• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Story-wise: An interesting, well executed story that holds a candle to the Archie Comics. Preferably something dealing with Shadow, but I'm flexible.

Power-wise: A Tier 1 character, Sonic having Flash-esque abilities, Tier 4 Base Sonic, maybe Tier 2 and decently haxxed characters like in the Archie Comics, ect.

Stories: Ian Flynn manages to bring back and make use of forgotten characters like Honey the Cat, Mighty the Armadillo, Emerl, etc while also introducing new interesting characters because so far, I likee Whisper, Tangle, Dr. Starline and Rough & Tumble. The tone is a good balance between serious, fun and epic (somewhere on the line of Marvel movies or any of the Jason/Ryan era games). More song references. Everyone in the cast get loads of character development and eventually, Tails's story arc of getting out of Sonic's shadow comes to an end. Eventually, Sonic goes against Shadow or Knuckles in an all-out "I'm trying to take your damn life" situation just so we can see just how powerful Ian Flynn made these characters.

Power-wise: I'd like Sonic to be at least Star level at full power in Base which Shadow, Silver (very roughly from what I've seen) and Knuckles should roughly scale to. As for Super forms, 2-B. High-end 2-B at most. 2-A would be dope, but I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of a 2-B Game in comic book form Super Sonic (which there are arguments that he is and frankly, I dig it).

@Maverick but the 11-D matrix!

Story-wise: I want to see growth in the characters the farther we get into the IDW comics, and I want to see them evolve. Have Tails back at Sonic's side in the action, bring about a catastrophe that needs to be prevented, and we'll go from there.

Power-wise: The Chaos Emeralds were explicitly said to vary in power, so I don't really care, but I wouldn't mind having them end up high into 3-A. That'd be cool.

Story wise:Not a lot, maybe for Sonic to stop being so stupid and realize he did a bd by letting Metal Sonic go

Also, for the "Infected Sonic" arc to be an angst fanfic fuel

Power wise:...Dunno, 4-A base Sonic I guess, also Sonic abuses more of his chaos powers

If it's ok, I got to ask a serious IDW question.

Is IDW nerfing Dr. Eggman? Archie Eggman was incompetent at some points, but IDW Eggman seems poor at long term planning, which Archie Eggman didn't lack in.

I don't think so, Eggman doesn't really think all his plans through, seeing every time someone betrays him or something goes wrong, so I don't think it's "nerfing"

Yeah, he doesn't think things through sometimes.

But he was always aware Snivley was going to betray him. Archie Eggman always knew anyone working for him was going to betray him after Snivley sabotaged the Ultimate Annihilator. And Eggman took steps and warned those working under him The consequences of betraying him.

Archie Eggman thought things through with Endgame, the death of Knothole, his return after his mind snapped. He even had a plan for the 1st GW with cementing the reality shift. But FateHax Sonic always stopped him.

Eggman also thought things through with his rise to power with his dismantling of the original kingdom of acorn.

My point is, Archie Eggman always had a sense he was in control of things and mistakes were made when he underestimated his opponents.

I guess the problem I have with IDW Eggman is his attitude of leaving things to chance, rather than orchestrating a plan.

Uh, I was refering to game Eggman since IDW seems to follow the game canon way more than Archie, I do agree with you tho

Nope this is still nerfing Eggman

He might screw up before, but not this bad, plus he learned from his mistakes after Unleashed.

Like, jeez I ******* despise this issue.

I would be so happy if IDW Eggman was playing the fool on Dr. Starline. If Eggman can't outwit Dr. Starline, IDW Eggman is going to be a nuisance more than a threat for the rest of the series.

UltimateFlare said:
Nope this is still nerfing Eggman

He might screw up before, but not this bad, plus he learned from his mistakes after Unleashed.

Like, jeez I ******* despise this issue.
Colors Eggman let his entire plan in ruin because he didn't check if his mind control ray was well or not which let a black hole come out

Lost World Eggman had the Zeti betray him and lose his army and needed Sonic to save him

He got stuck in White space in Gens

He not trying to give orders to Zombots or making a cure is nothing diferent from those, we think it's bad because of Starline point of view

He still had a back up plan for when the Zeti betrayed him and used Sonic to get close to his robot again, plus it qas not his fault he was betrayed when the only way he could control to Zeti's was kicked into space by Sonic

He got stuck in White Space cause the Sonics kicked his ass and destroyed the Time Eater leaving the Eggman's trapped there...and they still found a way to get out

Plus in Forces he had several back up plans and the only reason he lost where for things beyond his control like Infinite getting cocky or the avatar.

Still doesn't change the fact that making a bunch of Zombies but not thinking of ways to cure or control them isn't OOC and has happened before and even worse, we think it's bad because we have Starline point of view to point that out, he would have done the same in every plan except maybe Forces but he would have complained about letting Sonic live

Eggman should have know Sonic could kick the counch, that wasn't a back up plan but taking advantage of a situation, he didn't even care about how the planet was

Nope, he didn't have any back up plan in case he lost, just like he doesn't have a back up plan in case the Zombots don't listen

I'll bump it. I want IDW Sonic to be more in line with his games. Supersonic to Hypersonic speeds, building level to multi-city block,(more clear feats unrelated to calcs mind you)

Story-Wise: I want the world building to be as fleshed out as Archie. That's all I can ask for really. It seems Ian is sticking with the basic roots of Sonic and not trying to hard to overwhelm us with new characters like the additional echnidas or Sally Acorn and her kingdom. I want the story to fit the games mold and style without massively overhauling it.

Theuser789 said:
Uh, Game Sonic is way above Supersonic/hypersonic speeds and 8-A but sure
Without a doubt, he has FTL feats and the like, but consistently based off earlier games, and some recent games his regular speeds are varying degrees of supersonic to massively hypersonic. There's no need to make the characters overpowered to have satisfying fights and storytelling.

In the comics, whether its Archie or IDW the feats were blatant. Its hard to ignore, multiversal Sonic or MFTL Sonic in archie, for example when the feats were in our faces.

Without a doubt, he has FTL feats and the like, but consistently based off earlier games, and some recent games his regular speeds are varying degrees of supersonic to massively hypersonic. There's no need to make the characters overpowered to have satisfying fights and storytelling.

I mean sure, you are right about the last part, but lower feats don't contradict higher feats, game Sonic is FTL

Theuser789 said:
Without a doubt, he has FTL feats and the like, but consistently based off earlier games, and some recent games his regular speeds are varying degrees of supersonic to massively hypersonic.
There's no need to make the characters overpowered to have satisfying fights and storytelling.
I mean sure, you are right about the last part, but lower feats don't contradict higher feats, game Sonic is FTL
It does when its not consistently portrayed. If the same writers are refusing to keep push Sonic past a specific level then that says something about consistency. But I'm sure that's where we disagree. Sonic Adventure games had Sonic at hypersonic, but light speed+ in short bursts via light speed attack/dash Unleashed, Generations and Colors, all had super sonic to massively hypersonic feats, by LS when using the LSD, Colors 3ds having a feat of Sonic being faster than laser wisps, which is an FTL, cool, but it doesn't seem consistent with his feats in colors, Black Knight had Sonic keeping pace with lightning dragons, and so on and so forth. Almost every game has Sonic at supersonic to MHS at almost all times except a select few feats when he's specifically in base. Super Sonic is obviously FTL easily. I just don't think Sonic himself in base is consistently. There was also Sonic Generatiosn with the running fast enough to fix time but that's hardly quantifiable.

Like lower feats contradict higher feats for sure, when the lower feats take precedence and outnumber them heavily. Especially when its the more recent of the feats.

Uh, even the Classic and Adventure-Era had laser dodging feats ranging from 5-7x FTL, and Classic has about 3/4 laser-dodging feats at Relativistic-Relativistic+

Im not going to go back and forth with my different intepretations, whether its consistent or not is where we disagree, the point is, in most Sonic games, especially in the cutscenes, he is specifically portrayed in the supersonic to MHS ballpark. That's personally where I would want him to be as opposed to him being an absurdly overpowered herald like he is in Archie.

My different opinion not weird, it isn't weird to have a completely different interpretation of feats and what's consistent and not consistent.

I mean if I destroy a wall, and you interpret that I can only snap a pencil... You'll be surprised on what I can do later.

God, why do people want an adaption of Game story so bad in comic or cartoon form? The Game Canon became a mess some time around Sonic 06.

Because people are waiting for a faithful adaptation of the games without any annoying elements like older cartoon and comics had?

The closest thing we have are Mania Adventures and TSR Overdrive.

How can you adapt "Sonic travels to two worlds" while Sonic Adventure 1 had the Knuckles Clan and the Mystic Ruins right next Station Square?

Back