• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

To be honest I've never even been to the Tiktok website period. The closest I've seen of it is in Youtube videos.

Is it truly that bad? I didn't think power scaling existed there.

Rewind only affect living things right? So if somehow AFO got his head instantly blown up by one attack would Rewind stop?

Rewind only affect living things right? So if somehow AFO got his head instantly blown up by one attack would Rewind stop?
AFO's brain was so charred by Endeavor's attack that even Super Regeneration wouldn't be able to heal him. And Super Regen can heal some brain damage.

Rewind is already in affect, so I personally think it's impossible to kill him via physical attacks. Beyond speeding up his rewind time I mean.

To be honest I've never even been to the Tiktok website period. The closest I've seen of it is in Youtube videos.

Is it truly that bad? I didn't think power scaling existed there.
Honestly, the worst power scaling you will ever see. I've seen High 6-A and Low 5-B Deku scales and mftl+ for top tiers. Also, City level season 2 UA students. On the contrary, they downplay to absurd levels, I've seen users saying Deku ain't even sound speed or his max speed is supersonic at best.

Other verses get the same treatment, it's either extreme wank or mega downplay, there is no in between.

TikTok ain't that bad for other uses, but I wouldn't use it for power scaling.

Also, AFO needs Low-Godly regen just saying.

AFO's brain was so charred by Endeavor's attack that even Super Regeneration wouldn't be able to heal him. And Super Regen can heal some brain damage.

Rewind is already in affect, so I personally think it's impossible to kill him via physical attacks. Beyond speeding up his rewind time I mean.
The way it looks, if AFO was put in a VS battle, which seems likely now that we've seen so many of his Quirks and gets a new key, physical attacks wouldn't do the trick. I think his body would have to be completely vaporized by an attack for AFO to be killed. Otherwise, they'd have to wait until AFO is permanently wound out of existence.

speaking of this, after all did afo have the same type of regeneration as the nomus or not?

I remember that in some translations a while ago they mentioned "his regeneration can't keep up" in his fight with endeavor but then some directly said "He has no hyper regeneration"

speaking of this, after all did afo have the same type of regeneration as the nomus or not?

I remember that in some translations a while ago they mentioned "his regeneration can't keep up" in his fight with endeavor but then some directly said "He has no hyper regeneration"
No, they confirmed that he doesn't have hyper regen.

Well going by the official translation, AFO's rewinding does get faster the more he's damaged. So getting decayed would not be good for him.

Also AFO basically confirms Dark Shadow was the strongest person there. Since he wanted to take Dark Shadow for pushing him to such lengths.

Him calling it a blast of light doesn't make it's light speed on this wiki. Ignoring if that attack is the same one he used against Machia, which curves like hell. It also curves and bends when he uses it against Dark Shadow, and personally looks more like a lightning bolt than a laser. Though it's not lightning speed either.

He doesn't say it moves at light speed or anything. If we don't accept the jet lasers or Aoyama's lasers as light speed, why would you think this would be?
Huh? It Destroys dark shadow who’s weakness is light, It doesn’t curve, I’m guessin it’s just drawn that way because as AFO said it was a catastrophic light blast and also what you think it looks like ≠ What it actually is. It’s stated to be a AFO Its a beam of light. Enough downplaying bro and Why would the jet lasers not be light speed? They’re from America one of the 3 greatest superpowers in the world IRL. Its already confirmed we have real life laser defense systems and guns that shoot at light speeds so it isn’t a stretch not even close and we’re in the endgame so all of these feats pertaining to light beams and lasers we’ve been getting so far help the case look that much better imo.

It causing bright lights is enough to screw up Dark Shadow. Case in point, Bakugo's attacks can weaken DS, even though they aren't literal light
I think it’s more of portrayal here. “The more I can draw on my quirk’s latent potential. For instance a cataclysmic blast of light.”
It seems to me the quirk itself is being described as a blast of light and not a quirk which produces light as a consequence of its properties.

It causing bright lights is enough to screw up Dark Shadow. Case in point, Bakugo's attacks can weaken DS, even though they aren't literal light
Ik they aren’t literal light. Bakugou is a explosion, Todoroki is fire, they both produce light but aren’t literal light. I didn’t bring them up because of those facts, it’s not a good anti feat for AFO who’s beam is stated to be literal light beam.

They have no basis to scaling to this attack tho
True but aren’t current AFO, Current Shigaraki and Deku all on the same level at this point? Nobody other than Deku can truly harm Shigaraki and or contend with him and since current Shigaraki is stated to be at prime AM level it’s clear that whatever afo may have Shigaraki should be capable of handling or contending with. Same as deku

I think it’s more of portrayal here. “The more I can draw on my quirk’s latent potential. For instance a cataclysmic blast of light.”
It seems to me the quirk itself is being described as a blast of light and not a quirk which produces light as a consequence of its properties.
That's not enough for light speed. Which is the actual issue being discussed here. Also you can call something a blast of light without actually being light. I don't see how it's impossible for such a thing to not be literal when it visually acts nothing like light. Breaks our rules about light bending by itself.

We also don't have the original Japanese or the intention here.

Emerald

It doesn't matter if no one scales, that thing isn't light speed.

KashinKojiiiiii

I'm telling you this right now. Just stop it. It will not be accepted as light speed and you're wasting your time in trying to say otherwise.

You're free to believe it's light speed, your own opinion is whatever you believe. But don't expect us to put that on the profiles. I suggest dropping this. Please

That's not enough for light speed. Which is the actual issue being discussed here. Also you can call something a blast of light without actually being light. I don't see how it's impossible for such a thing to not be literal when it visually acts nothing like light. Breaks our rules about light bending by itself.

We also don't have the original Japanese or the intention here.

Emerald

It doesn't matter if no one scales, that thing isn't light speed.

KashinKojiiiiii

I'm telling you this right now. Just stop it. It will not be accepted as light speed and you're wasting your time in trying to say otherwise.

You're free to believe it's light speed, your own opinion is whatever you believe. But don't expect us to put that on the profiles. I suggest dropping this. Please
You’re saying It isn’t impossible for it to be that. I’ll agree to that but you’d first have to prove that it jus produces light and isn’t a actual light beam. The guidelines you’re referring to aren’t broken since you want to give takes on the beam I’ll give takes on why it doesn’t break guidelines, as I said b4 it only looks like it’s bending becuz it’s drawn that way to showcase destruction and how catastrophic it is stated by afo itself which makes the most sense. I also want a reason for why the US jet lasers aren’t seen as LS? I gave my reasoning which is easily backed by a simple google search

I never said its light speed, I’m saying there’s no problem with it being light.

Its probably best to give up on Lightspeed MHA and I honestly don't mind it. Cause who really buys it. I honestly don't buy half the verses scaled at Lightspeed (OP, Naruto, BC, etc) cause of the endless amount of anti-feats.

I would rather MHA just stayed at it's current speed rating. The comparisons we have gotten so far in-universe (sound, bullets, planes and jets) put MHA in the supersonic/hypersonic range. Which I think is fine (that's where most verses are anyway despite all the Lightspeed claims).

And despite all the lightning/electrical and light powers in the series, Horikoshi has never actually used terms like lightning speed or Lightspeed. Considering the way authors usually throw around Lightspeed like candy, I feel if Hori intended it, he could just outright write it.

His Dura is a bit wobbly due to how BADLY hurt he is by Mt Lady & gang, i'd even say he seems more durable in his Weakened state
Probably Hori wanting to showcase different abilities. Against All Might, AFO mostly used physical quirks and fought like a brawler, against the Endeavor team, he used some elemental quirks (flame fan, wind blades), a black goo quirk, a transformation quirk transforming his hands/fingers, flesh drone quirk, a barrier, etc.

In his Prime form, he grew the bone wings and mostly spammed the black lightning plus a bunch of other random blasts. Now this chapter he still used a form of flexible rivet stab, some laser cutter, and the blast of light.

The only common quirks that he seems to keep using in these battles is Rivet Stab and Air Canon.

But for example he didn't use Impact Recoil which is a great defensive quirk. Against Endeavor he gave the excuse that it worked on physical attacks and Endeavor's were heat-based attacks, but he didn't use it against the physical fighters here. He didn't use stuff like spring-like limbs and there's no mention of any other physical quirks being used while in Kamino we got a whole list of physical enhancement quirks that AFO stacked.

Why the **** you would use the verses with the most solid ftl ratings ever as a exemple
I don't care about "solid ratings" in my day to day life. These manga and shows were my childhood. I have been watching and reading One Piece for close to 20 years now so yeah, I know how fast Luffy is in-universe.

Let's not even mention Naruto.

I don't care about "solid ratings" in my day to day life. These manga and shows were my childhood. I have been watching and reading One Piece for close to 20 years now so yeah, I know how fast Luffy is in-universe.
"Hi, I'm Luffy. Oh, is that light? I couldn't tell, that shit slow af lmao." -Luffy, 2018
Let's not even mention Naruto.
Naruto when he dodges light in base form no diff:

Back