• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #9

Problem is two chapters is way too little for one episode and episode 14 is pretty much confirmed to be adapting chapter 161. So the next episode should have majority of the Overhaul fight which is in chapter 158. Episode 13 will likely start with them revealing Eri's quirk the middle part will be the fight and the end will be Deku punching out Overhaul. With Episode 14 they will probably be starting it with Eri's quirk going into overdrive and rewinding Overhaul back to his normal form with the middle section being the LoV on the highway and finale of the episode will be Nighteye's death.

Davidsteel1 said:
Hope we at least get a tease of Gentle this season; love the dude
Every season past season 1 is 25 episodes. We are pretty much guaranteed to see Gentle this season. The question now is whether or not we will see the entire Endeavor Arc animated or if it will just adapt the new hero billboard which is the first two chapters of the Endeavor Arc.

But we still haven't gotten Eri's or Overhaul's backstory. It would be a shame if they just skimmed it.

They adapted the entire Red Riot and Fatgum fight in one episode and that thing is four chapters in total if you include the flashbacks.

Could Mina be given Acid Immunity, since her mutation has no danger to her acid?

Nux did a thing, argued with myself for like an hour and a half if this was the best move. But ultimately thought it's largely just a joke (though not devoid of truth) so shouldn't cause much trouble. Also I didn't know Bakugou dies, that's sad

Also can someone explain the Deku hate? I always thought he was a good character or at the very least an inoffensive character in any way- meaning he tends to come across as "safe" not doing anything too severe that'll polarise ppl, he seems very "normal" to me- so I was a bit surprised when I saw ppl dissing him.

ElixirBlue said:
Could Mina be given Acid Immunity, since her mutation has no danger to her acid?
Is that accurate? I have a vague memory of her being told she's need to train herself so she could resist prolonged use of her quirk- so that'd be resistance alone.

We also don't give immunity on here as well

@David

I think the issue that people have with Deku from My Hero Academia is just how unoffensive he is. I personally don't feel strongly about him one way or the other, but I find that with all te personalities surrounding him, Deku just looks even more meh. Even with his odd quirks in such I find it hard to consider the guy anything more then good enough for his role.

On a slightly related note, how did you all feel about One For All and All For One when you first heard about them? I hated both to be honest, kinda still hate All For One, strictly because I've never like powers reliant on other ones to work properly.

If that's y ppl aren't fond of him then it's somewhat ironic since him being plain is supposed to be one of his distinct character traits- when everyone is special the person who isn't, becomes- and all that jazz.

I quite like OFA- reminds me of the Avatar. No particularly strong feelings on AFO, being able to steal powers while op, isn't very special when you realise almost every work of fiction has it in some capacity. That said I think both abilities become more prestigious due to their history, they're pretty closely tied and that helps sell them as being more mythological than they really are

I agree that the history of both powers really make them all the better, though what makes me not hate One For All anymore is the revelation of more quirks going into it. Since my main issue with it when I first saw it was that I thought the power kinda boring, especially for our protagonist. I'm hoping that Hoshi has some fun and interesting powers to help supplement the raw strength that Deku has already been given.

Lol, I know a lot of people thought One for All is going to become broken with the extra quirks.

Still, I wonder how Horikoshi is going to balance the world. This isn't like other Shonen, when you see the MC grow to match the power of the verse.

The question on every one's mind is, can the verse catch up to Deku?

Yes. We have people like Gigantomachia, the USJ Noumu, and All For One all sleeping on Izuku easily. And, there's the transformation that Tomura is undergoing that could put him up there with Izuku, if not make him stronger. Then, we have Katsuki and Shoto constantly catching up with him, with certain characters comparable to them like Eijiro and whatnot. Izuku is like a mid-tier character.

Funny, people think he is the most bland character, and he's in the middle of the power scale.

Also, I love One For All and All For One. More power is great.

Deku hasn't cried in a way for people to view as "too much" since All Might vs AFO, idk what those people are talking about. He's only cried recently when he realized what he sent Eri back to, when Nighteye was in the hospital, and as a joke with his mom a couple chapters ago, and like 5 arcs after Overhaul. The belief that an MC shouldn't be emotional, especially when it isn't even true since they grow out of it, is ridiculous anyway.

Nullflowerblush said:
Yes. We have people like Gigantomachia, the USJ Noumu, and All For One all sleeping on Izuku easily. And, there's the transformation that Tomura is undergoing that could put him up there with Izuku, if not make him stronger. Then, we have Katsuki and Shoto constantly catching up with him, with certain characters comparable to them like Eijiro and whatnot. Izuku is like a mid-tier character.

Funny, people think he is the most bland character, and he's in the middle of the power scale.

Also, I love One For All and All For One. More power is great.
No, Deku is going to get to Prime All Might powers, and the USJ Nomu wasn't even close. USJ was overpowered by a weaken, minute left, All Might. And if Gigantomachia is considered weaker than All for One (weaken) then there is no one close to Future Prime Deku's power.

That's actually very true, MHA is a verse that's constantly getting more powerful as time passes- and it actually has a logical reason behind this. If OFA is to play an "Avatar" like role in maintaining the peace it needs to evolve just as rapidly in order to keep up

And even ignoring how Quirks are going to be continously fusing into much larger quirks, look at Eri.

A completely new Quirk that came out as a result of a random mutation. The ability to reverse time.

So not only is that society having to deal with absurdly strong quirks being created over time, but quirks that mess with the fundamental laws of the universe coming into existence out of nowhere.

The thing about Quirks messing with the fundamentals of the universe, Eri is 6. We won't be seeing that kind of power being used in combat any time soon.

But it depends how far Horikoshi wants to take these characters. Will Deku become a father or grandfather in the future like Goku?

@Elixir, I was referring to current Izuku.

But, imagine if All For One received a Quirk that allowed him to return to his prime.

Was there any evidence that Rewind actually meddled with time a genetic mutation tampering with the fundamental laws of the universe, mmm yes? All I'm seeing is that it reverses biology and genetics.

Yeah. Chisaki sends a rock arm at them near the end of the fight and she just starts reversing everything in the area, including the arm.
Rokcere
Ereret

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah. Chisaki sends a rock arm at them near the end of the fight and she just starts reversing everything in the area, including the arm.
Rokcere
Ereret
That just looks like Eri separated Kai from his comrade.

Wait, I think it's actually that she can only effect inorganic things if the inorganic thing is mixed into/a part of the organic thing that she is reverting.

Aizawa says this so this is the way I think it works. If a glass window was broken, Eri would not be able to do anything to it with her quirk. If someone had glass in their wounds, Eri would be able to revert the wound and heal the person, with the glass no longer being in that person. I came to this conclusion since when she reverted the fusion of Nemoto and Chisaki, Nemoto still had his clothes that he had before the fusion, which disappeared once Chisaki fused the two of them together.
Aised
Nemotoe

Phew. I thought I was about to claim Eri as one of the strongest 10-C on the wiki.

Is it me, or are "fans" of my hero Academia is trying to hold back the characters/students from getting stronger? I've been seeing complaints about MHA on Reddit saying that the power level should have stayed at Season 1 & 2.

"Reddit" lemme stop u there chief.

On a serious note though, does it even matter? It's shounen so power creep is more likely than not going to be a thing, and even then I'd say MHA handles it's power creep fairly well. No exorbitant growths in power in any of the main cast, even when characters get more powerful these growths are usually improvements in technique rather than just pure dc and not every power introduced has obvious combat applications (see Mineta) but yet just about every power is made viable due to the characters efforts.

I mean, Deku is strong, but he ain't the top tiers, Shigaraki's New Ultimate Unlimited Power Transformation will probably wreck Deku hard

I think the power system works because we've seen how strong All Might is and how much further Deku has to go, One for All and All For One are cool quirks and their backstory works, which is why I like the idea of Deku and Shigaraki using them and surpassing their masters

I know.

They mention how early Youtubers praised the series for the low power level and now they feel that praise was unwarranted.

There is a lot of traditional Super Hero tropes Horikoshi could used in MHA since he loves the genre.

"Space, Time travel, Parallel universes, etc"

He can't do any of those if people keep complaining about the power levels.

I think it's dumb to think that writing quality is directly tied to the strength of the characters in the setting. "Man I love this seri-wait did that character just destroy a wall with a punch ha sike this is shit" is a terrible take. This is probably one of the worst reasons I could ever think of not to like something. Seriously, how on earth does a character being able to destroy X or not being able to destroy Y make you think that "Ah yes, this is a good series"?

ElixirBlue said:
Is it me, or are "fans" of my hero Academia is trying to hold back the characters/students from getting stronger? I've been seeing complaints about MHA on Reddit saying that the power level should have stayed at Season 1 & 2.
Because lots of Shounen fans want every show to be super strategic and like Jojo's bizarre adventure

Back