magic he would've said something along the lines of even with the demon king's power I can't nullify it?
6D4E37B3-8514-4B20-A096-C80D829B7AB8
Dude we already learned that God not only nullifies magic but also gives a power boost to Zeldris as shown many times in the series. He managed to one shot Diane in Drole's body who had powered up via the dance. Is nearly as strong as Ludoshel in their short sword fight. And is now able to parry some attacks from Full Wings King. These are not stuff a 61k character could do.

Peter1129 said:
Zeldris said he couldn't move his body in the slightest so this scene was more likely referring to the power boosts gained from God as well. If he was talking about nullifying magic he would've said something along the lines of even with the demon king's power I can't nullify it?
6D4E37B3-8514-4B20-A096-C80D829B7AB8
Where does it imply its a powerboost?? you're going to this intangible argument that gets NO confirmation of its mechanics and the present mechanics it has, it only nullifies or cancels out magic. Hence why people use the idea "DKs magic that zeldris borrowed is a nerfed version of The Ruler". Not only that, the context of that dialogue is obviously referring to DKs magic not allowing him to move as such and obviously if HE did nullify it he would've had no affection to the force of the darkness itself. If it's a powerboost the EDITOR text from chapter 286 and onwards would've implied its mechanics OR merlin sensing Zeldris is increasing in magic etc. since DKs magic is always activated as long as zeldris has consciousness which shows in chappter 290 about it as well.

THAT panel has the same idea of darkness offense that meliodas used his darkness to pushdown and shroud galand with it, and galand still states its magic. Again consistency of darkness as OFFENSE being magic is shown enough with evidence.

Maxnumb231 said:
@peter no because meliodas used darkness against galand and hawk, galand implies its "dark magic". People were more focus on estarossa vs escanor than the previous ones.
It's a mistranslation the raw scans said power of darkness not dark magic. In the anime Galand also said Yami no Chikara

Yami = Darkness and Chikara = Power

793A3ABF-C222-490F-8DAB-9E0D50BE5AF7

but what i think is that they use the little bit magic power the had to use the wings cause after reach edingburgh galand dint used it and instead jump too camelot

@peter "Dude we already learned that God not only nullifies magic but also gives a power boost to Zeldris as shown many times in the series. He managed to one shot Diane in Drole's body who had powered up via the dance. Is nearly as strong as Ludoshel in their short sword fight. And is now able to parry some attacks from Full Wings King. These are not stuff a 61k character could do"

First of all Zeldris is obviously stronger than drole, the fact that you're using that scene to prove it's a power boost is a straight fallacy. Him one shotting drole and lead to the idea that he nullifies his gaia form doesn't prove its a power boost. Not only that, the fight is where zeldris sealed his magic which so its unlikely zeldris DID seal his "drole dance" as well.

There are thing you need to reconsider, since that databook has released over a year it's all possibility they can retcon the idea of zeldris having PL of 61k.

I'm pretty sure Galand only wanted to test and see if he's out of touch from being sealed for so long. Sinc she did say he thought he would arrive in 70 paces but instead arrived in 72. And like I said before Darkness is really inconsistent. We'd probably have to go through the entire series and see how many times it's referred to as magic or when it's not referred to as magic.

Peter1129 said:
Maxnumb231 said:
It's a mistranslation the raw scans said power of darkness not dark magic. In the anime Galand also said Yami no Chikara
Yami = Darkness and Chikara = Power

793A3ABF-C222-490F-8DAB-9E0D50BE5AF7
I don't see how that proves anything when you obviously not a translatorm, so at hand I wouldn't trust yout words.

Yeah that's pretty much what I think. It's a natural ability but they could use without magic. But they can enhance it by mixing it with magic like Melascula's dark cacoon.

Maxnumb231 said:
@peter "Dude we already learned that God not only nullifies magic but also gives a power boost to Zeldris as shown many times in the series. He managed to one shot Diane in Drole's body who had powered up via the dance. Is nearly as strong as Ludoshel in their short sword fight. And is now able to parry some attacks from Full Wings King. These are not stuff a 61k character could do"
GOD doesnt nullify magic thats why Zeldris bleed when he was hit by ludos explosion . God is heightened 'resistance' against magic.

https://i.imgur.com/1NIQd5B.jpg

GOD can null and seal magic (dolars magic was sealed) but zeldris possibly just didnt have it active after escanor we learned he can activate it. thats all..

To be fair we didn't actually know if Zeldris was using God at the time. We assumed he was because he tanked an attack from Ludoshel but looking back now Ludoshel did say that was a greeting so he probably didn't use his full power. And now we learned that God can nullify magic attacks from characters stronger than Zeldris. So it's probably Base Zeldris that got hit by the blast. Which makes sense since later on Hendrickson said Ludoshel no sold an attack from Zeldris which shouldn't happen since they are pretty close in power when Zeldris is using God.

We know since always that GOD is a part of demon king power so give him a boost and also the ability of use the demon king magic

So Zeldris vs King, rooting for Zel cause he's my favorite character and he just wants to get back his lover, also everyone is hella screwed if Meliodas gets all the 10 Commandments, the only thing that would help would be if someone got the 4 Graces

But Dragon, King is an edgelord and Zeldris is a Pimp, it's clear who should win the fight, plus Zel needs a win

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
So Zeldris vs King, rooting for Zel cause he's my favorite character and he just wants to get back his lover, also everyone is hella screwed if Meliodas gets all the 10 Commandments, the only thing that would help would be if someone got the 4 Graces
Like... Everyone in the series?

King stomped someone stronger than 200,000, Zeldris Stomped someone who was 201,000 and then Zeldris multiplied his power, not to mention Zel is has magic nullification, so Zeldris by feats and scaling at this moment is stronger than King, but that could change with later chapters

Back