• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That statement is so funny on many levels. They hype up fighter jet level speed, but call it supersonic as if that is a fighter jets limit. They think speed of sound is impressive enough to cry over, yet live in a verse where Deku outpaced Jiro’s sound attacks and All Might casually hopped from his office to Tokyo.

It’s like that statement of people being amazed at Spinner breaking concrete lmao

That statement is so funny on many levels. They hype up fighter jet level speed, but call it supersonic as if that is a fighter jets limit. They think speed of sound is impressive enough to cry over, yet live in a verse where Deku outpaced Jiro’s sound attacks and All Might casually hopped from his office to Tokyo.

It’s like that statement of people being amazed at Spinner breaking concrete lmao
Remember Koichi's "You ain't fast enough to outrun a supersonic round" after he just got done kicking number 6's ass. Someone described as supersonic, someone who literally sees bullets in slow motion. Junks crazy

Last edited:
No but srs, I think he should. AFO compared 6's giant form to All Might in terms of strength. AFO also states that Koichi's Knuckle form is too much strength was impossible for a single person to have access to (knowing people like Endeavor exists) and he even states that he wants access to this realm that Koichi is getting this power from. AFO wouldn't be saying this unless that power was something that could actually help him. When talking to Kurogiri he states that random civilians having the potential to get that powerful is a problem (shouldn't be the case if Koichi wasn't close to him in power) and says creating a being (USJ Nomu) that could rival All Might was solely based off of Number 6 (referring to his giant form) which further emphasizes the statement of it being on par with All Might. Can Koichi be upgraded based off of this?

I don't believe so. AFO's statement didn't mean Koichi became some God Tier. He's talking about Koichi only, that power far surpasses what should've been possible for him. The reasoning being is if Koichi, a nobody, got such a massive boost in power, imagine what it'd do to him. That's why he's interested in it.

Of course, he'd never be capable of achieving that. Koichi didn't just surpass Endeavor, who isn't even mentioned in that scene.

Also, AFO never said Number 6 rivaled All Might at all. I have no idea how you're reaching that conclusion.

Maybe you should organize your words a little more, it's kind of hard for me to understand what you've put down.

Last edited:
I don't believe so. AFO's statement didn't mean Koichi became some God Tier. He's talking about Koichi only, that power far surpasses what should've been possible for him. The reasoning being is if Koichi, a nobody, got such a massive boost in power, imagine what it'd do to him. That's why he's interested in it.

Of course, he'd never be capable of achieving that. Koichi didn't just surpass Endeavor, who isn't even mentioned in that scene.

Also, AFO never said Number 6 rivaled All Might at all. I have no idea how you're reaching that conclusion.

Maybe you should organize your words a little more, it's kind of hard for me to understand what you've put down.
I believe it’s the line
“So you’ve chosen to go with brute power like my nemesis” or something along those lines
Comparing fighting styles and the destruction styles focus on raw power rather then an actual 1:1 comparison

While I can see your point, I think it's more than that.
AFO as a character NEVER just compliments people, if he's calling something impressive it's because he truly thinks it is.
"Abnormally powerful output." He doesn't say the output is abnormal for Koichi, he's stating the attack itself is Abnormally powerful, if someone of his caliber is calling an attack "abnormally powerful" then it is that, abnormally powerful.
"Surely far more than can be wrung from a singular individual." He's not saying this power is something Koichi shouldn't be capable of using. He's making a general statement, the output of his attacks is considered far more than one person can do. IMO, he's saying no one person can be this powerful.

But the quirk wasn't just boosting Koichi, he was drawing energy from "something" AFO couldn't "conceive." a "domain beyond the singularity". The output of these attacks were so much that AFO wanted to gain access to this domain. If the attacks weren't anything comparable or helpful to him, he wouldn't have no interest in learning how to access it.

I say Koichi possibly surpassed Endeavor due to AFO considering his output to be too much for a single individual to possess. It's a general statement.
It's not outright stated but implied. He asks 6 how would he reach Koichi (who was hiding in a building), and 6 responds to this by powering up.
Afo then states that "Just like" All Might, he'll smash through it or sum like that.
Sorry.

Just to reiterate some points made, Afo refers to Koichi's attacks as abnormally power, strong, etc on several occasions. Begs number 6 to kill Koichi so he can retrieve his body and learn how to access that power. He even goes so far as to do research on him, once again calling his quirk powerful, and even state "circumstance, experience and sheer force of will... can turn man into superman." AFO literally called him superman.

He even states of everyday people have the same potential as Koichi is a "path to unbridled chaos". If he wasn't relative to the top tiers in power, people on his level wouldn't be considered chaotic to AFO of all people.

And AFO states he came to the conclusion of the USJ Nomu, an entity that can force even the strongest hero onto their knees, from Number 6.

Imagine the anime shows the high end face tanking 1 or more of the missiles

This is how they can make up for the cloud splits

Honestly the only way Koichi or 6 scales to AM or AFO is with the whole "only AM is considered a threat to 6", and this is only for speed

None of that means Koichi scales to Endeavor or whoever, I don't understand your reasoning here. The power AFO is talking about is Koichi's ability to grow exponentially. And AFO considering Koichi strong doesn't mean he's relative to him or Endeavor in the slightest.

He wants access not to Koichi's Quirk, but the power he draws from that turned his mediocre Quirk into something amazing. If AFO can tap into such an ability, he'd become unstoppable. This is what AFO is fascinated about, not that Koichi is now on par with Endeavor or greater.

The only thing he compares to All Might is the Nomu. AFO calling someone a superman means nothing without more information.

The Nomu conclusion has literally nothing to do with Number 6's power. He never states Number 6 = USJ Nomu or anything. Koichi isn't stronger than All Might or something. AFO was led to the idea of the Nomu by Number 6, but we know that the Nomu were modeled after Gigantomachia.

Last edited:
Speed of Light All Might and Mirio? Meaning they're faster than Beginning of Z Goku?

Relativistic+ Endeavor? Faster than Meteoric Burst Boros. (Not his possibly rating)

That's one of the most cursed thing I've ever had to write down.

FTL Izuku and Shigaraki is just plain crazy. Never thought MHA would see the day, even for a moment.

Back