• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #11

I'm over here with some questions about some tier placements:

1. We got a 8-B calc for 20% Deku. However, this calc was through only air pressure, so it's likely that Deku's 20% attacks are stronger than this. We've got some new rules in about upsaling to + sign ratings, and well... baseline 8-B+ is 55.5 tons while this air pressure calc was 48.22 tons. That's only a 1.15x increase, so would upscaling 20% Deku to City Block level+ be possible?

2. This one's mainly based on if Point #1 goes through: Overhaul. Yes, I know, his Katsukame fusion form is probably the most ambiguous thing in all of MHA power scaling, but basically, if Point #1 went through, we'd have both 20% Deku and Katsukame-fusion Overhaul at 8-B+, and given that form is supposed to be immensely stronger than his second form, which could already force 20% Deku back (yes, I know Deku was confident he could one-shot Overhaul with a kick to the head), it's very possible that Overhaul's far stronger than this. Now obviously, we don't have a value of how much stronger he could be. My suggestion? At least 8-B, possibly far higher

I do not understand the idea that "At least" tierings in MHA are inconsistent or something like that. I need an explanation on that.

From the Nomus profile the white Nomu (one with wings) is 8-C while the High 8-C one is the blue one unless I'm colored blind which Hawks defeats both types so I think he should be High 8-C.

I mean, Hawks one shotted Twice while using a feather sword swing with his own strength and not his quirk behind it. And killed the white Nomu. And then Endeavor in the last chapter punched a High-End Nomu into the ground

Should Rise of Villain Saga Bakugo also have at least baseline High 8-C striking strength since he had 1.28 tons all the way back in the provisional license exam so I don't think it's that much of a reach to think he got to at least base line High 8-C striking strength. He also kicked 8% Deku in the movie though it didn't seem to hurt him that bad.

I mean Hawks was implied to have killed Best Jeanist with a feather blade, but I'm not sure how that scale to the power of his punches and kicks.

I mean if Hawks did kill BJ (which is very likely now) then he would simply scale that's all but since there's no real definitive proof then we have to scale Hawks to something else.

Striking strength counts for swords and things like that too I think, unless it's explicitly something special about the weapon. Hawks' quirk is 8-A for harming High End, but that was with the force of his telekinetic push stabbing into it. With the Nomu, Twice, Jeanist etc, it was the same quirk but with his own physical strength in the swing

I hope he can already fully jump to Full Cowl 20%, or maybe even show a new percentage.

I also think he's the one who will be facing Gigantomachia, but I don't know why.

I wouldn't mind him being able to use 20% casually and then something like 35% acting as like 20% and then 45% is something like Kaio-ken times 20 where he can literally only use it for 5 seconds until his bones break.

I think his current limit is 15% right now (besides him barely being able to manage 20%)

What about what I said about Deku's Full Cowl 20% though? Would it be elligible to be upscaled to 8-B+?

DragonGamerZ913 said:
What about what I said about Deku's Full Cowl 20% though? Would it be elligible to be upscaled to 8-B+?
From what I read in the thread about the tier+ jumps, Deku's feat needs to be even closer in order to be 8-B+ (1.1x). I'm also not sure about the "mere shockwave" thing in Deku's profile, what caused the tornado was the impact of his kick with Nine's shield, not the air pressure as it was in All Might's storm.

However, Wounded All Might should be able to jump into High 7-A+, his feat is extremely close to it.

Just as a follow up to my previous comment

Due to an editor at shonen jump contracting Covid-19, I believe Shonen Jump will become Bi-weekly as of this moment, not entirely sure about this info, but I believe this is how it will proceed going forward

This sucks, but it's out of our hands

I don't either, but once again, it's out of hands, if the company feels it's safer to do it this way, then that's just the way it'll be

Is this how Hiatus X Hiatus fans feel?

The only good thing that could come out of this is that it could increase the quality of the drawing and pacing of the manga.

Back