• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yes, although Izuku and Bakugo's feat likely isn't good for anything.

Bakugo's continuous Cluster, Izuku's OFA strength, Gearshift, and the wishing energy is what propelled them at that speed. It's impossible to figure out how much Izuku's strength alone contributed. Also, considering their Class T, there is nothing there that would upgrade them. (They'll likely be Class P due to future revisions I have planned)
Can all Might and Deku, star get lifting strength for punching and clapping away clouds?

Can all Might and Deku, star get lifting strength for punching and clapping away clouds?
No, that's Striking Strength not Lifting Strength.

Pushing, crushing, throwing, and jumping count for Lifting Strength.

But the cloud feats aren't any of that.

Just had a debate with a guy who said that they didn't use nukes on Shigaraki because it goes against Geneva conventions. And he wasn't trolling. I am lost as to should I laugh at the sheer stupidity or cry at it.
I still don't think World War 2 happened in MHA.

I still don't think World War 2 happened in MHA.
Genuinely? Or, "unironically", as adults pretending to be children might say.
We can extrapolate dates and events.
At the earliest, the first recorded appearances of Quirks would have taken place four years into the war.
There is no reason for World War II not to happen.

At the earliest, the first recorded appearances of Quirks would have taken place four years into the war.
Can't forget twice saying Pokémon existed before Quirks appeared

I mean AFOs mom is one of the if not the first instance of a "quirk" or a proto-quirk since it seemed to act more like an infection or std. Which makes sense since she was a prostitute. We know AFO is no older than a 100+ years old. And MHA takes place around 2200 if I remember correctly, so ww2 would have ended long ago probably before quirks first appeared. Or at least before they were recognized because some sorts of proto-quirks were probably floating around unnoticed as diseases waiting to evolve to what we now know as quirks.

I mean AFOs mom is one of the if not the first instance of a "quirk" or a proto-quirk since it seemed to act more like an infection or std. Which makes sense since she was a prostitute. We know AFO is no older than a 100+ years old. And MHA takes place around 2200 if I remember correctly, so ww2 would have ended long ago probably before quirks first appeared. Or at least before they were recognized because some sorts of proto-quirks were probably floating around unnoticed as diseases waiting to evolve to what we now know as quirks.
I'd sat Quirks showed up in 2013 (year AFO and Yoichi were born), 170+ years have passed

So it's 2183+ rn

Can't forget twice saying Pokémon existed before Quirks appeared
Oh, that's interesting.
No, wait, that's stupid, and I hate it.

That means, at minimum, the first appearances of Quirks were in 1996—the year Scream released.
All Might held One For All for forty years, gained the Quirk when he was 17-18 and at a time during when All For One was already over a hundred years old.
At minimum, Quirks appeared 157 years before the main series, meaning the main series takes place during 2153.

Oh, that's interesting.

That means, at minimum, the first appearances of Quirks were in 1996—the year Scream released.
All Might held One For All for forty years, gained the Quirk when he was 17-18 and at a time during when All For One was already over a hundred years old.
At minimum, Quirks appeared 157 years before the main series, meaning the main series takes place during 2153.
I'm pretty sure it takes place in the 2200s so I don't see the problem

Remember quirks showed up randomly in teens and adults, not just new borns
I'm pretty sure it's implied their Mom got it as a disease. Most likely as an std. Or maybe from rats. Since rats are shown a lot in AFOs origin story, and Overhaul's own theory was that quirks are originally a disease that jumped to humans from rats

I'm pretty sure it's implied their Mom got it as a disease. Most likely as an std. Or maybe from rats. Since rats are shown a lot in AFOs origin story, and Overhaul's own theory was that quirks are originally a disease that jumped to humans from rats
While the cause of this phenomenon is unknown, one research group looking into the matter hypothesized that it was caused by the spread of a previously unknown novel disease carried by mice, while others theorized that it was actually a natural evolution of the human race, however, to date, there is no hard evidence to support any of these theories.[3] The aforementioned research group announced to the public that those with Meta Abilities were a subbranch of humanity with new genetic factors.

Given quirked humans have no jont in the Pinkie, it's definitely just evolution

Oh, that's interesting.

Actually all Might gained one for all when he was 15 like deku, he had on that middle school uniform on too when he met Nana

He was 18 when Nana died too

losing the toe joint could be the body evolving TO the disease. So, I personally think it's a mix of both theories, in regard to how it spread and why people took to it so much that it became dominant over not having it.

The crazier part though: why the heck do Quirks contain your soul/separate consciousness. Why is that even a thing.

Btw I like how the origins of quirks is from a disease transmitted to humans and AFO (the quirk) is one of the first ever quirks and it's a lot like a disease. Being able to give quirks to others, similar to transmitting a disease. And AFO being like a parasite taking over Shigaraki. Quirks being parasitic might also explain the fact that quirks seem to deeply affect a person's personality, psychology and even needs. Toga being a great example, but even AFO himself is a great example of this. Having the power to literally take power and he's extremely possessive, greedy and egotistical even before birth (stealing nutrients from Yoichi in the womb)

losing the toe joint could be the body evolving TO the disease. So, I personally think it's a mix of both theories, in regard to how it spread and why people took to it so much that it became dominant over not having it.

The crazier part though: why the heck do Quirks contain your soul/separate consciousness. Why is that even a thing.
This phenomenon is compared to cases of people whose personalities and tastes changed after an organ transplant according to AFO

Not for a few weeks at the earliest.

Other things come first.
FVl8PnUWQAAjpbU.jpg

Ah, then I suppose it must have gone down. I forgot the UN existed in there for a minute.

Also
Tomura is stronger, faster, more durable, and possesses more powerful abilities than him. All For One planned on (essentially) fusing his two vestiges contained in the original and duplicate Quirks to successfully overpower Tomura's will; then, he'd have a vessel that had every single one of his Quirks and far superior stats.

what exactly would it warrant?
It's just a random thought from me. Maybe downscaling AFO from Tomura? The statement implies that only after giving Tomura his copy of AFO (and taking over his body) would he be stronger than himself. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the panel, maybe I'm just coping. Idk.

Back