• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 14

all that probably meant wasn't he was getting closer to waking up. That quote can be misinterpreted. Could mean growing more evil. I say they first since he like wakes up right after that. But I guess it's not really important

GoddessOfWinterr- said:
all that probably meant wasn't he was getting closer to waking up. That quote can be misinterpreted. Could mean growing more evil. I say they first since he like wakes up right after that. But I guess it's not really important
Ironu
Negativey
Pe
This first panel talks about RIGHT AFTER the fight between escanor and meliodas, merlin states that meliodas own strength is growing than its previous levels, the fight that already happened is past tense but the wording WAS NOT. It doesn't say or imply his strength already grew what so ever but rather was implying its still in the progress.
2nd panel which is in chapter 242 talks about how meliodas negative powers are growing each minute which correlates to chapter 233 as he grew in power while in his coma.

3rd panel suggests elizabeth stopping the progression from happening I.E meliodas reverting to the old meliodas. Even though she said it's impossible, she should still prevent the progression from happening.

this clearly concludes he got exponentially stronger aftermath, where he beat the **** outta escanor to overpowering DKs magic low difficulty while King at his current power level could not.

The thing is.. my translations says "and his cruelty and strength are even greater than they were back then"

Which implies a far older time. When I look at both, I assume the one above means his power level could exceed what it was before. But the way it's worded seems to contradict that. The second one is up for interpretation still. You can argue argue after the fight it drained him, and thus, he is gradually growing his darkness and eventually wakes up. It doesn't actually say "he is getting stronger every minute." That's not even a thing for meliodas. It would be the case if he was pretty drained after a huge fight, is asleep and is almost ready to go back into action again.

Third one I don't really care about

Anywho it doesn't matter either way

GoddessOfWinterr- said:
The thing is.. my translations says "and his cruelty and strength are even greater than they were back then"

Which implies a far older time. When I look at both, I assume the one above means his power level could exceed what it was before. But the way it's worded seems to contradict that. The second one is up for interpretation still. You can argue argue after the fight it drained him, and thus, he is gradually growing his darkness and eventually wakes up. It doesn't actually say "he is getting stronger every minute." That's not even a thing for meliodas. It would be the case if he was pretty drained after a huge fight, is asleep and is almost ready to go back into action again.

Third one I don't really care about

Anywho it doesn't matter either way
Well *********** intends to outline translations that are inaccuarate. FKs and official translation had the same wording of the panel. And keep in mind the same panel i posted was from official translation.*********** which is fan translation is not as credible as official ones. Just like Dragonball having VIZ as they are the ones who translates it officially while there are panels in DB that dont come from them and has different context.

Its not arguable its a fact. Meliodas own negative powers are growing stronger every minute.

Theres a difference between your power getting stronger than replenish the energy that u used. Clearly the word here is "stronger".

You cannot interpret "stronger" as "replenishing his strength" if u wanna use different word for it would "restore" but they use the word which heavily implies its a fact.

The first panel suggests any powers which includes AM node that he fought escanor with has been surpassed. Its not a "could" but rather merlin states the ideal of meliodas own situation. You need to disprove all of this fact rather than giving me headcanons

Literally makes no sense how mel could still be 142k in assault mode and ludo be over 200k (in a vessel mind you) if it was stated that he was comparable to mel (especially depicting mel in his second demon mark)

This is def not headcanon or wank just fyi mel isn't even my favorite character, but he is without a shadow of a doubt way over 142k after his fight with escanor and before his absorbing of commandments

Zezu1995 said:
ludo is in hennys body?
In the last chapter he purged ludo out of his vessel so that Gil could flee with her and offered his body to him as a new vessel. So we may see Hendy!Ludo next chapter.

Gelan06 said:
king is far stronger can stomp zeldirs as easy as meliodas
King is far stronger gnan zeldris?? I dont see King with his Sunflower enable the bypass the defense of DKs magic. King barely injured zeldris. So your argument is a nitpick to the whole fight

Last time i checked meliodas withiut wanting to fight pinned zeldris laying down on the ground while king obly made him spew couple blood while laughing that King doesnt realize who's coming to Camelot as well.

It's like aizen vs the captains in this same fight that were talking about

heres the chapter idk if someone posted

https://ww1.***************.com/cha...pp7Ga7b3CdTqYcrWLKxSij23VxUFO4t-Bntd3A6naS01c

At this point I'm just reading to read. Powerscaling went crazy, plot is weird and everything is going in weird directions. I don't even get all that hyped anymore. It's jsut like ok, next chapter

Not really. God has kinda been shown to negate magic attacks from characters stronger than Zeldris. Ludoshel's Gold Shining seems to have been negated the same way Full Wing King's sunflower blast got negated. Also keep in mind this is Zeldris using God at night when he has an amp. Plus King is only using one Chastiefol form at a time due to the long distance weakness (which I should probably add onto his profile). We don't know what would happen if he fought King with more than one Chastiefol at once. Since even with one Chastiefol at a time King still seems to have the advantage.

King didn't seem to have the advantage imo since Zel still tanked attacks and even blocked all of his barrage of blades. King doesn't actually have any feats of being stronger than Zel. Zel only used God on the Sunflower. Everything else was physically capabilities.

Nevermind they did seem to be pretty equal both mocking each other while fighting. Though King seems to have caught Zeldris off guard with his guardian once in the fight.

Well the fight isn't over yet and the translations aren't that good so we probably shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I think that king isn fighting with all cause the distance but he is not playing obviously he wants to save Escanor and Merlin so he will not choose that moment to play with a enemy

Peter1129 said:
Not really. God has kinda been shown to negate magic attacks from characters stronger than Zeldris. Ludoshel's Gold Shining seems to have been negated the same way Full Wing King's sunflower blast got negated. Also keep in mind this is Zeldris using God at night when he has an amp. Plus King is only using one Chastiefol form at a time due to the long distance weakness (which I should probably add onto his profile). We don't know what would happen if he fought King with more than one Chastiefol at once. Since even with one Chastiefol at a time King still seems to have the advantage.
But why didnt DKs magic had any effect on meliodas??

Also as for the one chastiefol, we see king here making zeldris off guard as ZELDRIS doesnt know anything about chastiefol at all. But despite that zeldris HAS NO major injuries that allowed him to unable to fight. Coughing up couple blood is while his face was clean without bruises doesnt really say much whether King>zeldris.

Zeldris has so many advantages over king its pretty hilarious. Actuallly the translations are perf3ct which every manga website used official translation. Such mangarock and such.

Gelan06 said:
I think that king isn fighting with all cause the distance but he is not playing obviously he wants to save Escanor and Merlin so he will not choose that moment to play with a enemy
The distance affects power output?? If so why did King states using chastiefol from a far distance exhausts him rather than weakens him?

Screenshot 20190109-174202 Chrome

This pretty much confirms as well that estarossa after 2 commandments increased his PL by 28k IS NOT consistent when absorbing another one. As its exponential increase of the more gathered they are the greater the increase.

Maxnumb231 said:
But why didnt DKs magic had any effect on meliodas??

Also as for the one chastiefol, we see king here making zeldris off guard as ZELDRIS doesnt know anything about chastiefol at all. But despite that zeldris HAS NO major injuries that allowed him to unable to fight. Coughing up couple blood is while his face was clean without bruises doesnt really say much whether King>zeldris.

Zeldris has so many advantages over king its pretty hilarious. Actuallly the translations are perf3ct which every manga website used official translation. Such mangarock and such.
Meliodas used Darkness to overpower God. And we already know Darkness isn't magic since even characters like Base Galand who had 0 magic when he first got out of the goddess clan seal could use it.

That also doesn't prove King is weaker than Zeldris though. It just shows that they are roughly even with each other at night when King is only using one Chastiefol while remote controlling it from far away which drains his magic quicker on top of getting hard countered by God. So if anything it actually makes King look more impressive.

Also the website *************** is known for making rough translations of NNT. We even see in this chapter that they accidentally had Hendrickson saying my father even though it's supposed to be your father when he was talking to Gilthunder. And to be honest I'd rather trust translations from ***********, FKS, or the official translations. They make mistakes but their translation is overall much better.

Also peter im pretty sure that darkness is really magic cause the mage demons like melascula use it more than the warriors like derierie, also Zeldris was shocked cause he couldnt moved even using God when mel overpower him so that probably he shocked cause mel using magic bypass his god ability

Meliodas used Darkness to overpower God. And we already know Darkness isn't magic since even characters like Base Galand who had 0 magic when he first got out of the goddess clan seal could use it.
That also doesn't prove King is weaker than Zeldris though. It just shows that they are roughly even with each other at night when King is only using one Chastiefol while remote controlling it from far away which drains his magic quicker on top of getting hard countered by God. So if anything it actually makes King look more impressive.

Also the website *************** is known for making rough translations of NNT. We even see in this chapter that they accidentally had Hendrickson saying my father even though it's supposed to be your father when he was talking to Gilthunder. And to be honest I'd rather trust translations from ***********, FKS, or the official translations. They might make mistakes but their translation is overall much better.

Shoooooot
Shiiiiiiiiiit
Uh huh he did use it, but why would zeldris state "I possess the magic of the demon king and yet, i can't move an inch!? As father said meliodas truly is..." That quote there implies two points, Zeldris hinted that his borrowed magic didn't work, another point is that he knows how darkness' own capability on offense. But if its a physical attack why did zeldris state this?? Are you saying zeldris isn't aware the power of darkness? Cuz you're saying to me since galand had 0 magic therefore he didn't use darkness. This 3rd panel says completely different, galand never used even when he got to camelot fighting the sins as he used his mere raw speed to do so. This 3rd panel is from chapter 136 and commandments woke up before chapter 120, throughout those waiting they fed their magic with civillians who's nearby hence monspiet could use pugatory flame bird before they parted their ways. Goddess seal overtime will be gone, but if we go with the anime the commandments waking up was when the sun was still up and when meliodas fought galand it was night, so the fact goddess seal's own effectiveness wears out over time clear proves the point and debunks "galand didn't have magic when he used it".
HAHHH11
Wellp1
This is proven in the last panel by the fact zeldris states that no wonder it takes longer for them to get their magic back due to the area of the edinburg that was suppose to be surrounded by magic. So overtime they are regaining their magic and the goddess seal is obviously as shown throughout the series loses its effect as time goes. Fraudrin here states that the magic were absorbed by the plants, animals and people, commandments were trying to eat it to gain some magic. So going back to the main premise, when meliodas hit galand with darkness hawk, galand quote it as "dark magic" (which is still magic regardless). not only that estarossa's magic when it'ss being used as offense is called magic as well. So there are many evidences to support my claim.
what makes king look impressive? making zeldris spewing out couple blood? if that's the case you're factoring zeldris who was caught off guard, toying around while giving irony vibes towards their fight. So using this one feat to suggests it makes king look impressive is clearly false. okay he was limited by only using 1 chastiefol forms at a time, but what does that prove? it only proves his versatility not power, Guardian alreayd hit zeldris which did pretty much barely to zeldris. Multiply form was being reflected by zeldris own swrdsmanship without using ON.

yeah it was suppose to refer to Zarataras but not all translations are the same or consistent everytime.

actually that same translations from the site you read came from official translations i.e crunchyroll since they are licensed to have the official ones.

Maxnumb, as difficult as you are to deal with...

Can you at least have the decency to break up that wall of text and not quote walls of text?

@Maxnumb231 You asked why God didn't work on Meliodas and I answered it. Meliodas didn't use magic he used Darkness to overpowered Zeldris w/ God who is slightly weaker than Ludoshel who is inferior to Prime Demon Mark Meliodas let alone Prime Assault Mode Meliodas. God can negate magic attacks from characters even stronger than him but it can't negate attacks that aren't magic like Darkness.

I'm pretty sure *************** doesn't get their translations from Crunchyroll. If it does than I have to say that's some terrible translation.

Gelan06 said:
Also peter im pretty sure that darkness is really magic cause the mage demons like melascula use it more than the warriors like derierie, also Zeldris was shocked cause he couldnt moved even using God when mel overpower him so that probably he shocked cause mel using magic bypass his god ability
Pretty sure Darkness isn't magic but you could mix it with magic which is probably why Melascula uses it that often. Her Dark Cacoon seems to be a mix of magic and Darkness.

Gelan06 said:
When Estarrosa uses againts The cruel Sun of Escanor he says: my magic is stronger than yours
Thing is Darkness is kinda inconsistent. Sometimes it's considered magic sometimes it's not. Cause I'm pretty sure when the Ten Commandments first appeared it wasn't magic since Galand could use it while having 0 magic.

Back