• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #9

Nah, it's Cannon

Just like how two heros is

Why else would he say that it uses what he planned for the end of the series until he changed his mind to make something even more crazy happen unless he wrote the movie

Is only temporarily as izuku gets one for all back

At least we now know a user can give the previous user one for all back and that the will of ofa can give consent to passing it back as bakugo was knocked out after fighting with it

A user of One For All could always give it back to the previous user, since it is a Quirk that can transfer itself. The Quirk itself going back to the previous user in the case of Katsuki is a different story, and it may be because the previous users of One For All don't see Katsuki with One For All in the future. The entire story of My Hero Academia is a flashback. Or like a war story he's telling his grandchildren.

And also, Nine appeared in the manga back in April of last year (haha, I can say that)

20191230 110034

Spinoirr said:
Is only temporarily as izuku gets one for all back
I hope that's true, I heard somewhere that Bakugou forgot everything that happened during the fight, and that he kept the full One For All, while Deku has only its remnants.

The only ppl who'd be happy with that end Therefir are the fan girls. I've never really understood why Bakugou's so massively popular

Once the movie get released online (either through pirates with a camera or pirates who got a DVD in the future), should we add a One For All key for Katsuki, or not since it was only temporary.

Also, both of them were using 100% (they have the Full Cowl 100% look), so Katsuki stamina upgrade?

Can you guys talk about this in a spoiler thread, I know I've already been spoiled about this Bakugou thing, but can you just not talk about the movie please...

Spinoirr said:
Nah, it's Cannon

Just like how two heros is

Why else would he say that it uses what he planned for the end of the series until he changed his mind to make something even more crazy happen unless he wrote the movie
What? That doesn't mean it's canon to the main story. Just because he is using a concept he is no longer using for the main story for the movie doesn't mean it's canon to the main story anymore.

Nine has appeared in the manga before, and he was in the Deku & Bakugo: Rising spinoff. This is canon to the main story.

It's Cannon, it takes place before the endeavor intern arc and after the my villan arc

Also I'm like 100% sure he wrote the story for the movie and that's probably why he had that nine Easter egg there in his manga. Also when he says he hasn't seen the movie means he didn't see what bones did with his script

Nine has appeared in the manga before!! Please link me lol cause Nine is the only thing that is still making MHA good for me

I've been noticing a lot of people have been claiming that only one thing is keeping them invested in My Hero Academia.

Guys, this is a normal discussion thread, you can keep talking about the movie but put your comments into spoiler boxes if you're going to talk about spoilers.

AstralKing7 said:
Nine has appeared in the manga before!! Please link me lol cause Nine is the only thing that is still making MHA good for me
In the main manga, he has only made a brief cameo. Page 8 (including cover page) of Chapter 222, which was released on April 1 of 2019 (April 19 in Weekly Shonen Jump).

Spoiler for "Deku & Bakugo: Rising"

Aside from that, he was in the second chapter of Deku & Bakugo: Rising. This manga showcased how his Weather Manipulation Quirk works, allowing him to morph into nature and generate storms and whatnot.

This is such bullshit. Im not a big MHA fan anyway but dammit, this movies plot is just trash. Lets be ready for the manga to pull this stuff too.

I'm a sucker for dumb action (probably why I like dragon Ball super) but I also like a good story that gets me hooked

In the main manga, he has only made a brief cameo. Page 8 (including cover page) of Chapter 222, which was released on April 1 of 2019 (April 19 in Weekly Shonen Jump).

Aside from that, he was in the second chapter of Deku & Bakugo: Rising. This manga showcased how his Weather Manipulation Quirk works, allowing him to morph into nature and generate storms and whatnot.
Please explain to me how the spinoff chapter is consistent with the main manga. Like, in the main manga, Bakugo didn't want to be caught doing illegal things like smoking to show on his record before entering U.A. but in the spin off, he is perfectly fine with using his quirk illegally to fight people, which Deku, Shoto and Iida almost got in trouble for.

08D0BCB4-7593-4660-B871-C2FD0CEACD63

Yeah, Bakugo using the power is dumb, but still, it looks the movie's gonna be fun and have cool action and fight scenes

I only hope that this plot point doesn't become a mainstay, I don't want Bakugo to keep and be able to use the power ever again

He won't, someone from Japan read and saw the movie and said he doesn't keep one for all at all and doesn't remember anything about getting it

Good, however I wonder if this is a hint at One For All's transfer ability evolving

Like what if the quirk has evolved that now Deku can pass on and take on quirks from other people just like All For One, maybe he can share quirks with people unlike All For One who straight up takes them, like maybe Deku could share explosion with Bakugo, or share Hellfire/Cold with Todoroki

It's an interesting idea if it's explained and could be really cool, however I feel that maybe I'm a little too hopeful

Also fits with the name more

One for all and a reference to one for all and all for one (from the three musketeers)

Nine seems to have a pretty cool power set actually when reading the spoilers. Bakugou is also apparently like All Might in that he can perfectly use OFA. So that's something also seems to resist something that appears to be mind manipulation by sheer anger. What an angry boi.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Guys, this is a normal discussion thread, you can keep talking about the movie but put your comments into spoiler boxes if you're going to talk about spoilers.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Yeah, Bakugo using the power is dumb, but still, it looks the movie's gonna be fun and have cool action and fight scenes
I only hope that this plot point doesn't become a mainstay, I don't want Bakugo to keep and be able to use the power ever again
Dont worry, plot solves it.

I hear bakugo with full cowl 100% lifts up a damn mountain and throws it and melts it. Makes sense as the new user of OFA would be stronger and amps that persons qurik but God damn!

Spoilers

I really hope that Katsuki didn't actually pick up and melt a mountain. If that actually happened, would that feat be considered an outlier or could it actually be explained by One For All growing stronger as it's passed on?

Also, I like how we just ignore how Katsuki has never trained for One For All and is able to use 100% without destroying his body completely. Is he a prodigy like Toshinori?

Big difference is that AMs OFA was likely tons of times weaker than what deku got, so 100% of that would be mastering a lot more than what AM did in his youth. Guess Bakugo would have been AMs rival as well would have just been born sooner.

The will of one for all takes his memory of his time useing one for all

That's what I mean

That doesn't make any sense tbh^

This is a huge plot point. It's most likely going to resurface in the future.

Back