• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My issues with High 6-A Shazam and his speed

lol, I'm the opposite. I can't stand the DCEU (wonder woman is objectively good but I don't like it as much as I wanted to, and I haven't seen aquaman yet) but Shazam was amazing. Everything I wanted and more.

Well Joker's out in October, Aquman 2 is 2024 and I think BOP is either this year or next year

There's also the Suicide Squad with James Gunn, New Gods, The Batman, Black Adam and a rumoured JL 2 is somewhere I think

Just got out of the movie, Headless is completely right, but there's also a few other issues with scaling I've seen, all coming from the "comparable to Pedro/Darla" justifications.

Each of the Shazam Family kids (barring Billy himself) were especially talented in one power. For Pedro, he's the muscles of the group. Darla, the speed. These are the first powers they pick up, and these are the powers they use most throughout the film. Billy himself seems to serve as the jack of all trades in the team. This is also how it works in the comics, so it makes sense for the trend to be repeated here.

So, yes, Pedro is able to hold back a ferris wheel and Darla was able to dodge finger lightning, but both of these people are stronger and faster than Billy, respectively. Scaling Billy to their levels... basically renders their purpose on the team null.

I also don't believe Darla is Massively Hypersonic+. She does dodge their finger lightning, but the finger lightning is shown to be not very fast in other scenes. There's also many instances in the film that could allow Darla's speed to be calculated, and I don't think any of them will calc above Hypersonic.

...Oh, and one other problem. I've seen some people saying that Sivana "vaporized" that statue? He didn't do that. He melted part of it, but the other chunks of the statue just blast outwards. We even see that the statue's head and lower half are completely intact. I think it was closer to fragmentation than vaporization.

That's all I've got to say so far. If anyone has questions I'll be here to answer.

Also, yes, this film was REALLY good.

So film was totally a win for DC (hoping they get good box office)

In terms of feats there's not much not already mentioned but a weakened Sivana saw a bullet in slow motion as well as Shazam being said to have tossed a soccer ball into space

@All

If the Superman wrestling feat happened in joke credits, I obviously do not mind if you downgrade Shazam.

@Matthew

If the current DCEU statistics are inaccurate, you should feel free to start a content revision thread.

I'd say downgrade him to just 8-C (Zeus isn't High 6-A and Shazam just got the powers so I doubt he can use them right)

That said tho I'm curious about something I might ask later

Just to be sure, does the "likely High 6-A" from "Has the power of Zeus" thing take count of Zeus himself ? I mean, if that's the case, shouldn't Zeus be noted High 6-A somehow ? And in that case, shouldn't Ares scale (to some extent and with a precise key) since he was able to fight and kill Zeus during the War of the Gods ?

He isn't, he has a High 6-A feat with the Mother-Boxes but that's it and it's an outlier.

That said if anyone like Adam or Shazam get High 6-A scaling with Supes Zeus and Ares could be buffed (but I doubt it as much as I want Supes and Shazam vs Black Adam)

That's what i thought. Although i don't really agree with the fact that it is an outlier (since Zeus clearly had no difficulty to do it with only one thunderbolt while Supes needed Cyborg's help to do the same thing and they had difficulties). But then i don't understand why Shazam should be noted as High 6-A with the justification of having Zeus's power since Zeus isn't High 6-A.

For Ares, if he must scale (and i'mnot sayin he actually must even if we could discuss about it), it should be noted that he did while empowered with the violence from the War of Gods and after killing all the other Olympians.

And yes, i want Supes and Shazam vs Black Adam to :)

I don't remember an indication that each Shazamily member specialized in an aspect, but their powers are all literally derived from Billy's, so he would scale regardless. The lightning is literally from Zeus, the god of real lightning, and can be casted cloud-to ground.

The falling bus and ferris wheel have kinetic energy, which for the bus is admittedly unlikely to be 8-C, but he didn't really have to use his full strength for it either.

He dropped the truck from a height, also KE, and while the statue probably does need to be calced (I think the feat appears in a trailer) it is clearly building level at a glance.

@Arkham actually I don't know if Ares gets stronger in these films from violence.

@Cropcircles I agree, it's clearky the first time they got the power too so Bilky shouldn't be far off in power as he's a recent Champion himself

He actually does wich is natural since he is the God of War. It's shown in the Wonder Woman movie when Diana is only able to fight him when she doesn't use violence. It's Violence Empowerment.

For now, Shazam doesn't have mastered Zeus's powers so i don't think he should be noted as High 6-A but i agree with the 8-C thing of course. And even then i don't really see how the justification should be having Zeus's power since the latter isn't High 6-A (though editing is of course possible).

The problem with the Zeus/Mother Box outlier is that Justice League is a jumbled cut-up mess because the studio and Whedon ****** it up. Superman/WW/Zeus/Ares/Steppenwolf all likely would have been in the same tier, Superman would have had a harder time with Wonder Woman and the final fight against Steppenwolf actually would have been a battle, so the whole Zeus/Mother Box High 6-A outlier issue wouldn't actually be an issue.

@Arkham he does t tho, Diana beats him by unlocking her power which Ares can't withstand (also since Matt brought up speed can I mention weakened Ares?)

I agree with this. And it's still one of the better scenes in the movie (i know it's not really the place to say it but JL was such a big disappoitment that i actually prefer Suicide Squad. Yeah, that was that bad to me. Because, apart for the Joker, SS didn't really pissed me off).

Though my problem with the outlier thing is that we clearly see that Zeus doesn't have any problem to stop the Unity alone unlike Supes and Cyborg. But it's all we see from Zeus in the DCEU (apart from the fact that he defeated a war empowered Ares and Steppenwolf with one thunderbolt (after the latter being seriously wounded by Ares) and the fact that Ares needed to be empowered to kill him ).

My personal opinion is that Zeus can be considered to be the most powerful being the DCEU for now (Darkseid doesn't count even if he's mentionned) with Ares (empowered) following and Superman in third position. Just an opinion though, not an attempt to edit the profiles though i still think Zeus > everyone else. While i don't see a High 6-A Zeus scale coming soon, it should also apply to Ares with a special key

Speaking of wich, is there going to be a profile for the Seven Deadly Sins and Sivana ?

@Redic still tho that's not the canon cut we got so we can't commebt (also since Supes allegedly kills Darkseid he'd probably be as strong as the TC)

But yeah Zeus has no feats of this tier aside from the Boxes (unless we scale him to Enchantress)

There used to be but it got removed

She also had a High 6-A calf but since it's overtime I think it's be Low 6-B or so

Oh ok, that's what it seemed to me (i remebered there was a profile for the E but i wasn't able to find it for a long time).

Can remind me what feat we are talking about ?

Hellbeast1 said:
@Arkham he does t tho, Diana beats him by unlocking her power which Ares can't withstand (also since Matt brought up speed can I mention weakened Ares?)
Ares has Violence Empowerment, it's already been discussed i guess. For the weakened thing, i don't know it it's necessary since he should be on the same level to some extent.

So is Shazam profile still "likely High 6-A" ?

1) except at no point is that stated in the movie (it comes from the wiki which I got it from)

2) Shazam shouldn't be High 6-A

1) It's seen in the movie that, while fighting Ares with violence, Diana can punch him but doesn't harm him and she only defeated him not only because she unleashed her true power (and Ares was still able to harm her to some extent) but also by focusing on her love for Steve and her belief that humanity isn't fully evil.

2) I agree. Maybe in the future but it's his first film so not for now.

So for the Echantress thing, what was that feat (i haven't watched Suicide Squad for while so i don't correctly remember aside from the fact it was bad) ?

And for the Sins and Sivana thing ?

Another thing, should Shazam have some sort of limited Nigh-Invulnerability thing since it was stated in the movie that only magic can hurt him (and Sivana) ?

Invulnerability to mortal weapons would be covered by basically being immune to nukes if he scales to Zeus, so it might just be a durability thing.

1) let's not derail the chat with this (take this to my wall if you wish to debate)

2) good to hear (considering the next movie will probably include Black Adam and maybe Kal El he's getting buffed)

3) no, that feels a bit NLF and the quote is more referring to the AP I feel (same thing with Ares claiming only a God can kill a God)

1) Yep.

2) Never thought he should be, actually i didn't understood why he was noted as High 6-A, especially with the Zeus justification since Zeus isn't himself and that he doesn't show any feat that could suggest it.

3) Well, for the God thing, i believe it. Though i don't think it can be checked since WW is a demi-goddess so still mortal in a way and Ares was killed by Diana because of her divine blood but most of all because she was "created" to kill him (and for the New Gods fight against Steppenwolf, Olympians were real gods while New Gods are more aliens).

But ok, i didn't think to but i asked just to be sure.

And for the rest (Sivana, Deadly Sins and Enchantress) ?

Back