• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also how is Dark Shadow that massive? In the laser scan he is straight up towering over mountains, he has to be at least over a kilometer tall

It's probably just perspective, they might be mountains but they are farther away. While DS is bigger than Machia, it doesn't seem to be by much.
The closest mountain on the left side seems to be in front of Dark Shadow so I’m not sure it’s perspective. Could be like Therefir said though, where the mountains aren’t as big as normal mountains

Use spoilers people.

Basically the same place we left off, everyone beating down on AFO. Maybe burying him in the ground where they can't even see him wasn't a good idea. His weird mouth tendril things he was using before rises up out of the ground and eats a chunk off of Mount Lady. Can't tell how bad the damage is, but there is a lot of blood.

Also Rule and Emily are really good support for Mount Lady in battle. With a gap in their attacks he can now attack Machia with some kind of energy/lightning attack. Can't tell the damage but it looks like it sliced into his body. AFO seems to have no interest in taking Machia's Quirks, just trying to kill him.

Interesting to note that AFO seems to be gaining some kind of emotion the younger he is. With a possible influence from his connection to Shigaraki. Able to take out Dark Shadow with a bright attack that pierces through him. Hawks does protect him with his body but Tokoyami is knocked out from it.

The Quirk AFO used just burst his arm off, but since he's rewinding it doesn't matter. He doesn't need to worry about consequences at this point. AFO takes Hawks' Quirks and wanted to take Dark Shadow. Kind of confirms that DS is stronger than Machia, since he didn't care for Machia's power but wanted Dark Shadow.

Though it should've been obvious when DS was the only one who overpowered AFO and he gets through DS by exploiting his weakness to bright light. But we do get full confirmation that AFO's Quirks are unaffected by the rewind, once again it was really obvious that this was just the bullet/drug's effect being switched.

Mineta has a small moment of talking to AFO, who basically realizes that stopping to talk to these "extras" is making him lose time. Took him long enough, but it seems like wasting time to talk or steal other people's power is a waste of time. So he just flies off to Shigaraki's direction and leaves the Quirkless Hawks.

We get some of the citizens in the shelters watching the news, the traitors on the inside, and a nice moment with Death Arms that's a call back to the anime's scene of him. However AFO hasn't won yet and the heroes haven't given up. If you think Horikoshi places things this straight forward, yeah this isn't how this ends.

Last shot is in Kamino, confirming that Shoto and Iida were left behind there. Stain is there as well, he appears to have been watching the battle. A confrontation between those he fought in Hosu, Iida especially since he declared him a fake. Curious to see how that goes down.

Also curious about Endeavor and Dabi, we literally got nothing on them even in the battle overview. I have no idea how Shoto can get to where Dabi is right now. The paneling is kind of making it seem like they're get in AFO's way next. But they'll have to get pass where Izuku and Shiggy are fighting.

I have no idea how this is all going to go down. But the story is still firing off strong for me. Excellent chapter that shows off everyone's determination and power. Just pray that Horikoshi does understand to keep himself in good health and our worries are for nothing. That may be a senseless prayer, but it's all I can do.

Just saw that now but Hawks' Dura does not scale above Full Power Dark Shadow, who overpowered AFO. AFO is using Dark Shadow's weakness to light against him. The explosion from last time and this attack are both bright flashes of light. He never takes out DS with pure force, always by exploiting his weakness to light.

Hawks was left a bloody mess from AFO running into him, and he used his sword to protect himself as well. AFO wasn't even attacking. An at most rating at best but Unknown is more likely. Clearly not just 8-B but I doubt he's comparable to them.

Just saw that now but Hawks' Dura does not scale above Full Power Dark Shadow, who overpowered AFO. AFO is using Dark Shadow's weakness to light against him. The explosion from last time and this attack are both bright flashes of light. He never takes out DS with pure force, always by exploiting his weakness to light.

Hawks was left a bloody mess from AFO running into him, and he used his sword to protect himself as well. AFO wasn't even attacking. An at most rating at best but Unknown is more likely. Clearly not just 8-B but I doubt he's comparable to them.
idk, this attack doesn’t appear to be particularly light and in almost showing of DS being hit by light he just shrinks. This attack looks like it just obliterated it.

idk, this attack doesn’t appear to be particularly light and in almost showing of DS being hit by light he just shrinks. This attack looks like it just obliterated it.
AFO literally calls it a beam of light and is visually a bright beam. Though the official translation could be different, I doubt the light part will disappear.

Not saying the beam is light, but it clearly produce a large amount of light. DS is massively weak to light. The attack does posses force I never said it didn't. I don't get your point here. The attack weakened Dark Shadow enough that it could destroy him. Just like the explosion, it was a bright flash along with the force.

My issue is that Hawks was left a bleeding mess from AFO's shield running into him, wasn't even an attack and Hawks "blocked" it with his sword. This was a directed energy attack at full power that destroyed AFO's own arm from the sheer power of it. I doubt Hawks is more durable than Dark Shadow. That's my issue.

AFO literally calls it a beam of light and is visually a bright beam. Though the official translation could be different, I doubt the light part will disappear.

Not saying the beam is light, but it clearly produce a large amount of light. DS is massively weak to light. The attack does posses force I never said it didn't. I don't get your point here. The attack weakened Dark Shadow enough that it could destroy him. Just like the explosion, it was a bright flash along with the force.

My issue is that Hawks was left a bleeding mess from AFO's shield running into him, wasn't even an attack and Hawks "blocked" it with his sword. This was a directed energy attack at full power that destroyed AFO's own arm from the sheer power of it. I doubt Hawks is more durable than Dark Shadow. That's my issue.
Hawks is obviously not more durable than Dark Shadow. Don't take people's rambling here too seriously.

100% if Hawks and Tokoyami were hit by that beam head on without Dark Shadow as the first barrier, they would be dust.

Dark Shadow seems to the strongest of the three giants there, yeah I'd put him above Machia based on what I've seen. Like I said, considering AFO could physically hold back Weakened AM but not DS. Yeah AM was holding back, but he could still match attacks that could harm him like the Air Cannon combo.

Considering AFO's Quirks, I wouldn't put Dark Shadow at Prime All Might level. Since I'm certain AFO has always been inferior to All Might physically, Prime or Weakened. DS is probably the strongest hero that's not Izuku, though Bakugo might wake up and surpass that. Or he'll stay unconscious till the end of the battle.

Regardless full power Dark Shadow is scaling to that same tier though. 7-A/High 6-C, there is no doubt about that.

Dark Shadow seems to the strongest of the three giants there, yeah I'd put him above Machia based on what I've seen. Like I said, considering AFO could physically hold back Weakened AM but not DS. Yeah AM was holding back, but he could still match attacks that could harm him like the Air Cannon combo.

Considering AFO's Quirks, I wouldn't put Dark Shadow at Prime All Might level. Since I'm certain AFO has always been inferior to All Might physically, Prime or Weakened. DS is probably the strongest hero that's not Izuku, though Bakugo might wake up and surpass that. Or he'll stay unconscious till the end of the battle.

Regardless full power Dark Shadow is scaling to that same tier though. 7-A/High 6-C, there is no doubt about that.
Think DS's sheer size might also be a factor as for why AFO can't physically hold him back. LS feat for DS perhaps.
DS Baldr is definitively All Might tier.

I'm genuinely curious, but are people actually getting bored of the current arc? Why? I'm glad Horikoshi isn't rushing things like crazy. Give it time lol
Hori taking his time building up the heroes vs AFO was definitely worth it to me.

This chapter wouldn't have been as good if, for example, AFO had mopped the floor with the heroes several chapters ago.

If the laser is actually called “a beam of light”, we can use it to calculate Hawks reaction speed for protecting Tokoyami from it

Hori taking his time building up the heroes vs AFO was definitely worth it to me.

This chapter wouldn't have been as good if, for example, AFO had mopped the floor with the heroes several chapters ago.
I agree. Bakugo been slump for a minute so I know his return is going to be satisfying as Hell. Im curious if Horikoshi will do Deku vs All for One and Bakugo vs shigaraki because Deku is about to get jumped

I agree. Bakugo been slump for a minute so I know his return is going to be satisfying as Hell. Im curious if Horikoshi will do Deku vs All for One and Bakugo vs shigaraki because Deku is about to get jumped
Shigaraki would help Deku jump All For One before he helps All For One against Deku. At best it becomes a free for all that Bakugo can break up, which is what I imagine will happen.

Shigaraki isn't helping AFO and it'd be annoying/disappointing if AFO just took full control of Shiggy after he just came back.

If AFO gets to the battlefield, there is no doubt in my mind that Shiggy is going to want to kill him first. Heck Shiggy might help Izuku fight AFO just to get rid of him. AFO's going to be in for a rude awakening if he thinks getting to Shiggy is a good idea. He's going to find out real quick that he's already lost control of this situation.

Shigaraki isn't helping AFO and it'd be annoying/disappointing if AFO just took full control of Shiggy after he just came back.

If AFO gets to the battlefield, there is no doubt in my mind that Shiggy is going to want to kill him first. Heck Shiggy might help Izuku fight AFO just to get rid of him. AFO's going to be in for a rude awakening if he thinks getting to Shiggy is a good idea. He's going to find out real quick that he's already lost control of this situation.
This.

We have to remember: AFO has no idea that Shigaraki has broken free. He doesn’t know about Tenko having taken back control completely, as the AFO vestige was totally consumed before it could get back to him. It NEEDED to get back to AFO, to make Tenko submit and destroy him, which is why it freaked out and needed Kurogiri’s help. They have lost control of the situation in a way they did not anticipate.

AFO is heading to a battlefield where the two people that have the most capability to resist him are.

While having a weakened version of his own Quirk.

I will be shocked if Shigaraki and Deku don’t instantly rush and kick his ass the second he pops up. Shigaraki definitely is going to talk shit to him just like he did the vestige.

Watch AFO destroy Shigaraki if they fight, mark my words
Shigaraki likely has all of AFO’s quirks except a few + a more powerful, ever evolving body.

If he doesn’t have some 100000 IQ giga brain set up thing that can help him transfer into Shigaraki and take control of his body, AFO is getting sent to a retirement home the second Tenko sees him.

And that’s ignoring that Deku is gonna be there, and he WILL intervene in whatever plan AFO has in order to save Shigaraki.

I'm genuinely curious, but are people actually getting bored of the current arc? Why? I'm glad Horikoshi isn't rushing things like crazy. Give it time lol
Besides the frequent breaks and the length and stacked content of the arc, the people who are disinterested in the current arc probably have been losing interest since the beginning of the Final Act Saga.

Besides the frequent breaks and the length and stacked content of the arc, the people who are disinterested in the current arc probably have been losing interest since the beginning of the Final Act Saga.
The anime and future rereads once the manga is over will be important.

The gap between chapters can sometimes make things feel really slow. A slow chapter where not much happens is going to hit harder, especially if we just came back from a break. But a reread of the series without any stops or the anime's retelling can sometimes help see it in another light.

Shigaraki likely has all of AFO’s quirks except a few + a more powerful, ever evolving body.

If he doesn’t have some 100000 IQ giga brain set up thing that can help him transfer into Shigaraki and take control of his body, AFO is getting sent to a retirement home the second Tenko sees him.

And that’s ignoring that Deku is gonna be there, and he WILL intervene in whatever plan AFO has in order to save Shigaraki.
We honestly can't guess which and what quirks are shared between them. But even if he has the same exact quirks, it might be like war arc again where AFO is still vastly skilled at using multiple quirks when compared to Shigaraki.

We honestly can't guess which and what quirks are shared between them. But even if he has the same exact quirks, it might be like war arc again where AFO is still vastly skilled at using multiple quirks when compared to Shigaraki.
But does he have Decay tho

But does he have Decay tho
Decay is not as threatening to some characters. Decay didn't help Shiggy against Deku in the last war.

Plus AFO has Rewind actively working on his body now so Shigaraki's Decay would need to completely counteract Rewind to grant him a win.

Decay is not as threatening to some characters. Decay didn't help Shiggy against Deku in the last war.

Plus AFO has Rewind actively working on his body now so Shigaraki's Decay would need to completely counteract Rewind to grant him a win.
Blast.

Need assistance: throw me every valid mountain level calc regarding All Might and Deku we got.

Some dumbo on Reddit, who frequently lies about very popular fights (he keeps saying Deep Sea King from OPM took zero damage from Genos, and claims Genos is mountain level despite no feats on that level) and won’t accept me just giving him the scenes from Two Heroes and Heroes Rising.

this is about a Deep Sea King vs All Might thread.

Need assistance: throw me every valid mountain level calc regarding All Might and Deku we got.

Some dumbo on Reddit, who frequently lies about very popular fights (he keeps saying Deep Sea King from OPM took zero damage from Genos, and claims Genos is mountain level despite no feats on that level) and won’t accept me just giving him the scenes from Two Heroes and Heroes Rising.

this is about a Deep Sea King vs All Might thread.
This works?
Scale to All Might and Deku

Back