• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #6

That's what I'm saying. The characters don't say "He's travelling at Hypersonic speed" or "He's travelling at Mach 7". That's just the result of the calc.

If we tried to use that result for another calc, we'd be stacking calcs which isn't allowed.

Except we are calcing the same feat where he moved that fast.

Calc stacking would be if we took the result of this feat and applied it to a separate occasion of Iida using recipro burst.

A quick estimate would get it to be about 0.174 tons I think, Small Building level.

I see Therefir went ahead and made the changes...

Where do you Fat Gum's normal AP being > Kirishima's Unbreakable AP?

Also, there's a bit or circular scaling introduced:

Rappa's AP: Able to harm Fat Gum with a barrage of punches.

Fat Gum's Durability: Can withstand a barrage of punches from Rappa.

Also, where do you get that Kirishima's Unbreakable AP is comparable to the current Bakugo?

Fat Gum should be stronger than Kirishima's Unbreakable form, since he was able to stand firm on the ground after a barrage of Rappa's attacks, while Kirishima was sent flying several meters with a single punch, Fat Gum also created a bigger shockwave than Kirishima while hitting Tengai's Barrier.

Yep this sounds like circular scaling, I'm going to fix that.

As far as I know, that was decided some time ago, but anyway Kirishima in his Unbreakable form was able to destroy blades that previously damaged his normal hardened form, which is 1.05 tons, so he being Building level+ is justified.

The bigger shockwave is a fair point, but Fat Gum being able to stand firm can also be attributed to him absorbing the punches instead of tanking 100% of the damage.

I was planning on making a joke about that but it's okay...it's okay Gargoyle...

@Schnee I almost made a joke about how a metric ton isn't substantial to a low-7b character then thought better of it.

A lot better at least.

And it improves his record a lot.

That being said. Wasn't All Might High 7A back then? From the anime storm feat?

I'm actually kinda glad the 7-C downgrade happened. Because now the storm feat is basically the only feat AM had in his pre-power transfer state hence much less likely to be an outlier whatever the result is.

That and with this storm upgrade All Mights record won't be god awful and AFO is tearing shit up as a 7C

He unfortunately only gets a few of his losses removed after the upgrade. Most of the matches used his weakened form.

I hate to bring this up again, but it seems like that the image we are currently using to find the distance to the horizon is incorrect, since in the image the distance to the horizon is completely obstructed by buildings, so either we use the average width of the storms I proposed a while ago (since we cannot see the distance to the horizon in the manga, this method would be applicable), or we use the anime to find the distance to the horizon, what do you people think?

If u are talking about the new storm calculation then u gonna have to wait since now it's being questioned

On another note, it's finally Dekus turn and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen!

No I'm not talking about that.

I hope Deku wins this match, he deserves it.

I'm just trying to see what happen to Dekus OFA cause by the looks of it he says that everything is fine so I would think that he can use 20% without injuring himself

I almost want to say use the anime if it doesn't contradict anything.

But In this case since using the anime can be a really iffy interpretation then using the average width seems fine

@BlackeJan Yeah, he seems very confident, and I would be very angry if he lost, even more so after Bakugou's absolute victory, though we have to admit that Deku's team is shit compared to Bakugou's.

The anime view is actually just a more detailed version of a panel from the manga, tho I'm not sure if it actually gives a proper view of the horizon.

Therefir said:
@BlackeJan Yeah, he seems very confident, I would be very angry if he lost, even more so after Bakugou's absolute victory, though we have to admit that Deku's team is shit compared to Bakugou's.
Lol if Deku use 20% and they still lose then that would just be downright terrible 😂

EDIT: here's to me hoping that Deku wins another girls heart

Imma laugh when Deku in 20% is able to shake off the brainwash effect or AFO brother comes in again and helps Deku

@TriforcePower1 And when that happens, I think that the previous bearers of OFA will take full control of Deku's body, or at least give Deku all their combat knowledge, like an Avatar state.

Therefir said:
@TriforcePower1 And when that happens, I think that the previous bearers of OFA will take full control of Deku's body, or at least give Deku all their combat knowledge, like an Avatar state.
I'm not sure that'll be the best,Deku gaining all the knowledge from the past bearers kinda takes away from him. The main draw of Deku is him figuring out how to make OFA his, him suddenly gaining the knowledge and skills of the past bearers detracts from this.

Though the only reason he can't control OFA to the fullest is because of his own power, not because of his knowledge, he's already made OFA his own, he just needs to get stronger.

Still I think it'll be the wrong move, gaining the knowledge of ppl who have already mastered OFA would already make him several thousand times more capable than his other classmates and most of the pros, and I don't see Horikoshi making Deku so overly competent b4 he's even become a hero

He basically needs to have Goku training thought I think I understand what ya mean by having knowledge of past users. They could help him out in how to use OFA better

Therefir said:
I hate to bring this up again, but it seems like that the image we are currently using to find the distance to the horizon is incorrect, since in the image the distance to the horizon is completely obstructed by buildings, so either we use the average width of the storms I proposed a while ago (since we cannot see the distance to the horizon in the manga, this method would be applicable), or we use the anime to find the distance to the horizon, what do you people think?
Do whatever seems to make sense.. I'm not going to fight it.

Schnee One said:
I'm worried this will be an outlier of AM goes to High 6A from the anime timeframe
That's a pretty absurd estimate tbh, lol. But we have to remember it happened before AM transfered away OFA, and scales to nobody else but Prime AFO. So It cannot be considered an outlier anymore than Meruem powering up after being blown up is.

But the difference is pretty big. Meruem went from 7-C to 7-B while AM would go from 7-B to High 6-A.

Back