• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #6

Imo yes, he should. Verses like RWBY have characters at baseline High 8-C for stomping multiple 1.42 ton characters simultaneously, as well as a few other verses that follow this logic

But Rappa didn't actually one-shot him? Kirishima took multiple hits.

Wasn't his attack calced to be lea than that? And that was an explosive burst of power he absorbed, and not his usual attack potency.

His feat being calculated lower than that won't prevent him from being upgraded if he has the proper scaling for it.

Yeah, it was but I am talking about that burst of power only.

@Damage3245 Kirishima's skin and muscles were torn apart by a single blow of Rappa.

And Sir Nigheye can one-shot a clone of Rappa with his projectiles.

Yeah, Kirishima was damaged. But it wouldn't be right to say he was one-shot; he was just shocked that his 'Unbreakable' defense could be broken straight away. As soon as he got his resolve back, he went straight back into the battle and took numerous more hits from Rappa.

Um....when someone is one shotted that mean a that it took one hit to kill, render them completely useless, or have them unconscious

The mere fact that Kirishima was hit and was still able to fight means that he wasn't one shotted, just took a couple of hits to bring him down

One shot doesn't always mean that, it means being able to do something in one shot. But that's just specifics and being to literal, it doesn't really matter so I'll drop it.

Either way, I agree with High 8-C.

"One shot"

From a guy that... Throws barrages of punches?

I think is even stated he took the barrage aka several punches. Also, he managed to take the second time, so I disagree with High 8-C for Rappa (Also, of that scaled to Chisaki, therefore 8% Deku... That would scale to Bakugou and Kirishima, circular contradiction)

No it wouldn't, Bakugou doesn't scale to 8% Izuku and neither does Kirishima. Also Kirsihima was only hit once, he got sent flying by one punch and Fat Gum took the barrage.

Him throwing barrages means nothing.

Kirishima took a barrage later on but that was because he kept activating his Unbreakable mode every time Rappa broke it.

@AstralKing7 I guess so, he reacted to a punch from Rappa and used his Unbreakable form in time to block it.

TheRustyOne is right, Kirishima could withstand a barrage of attacks from Rappa only because he kept hardening himself over and over again.

TheRustyOne said:
No it wouldn't, Bakugou doesn't scale to 8% Izuku and neither does Kirishima.
If he doesnt, then Kiri isnt 1.28 Tons (8-C+) therefore Rappa has no justification to be High 8-C so no upgrade

And If Kiri scales to 8% Deku (Which he does, cause he scales from Bakugou who does scales to 8%), then scaling goes to hell, because and upgrade to Rappa means upgrade for Deku and upgrade for Kiri

You get me? In this particular scenario, there's no way Rappa becames High 8-C

Why wouldn't Kirishima be 1.28 tons? Both Bakugou and he were confident that the latter could withstand a Howitzer Impact

They don't scale from 8% of Deku, since he is supposed to be slightly below 1.8 tons scaling from Chisaki's durability, at this point I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Being confident about tanking something isn't the same as actually tanking something.

Therefir said:
Why wouldn't Kirishima be 1.28 tons? Both Bakugou and he were confident that the latter could withstand a Howitzer Impact
They don't scale from 8% of Deku, since he is supposed to be slightly below 1.8 tons scaling from Chisaki's durability, at this point I'm not sure what you're talking about.
1.28 isn't far from 1.8

Also, see Bakugou vs Deku, how they do not scale to each other?

It's implied that he did use Howitzer on Kirishima off screen anyway. While we don't see him use his Howitzer, we do see Sato and Bakugou attacking Kirishima.

It's not like Kirishima alone thought he could take it, Bakugou also believed he could as well. Normal Bakugou is 8-C+ and we've seen him attacking Kirishima. Unbreakable Kirishima scales to Bakugou who is 8-C+.

While 8% Izuku scales to being slightly weaker than Mirio. 8% can injure Chisaki who can take hits from Mirio, though it's made clear that 8% is slightly weaker than Mirio.

(Mirio can break Chisaki's arm while 8% Izuku couldn't)

Maybe Izuku should stay 8-C+ while Mirio, Nighteye, and Chisaki become High 8-C. Since Nighteye can one shot Rappa, who can easily break 8-C+ Kirishima's arm.

8% was stated to be stronger than Bakugou and just a graze from 8% badly bruised his arm. Also Bakugou couldn't hit 8% Izuku while he could outpace a 5% Izuku.

Izuku only used 8% for that kick, he went back down to 5%.

@Damage3245 Kirishima's Unbreakable form was virtually immune to attacks that previously damaged his normal hardened form, which is 1.05 tons, so Kirishima being Building level+ and being able to take a Howitzer Impact makes perfect sense to me.

@AidenBrooks999 8% Deku from Chisaki's saga is just stronger, the Deku from Bakugou's fight could not even use 8% on his arms and let alone 20% for a short period of time.

My proposal is this: Rappa's durability should be High 8-C for being able to withstand Fat Gum's special ability "Spear", which in that moment had the combined energy of all Rappa's punches, his attack potency should be "8-C+" for being able to broke Kirishima's Unbreakable form with one punch and for being able to injure Fat Gum with a barrage of punches, this latter could withstand the recoil of his own special ability.

For Sir Nighteye, obviously a High 8-C rating is well deserved for being able to one-shot Rappa, Mirio also get the same rating. Chisaki who can withstand a projectile from Sir Nighteye also scales from him. 8% Deku should probably get just "8-C+" if he is scaling from High 8-C characters, which means that his attack potency would be technically around 1.99 tons. His 20% should be "At least High 8-C" for his statement about being able to one-shot Chisaki with a kick.

Gentle in Lover Mode should be "8-C+" or just baseline High 8-C for being stronger than 8% Deku.

I don't think we should scale Mirio directly to Sir Nighteye tbh.

Also, one-shotting a clone of Rappa is not as impressive as one-shotting the original. Clones break after a certain amount of damage which can vary from a broken arm to just a punch to the head.

Mirio broke Chisaki's arm with a punch, and Sir Nighteye's projectile did exactly the same thing, so they are likely comparable.

If Rappa's durability is normally High 8-C then that shouldn't matter, Sir Nighteye would be still High 8-C.

I think throwing a heavy projectile at high speed would do more damage than a punch. Plus that was on a stronger version of Chisaki which makes it more impressive.

What's the exact context behind clones having less endurance. Was it that they dissipated under more stress than the original? When Nighteye one shots Rappa he doesn't destroy him, he knocks the clone out (or kills him) and there's a crater in his chest.

@Damage3245 It depends? Those projectiles are about as heavy as an arm, and Mirio is supposed to be faster than Sir Nighteye.

Besides, I've made that same argument twice before and you didn't agree, saying that Fusion Chisaki is more powerful only because he had more arms or something like that, so why did you change your mind now?

I just feel like this might lead to some roundabout scaling.

Fat Gum's 'spear' is now High 8-C, which means Fat Gum's durability is High 8-C. Which means Rappa's ordinary punches are now High 8-C for harming him, which means Kirishima's Unbreakable is at High 8-C, etc...

There may be a way to explain that, for example, Rappa can only damage Fat Gum with a barrage of punches, dozens of punches in a short period of time should be able to harm someone of a higher tier, like Fat Gum.

As I explained in previous comments, Kirishima should not scale from Rappa, his skin and muscles were torn apart with a single punch, and he was able to withstand a barrage of punches from Rappa only because he was hardening himself over and over again.

Hmm, it's possible that Fat Gum's punch really was High 8-C but the reason that Rappa and Tengai only took as much damage they did is that some of the punches energy was diminished by the maximum strength barrier that Tengai threw up (of course, the barrier did break meaning they were still hit with the majority of the punch).

I have a question, is it okay to calc the KE of Iida's hypersonic feat?

Afaik you can use KE if the energy of an attack is treated as coming purely from the character's speed.

I think that would be calc stacking.

Unless we use a speed that Iida was directly stated to be travelling at (like when he ran 50 meters in a specific amount of time at the beginning of the series).

Back