• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #9

Dude, that episode was awesome, I do find it interesting they went with ominous music for the fight, it didn't really match the tone, I felt like they needed more heroic music, but then again, the animation was phenomenal and the voice acting was on point, so I can't really complain

The ominous music + that visual of Deku before he deals the final blow was godly.

Also, can we talk about how current Deku can go 100% full cowl as a viable combat option now? The movie shows him at 100%, confirmed by this episode, and he apparently doesn't need Eri to deal with the pain of breaking his bones. It seems like he can just deal with being at 100% full cowl now, and isn't in capped by breaking his bones.

Viable 100% Deku?

Imma be honest....while this ep was absolutely amazing, for some odd reason i didnt really get that much hyped up. At least they pulled a Hiroyuki Sawano for that OST lol

You probably didn't feel super hyped because the music was more ominous and less amping you up, if you say run was playing, it'd probably feel more hype

When they do Gentle Criminal, they'll probably have Music that's more amping

This is the reason why I prefer anime over manga

THAT WAS HYPE AF

So the theories about Saitama being a future OFA user were true all along

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
You probably didn't feel super hyped because the music was more ominous and less amping you up, if you say run was playing, it'd probably feel more hype
Btw it was. It was the slow version of You Say Run with vocals from the movie.

My Hero Academia THE MOVIE Heroes Rising OST - MightÔü║U (You Say Run Vocal Ver
My Hero Academia THE MOVIE Heroes Rising OST - MightÔü║U (You Say Run Vocal Ver.)

To be honest, You Say Run is not my favourite song; It's not even a song I like. And, Infinite 100% looked dull compared to what he looked like in the manga. It was still a pretty good episode, though.

Seeing as how Nana (probably on Embers though) was taken out by a potentially city-sized explosion, and All Might is supposedly Tier High 7-A in his prime, yeah, Izuku would most likely reach Tier 6. Not like Country level, but Tier 6. Maybe Island.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Izuku hopefully reaches Tier 6 by the end of the series, I want to see 6-B Izuku frankly
All Might's storm feat is actually Tier 6, so Deku will definitely reach it, but I'll update it later when the movie comes out.

i want to see a combo attack of all the quirks in OFA, the new united states of smash. As of right now, maybe using blackwhip to snatch up the enemy(ies), slam them on the ground a few times, throw them in the air, then do a huge mega punch after immobilizing the opponents.

Another PV for the movie dropped and I'm actually dead serious about 100% full cowl Deku being viable. He can just turn it on whenever he wants currently, and all he has to do is deal with the pain. No more 3 punch wonder or insta death when he takes a step. His control over OFA has come a very long way.

Back