• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #6

Though I don't know about this....hopefully Author San knows what's he doing

Hmmm....that would mean that one of the wielders has a strength based quirk which is why....All Might was that strong!

Deku is the first one.

The Quirk needed time / people to grow this strong, and now it has reached the point where the user of One For All can unlock them.

Especially given that Deku will need like, the entire series to manage to use all those quirks in an "OP" way.

Horikoshi has written himself in a dangerous situation, but given that this isn't exactly his first time, I hope he knows what he's doing.

You could just updated Izuku's base speed if it is outdated. A new key is unnecessary.

Also, Izuku's new ability should be Energy Manipulation, not Darkness Manipulation.

I suppose that's fine, but should characters who were faster than Deku scale from this feat? I mean characters like Bakugou or Todoroki.

I don't think so. Unless they directly scale from the current Deku it shouldn't be mentioned.

Damage3245 said:
I don't think so. Unless they directly scale from the current Deku it shouldn't be mentioned.
Pretty sure they are faster than current BASE Deku

Also, why shinso only scale to previous deku?

Anyone take a guess at what Deku's undiscovered 5 Quirks will be?

I for one believe that he is in the midst of becoming who he is supposed to be in the future, Spider-man. That is right he will have

-Black Whips (Discovered)

-Sixth Sense

-Wall Crawling Abilties like the guy from that vigilantes side series

-Teleportation

-Regenerationn/Healing

-Hardening

Now while I'm not disagreeing with you I have a few questions. Why the highlighted ones? And considering his already impressive finger strength Wallcrawling would be a bit redundan, and maybe a little too obvious.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Now while I'm not disagreeing with you I have a few questions. Why the highlighted ones? And considering his already impressive finger strength Wallcrawling would be a bit redundan, and maybe a little too obvious.
Hardening would help with his durability where he lacks either that or get some kind of energy field ability

I think he's going to end up strengthening his mind as well so there are a wide range of psychic abilities that have great potential entering his character, teleporting right on the double to where he is needed is the first thing the #1 hero shoudl have imo

I know some people are rightfully worried about Deku getting 6 quirk.s But I think it will make his fights and journey a hell of a lot more interesting

It really kills the purpose of the series for me. The point was seeing Deku growing from 0 to reach his classmates with a Quirk that he couldn't use but now he will have 7 quirks. That kill what makes his development so great because OFA is a pretty simple quirk and the way to use it is what makes the difference.

This also kills what makes Todoroki special.

I don't think it ruins anything.

He still can't use them effectively right now; and even struggles to activate the one he's unlocked.

His fights will be a lot more interesting in the future, and it'll be exciting to see how he can turn ordinary Quirks into super-charged variants of themselves.

Also, Todoroki is hardly the only person in the series to have a powerful Quirk that has multiple abilities.

You know this site has actually ruined me. The first thought that came to my mind after this reveal was "What if the millionth successor of One For All came from the future and had one million powers".

...anyway, about what this means for the story. I personally don't think it will change things much, my investment was always more on Izuku's emotional growth rather than physical growth. Assuming it doesn't create problems in that area the 6 six quirk are perfectly welcome to me. Doesn't hurt that he won't turn into mini Saitama when he gets matches here as an adult.

"What if the millionth successor of One For All came from the future and had one million powers"

Using a time travel quirk =P

I got a lot of faith in this arc!! I like how it's being set up! A group of guys who aren't really hero's but think they are doing the right thing. Feel like they all gonna have good writing and gonna set up something huge for Deku. I can sense that this arc is gonna be dark as well and mature

I'm surely interested into seeing how it's going to play out. It was a very solid start, so I hope it's going to be a good arc.

Back