• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The leaked images look really good. For the first time in many years, I can't wait to see the anime.
artworks-pC7LHU1dPALDeikw-oWaEcA-t500x500.jpg

Saw the episode, Shigaraki's entrance was great the best part of the episode, the animation is decent, pretty short fight didn't expand on it or anything and we already have the ICBM on the way so nuke next episode. New things we did get is that the jets are about Mach 4 at best and we have the fight location relative to Japan. They are about 83 kilometer away from Choshi

Last edited:
Probably less then 1 second
The cloud split is completely different and contradicts the manga's panel. The entire timeframe is actually a bit over 1 second, but it's not usable due to how they changed it. Lots of the clouds get sent flying upward as it spreads instead of downward for some reason. It's completely different from how the manga portrayed it.

She even punched him differently as well.

They also removed the other cloud splits as well when Tomura launched his Air Cannon and from his explosion.

I considered this possibility, so there will likely be no changes.

57Dev

We don't need to spoiler tag new episodes that've released. And that shot of their location isn't usable, it's an anime only scene after all.

The cloud split is completely different and contradicts the manga's panel. The entire timeframe is actually a bit over 1 second, but it's not usable due to how they changed it. Lots of the clouds get sent flying upward as it spreads instead of downward for some reason. It's completely different from how the manga portrayed it.

They also removed the other cloud splits as well when Tomura launched his Air Cannon and from his explosion.

57Dev

We don't need to spoiler tag new episodes that've released. And that shot of their location isn't usable, it's an anime only scene after all.
Yeah as I expected. There's too many differences

What the heck Bones, where are her muscles.

They made it a side shot, it looked better as overhead shot but well I guess this is about what we gonna get.

57Dev

Ah damn, unfortunate

You got any other things cooking? You mentioned his other cloud split with air cannon, the one that starts the fight right?

No cloud split for either the air canon or the blast he uses. The blast specially is underwhelming but air canon has some nice effects work.
I meant on Rusty’s end for calcing, but yeah I’m watching the fight right now, I’m annoyed that FBTTE doesn’t have her muscles.

Also yeah, the “two to three” hours line suggests a top speed of Travelling to Japan from the US in two hours, which would be ~5077 km/h of Mach 4.11 I believe
Anybody here knows how to count frames? Do you'll use an app or something
watchframebyframe is what I assume they use

Damage mentioned above he's going to be making a CRT next week, or somewhere around there.

I'm going to wait until after he's done before trying anything myself, though I doubt there'll be any serious upgrades based on the anime.

Don't want to have multiple things going on that could conflict/relate with each other. Will save myself any headaches as well from trying to balance so much right now.

Damage mentioned above he's going to be making a CRT next week, or somewhere around there.

I'm going to wait until after he's done before trying anything myself, though I doubt there'll be any serious upgrades based on the anime.

Don't want to have multiple things going on that could conflict/relate with each other. Will save myself any headaches as well from trying to balance so much right now.
Thank you, I appreciate that. I'll try to get it up in a timely manner so that nothing else is too-delayed.

I just didn't feel the scale at all, especially with the Giant 1900m tall Star. I know it's hard to show size in the middle of the ocean but that part was seriously underwhelming. So much for a action heavy first episode. Atleast the laser parts were good.
Considering Star's fate and how they were advertising her, I'm not surprised they didn't go 100%.

Felt like people were hyping themselves up a bit too much, which is why I stood mostly quiet.

But yeah the scale of everything was off compared to what it was suppose to be. Horikoshi's cloud splits really gave a sense of how big certain attacks were. Not only that but Star's giant was smaller overall in comparison to the other's. Likely done so they can remain visible next to the giant, but it felt far weaker than in the manga.

The censoring of how much damage Tomura and the Nomu took didn't help either. The Fist Bump to the Earth didn't feel like an imposing force in the slightest.

I also noticed they took out the damage his eyes got from the vacuum and just made it be lines that appear when he got "intense" or whatever.

My most looking forward to moment of the arc is still Endeavor vs AFO. I'm not certain if we'll get AFO vs Iron Might.

Endeavor's fights have all been very well animated, though I wonder how they're going to handle him losing his arm.

Although, they better not screw up the impacts of Izuku vs Tomura like last time. Seriously, these are some of the heaviest feeling smashes Izuku's used.

Considering Star's fate and how they were advertising her, I'm not surprised they didn't go 100%. Felt like people were hyping themselves up a bit too much, which is why I stood mostly quiet.
I wasn't expecting Sakuga or anything but could have expanded a bit, maybe a shot from sea level to show how big the giant is.
But yeah the scale of everything was off compared to what it was suppose to be. Horikoshi's cloud splits really gave a sense of how big certain attacks were. Not only that but Star's giant was smaller overall in comparison to the other's. Likely done so they can remain visible next to the giant, but it felt far weaker than in the manga.
Exactly, it didn't have the, how do I put it.. Oomph to it. The angle didn't help either since we don't even get to see altitude difference for the scale and the sound design also needs more Bass to it. Maybe I should try a 3D version, if my PC doesn't explode.
The censoring of how much damage Tomura and the Nomu took didn't help either. The Fist Bump to the Earth didn't feel like an imposing force in the slightest.
Yep my worst fear came true, if they are censoring this, then no way in hell are we getting that mangled exploded post nuke Shigaraki in all it's ugly bleeding and charred glory.

Not to mention Gore and blood is just going to get higher and higher now with All Might, AFO and Mirko. S6 wasn't that bad, at least Mirko's injuries were gross enough to make people flinch. Lets hope they don't 4kids this.
I also noticed they took out the damage his eyes got from the vacuum and just made it be lines that appear when he got "intense" or whatever.
He snorted booger sugar.

If we get three chapters per episode for all 25, Season 7 would end at Chapter 404.

Not certain how Bakugo saving All Might would work as an ending for a Season. Due to the fact some chapters are seriously short we can easily get more than 3 chapters per episode. This all depends on how the anime team wants to pace out this Season.

As mentioned, the ending shows off Mount Fuji. Which isn't a shot in the manga until chapter 410, which is weird to see it now since there will be another OP/ED.

Considering the shot of Bakugo in the OP, we're without a doubt getting his "death" in the first half. I have literally no idea where this Season could end.

Don't expect too much from Bones lest you end up disappointed just like with season 6. Anyway, the episode was as expected from Bones usual quality.

I can't really tell which will be the priority episodes this season. I'm guessing Endeavor vs AFO given past precedent.

From the little we have seen of Shoto vs Dabi, it will probably be average.

The floating UA fight is also too long to have consistent Sakuga but hopefully Deku vs shigAfO finally gets the Sakuga treatment this season.

Don't expect too much from Bones lest you end up disappointed just like with season 6. Anyway, the episode was as expected from Bones usual quality.
Ahh how long has it been since when MHA used to get nominated and sometimes even win best animation of the year. I hope they make the finale a 1 hour special like just pour the entire year into 2 fights, movie level quality.

It has some nice moments, The fist bump to earth forming from air, the clap has a few solid impact frames even though the angel was shit and by far the best shot was the laser displacing the sea water. And Shigaraki's entrance (ost slaps)

Do you guys think Oppenheimer Punch will have some extended animation ? Well I am 100% sure that we will have impact frames and they will animate the water being splashed away.

But worried about clouds. Maybe we even get some steam animation. Also we got a shot of the explosion in preview. I already gave the distance of 83km. If anyone wants they can do the plasma ball calc for it even though it's anime only.

I'm fine with certain episodes and scenes looking okay if it means we get certain episodes and fights with unbelievable animation.

Back