• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

There's so much cool **** going on in this chapter. Dabi and his quirk are seemingly getting more attention and development. And he's healed a ton from his prior damages. Something crazy is going on, and I think it's linked to the concept of supernovas and the Phoenix theory. He was about to crumble to dust from his own flames, but now he's looking better, yet is supposedly about to explode and everything in a 5km radius, even underground shelters could be destroyed.

And back to All Might. It's kinda surprising that we haven't seen more heroes, villains, or "wannabees" rely more on tech in MHA. Their technology is hyper-advanced, and they have nanotech comparable to Iron Man from IW, and so on. We've seen some of Hatsume, Detnerat, and Tensei Ida's suits, and it's all super impressive.
I'm guessing the retired playboy billionaire All Might is going full Tony Stark for this one.

Can't remember the last time I was this hyped for MHA chapters (probably more than 2 years ago).
Let's go!

Last edited:
It's actually stated, that as long as Mirio is aware of the Gun, it's useless trying to shoot him.
His movement relative to the bullet that tagged him wasn't that impressive, but that's not surprising since all he had to do was protect Eri.
Mirio is at his fastest when he's allowed to use his quirk to repel himself and dash through matter.
This isn't really a sufficient justification that Mirio is faster than or even relative to the speed of the gun's bullet. We've seen him simply use his Quirk to avoid getting shot.

Well, like most MHA characters, Mirio does have a pretty low travel speed (without Permeation) in contrast to his combat speed that scales to whatever he's fighting at a given point in time.

This isn't really a sufficient justification that Mirio is faster than or even relative to the speed of the gun's bullet. We've seen him simply use his Quirk to avoid getting shot.

Well, like most MHA characters, Mirio does have a pretty low travel speed (without Permeation) in contrast to his combat speed that scales to whatever he's fighting at a given point in time.
Sure, but they are saying that if Mirio is aware of someone holding a gun, shooting him isn't going to do anything. While I agree that someone reacting to bullets without prior knowledge is more impressive, this is still noteworthy.

And yeah, from every single depiction of Mirio, he's not particularly fast without using his quirk. But with it, he's really damn fast.

I think Horikoshi made a couple of mistakes with this, as characters were technically fast enough to deal with bullets, but the quirk erasing bullets needed some weight.

Sure, but they are saying that if Mirio is aware of someone holding a gun, shooting him isn't going to do anything. While I agree that someone reacting to bullets without prior knowledge is more impressive, this is still noteworthy.

And yeah, from every single depiction of Mirio, he's not particularly fast without using his quirk. But with it, he's really damn fast.

I think Horikoshi made a couple of mistakes with this, as characters were technically fast enough to deal with bullets, but the quirk erasing bullets needed some weight.
mirio was always strange to me. Somehow after having his body reverted to an inferior state his speed increased several times over, according to his profile.

It looks like nighteye prediction about all might finally dying would be coming through any time now. And the reasons why nighteye didn't know who will kill all might would be because Afo looks different from his potato head in suit.

It looks like nighteye prediction about all might finally dying would be coming through any time now. And the reasons why nighteye didn't know who will kill all might would be because Afo looks different from his potato head in suit.
Yep, I always thought if it was Shigaraki, Nighteye would have mentioned it but if it's AFO who not only lost his injuries but Rewinded to late teens, Nighteye would not recognize him.

We're back before the Golden Week break, and what a chapter to leave off on. Not too much happens but it's all very impactful and extremely well done. There are some statements here that I'll need to see the official translation before commenting on.

Dabi's explosion will likely have to be put out by Shoto's Phosphor, that's quite literally what he made it for. It's an impressively sized explosion of heat that'd even reach the U.A. Evacuation Blocks underground. Also the fact that the Todoroki family is there and they're going to the surface as well. We may have a family reunion.

All Might's speech to Iida and Shoto is great, and glad to see Iida is still fulfilling his role. Then there is Stain, who can somehow hear them I guess? Though where Stain is going is interesting. Will he follow Iida and Shoto, or will he go to where somewhere else? I think I know where he's going to go, though I can be wrong here.

The chapter title and that ending is so perfect. I hate myself for not having Iron Might in the bingo card, since that was such a popular theory. But All Might is here and he's ready to stand in AFO's way. And due to Shigaraki's hatred flowing into him, he can't ignore the person Shigaraki hates most in this world.

This is literally the perfect time to have flashbacks to their "final battle" six years ago. This is going to be great I have no doubt, though I think just like Izuku vs Shigaraki there is going to be an upset in this fight. We all expect Bakugo to get up and assist Izuku in some way and I believe All Might will get assistance as well.

Will All Might die here? If he does there is no way AFO makes it to the battlefield in any useful condition. You can't kill off All Might just like that, either he takes AFO with him or AFO is too young to go through with his plan. There is the possibility of changing fate and All Might not dying to AFO. Horikoshi can do whatever he wants here. Literally no one should complain about All Might living, as long as it isn't stupidly done or something.

Also whatever All Might has to fight is interesting, he's has these things for awhile but it seems like Tsukauchi doesn't know about them?

Excellent chapter, even though these are just scans I can confidently say the art here is incredible. Can't wait to see the officials in all their glory.

I'm pretty sure we aren't allow to link to sites like that. The forum has no copy protection or something, best to avoid getting in trouble by linking to leaks.

Linking some pictures in Imgur or whatever is fine I think? But piracy sites aren't. I don't fully know, but I think it'd be best not to.

And funnily enough, the chapter states that Dabi can convert his thermal energy of his fire into an actual explosion, meaning that he actually scales to the potency of his fire attacks

Meaning that the Todoroki’s can scale to the cloud feat

And funnily enough, the chapter states that Dabi can convert his thermal energy of his fire into an actual explosion, meaning that he actually scales to the potency of his fire attacks

Meaning that the Todoroki’s can scale to the cloud feat
You have no idea what I was preparing to write to explain everything I know is wrong about what you just said. But I'm going to contain myself, I don't need the head pain. Instead I'll go after this in another manner that is simpler to explain and won't annoy me.

Those attacks were not happening at the same time. Endeavor's fight with AFO didn't kick into high gear until after Shoto took out Dabi at first. Actually Shoto wasn't even producing heat, he was using Phosphor to cool down Dabi's flames. Regardless you would need to divide the results by the time to find out how much power they can unleash in a second. This is also completely ignoring the fact that they made an existing storm bigger.

Which cannot be calculated unless you can find the total energy of the tropical low-pressure system that already exist and remove it from the equation.

This doesn't scale to his regular attacks though since he's compressing his energy over a timeframe of several minutes.
Does that mean that Shoto still scales to the 7-C feat that he performed in order to melt his Heaven Piercing Ice Wall? It was done with thermal energy, but this chapter kinda shows that they can use the energy as an attack

Wrong, states that Dabi’s thermal energy will essentially be converted into an explosion when it escapes his body

However it won’t scale to anyone because it’s an overtime feat and it’s a self-destruction
If he ends up with the best attack in the series, I am going to laugh so hard.

MHA is straight peak nowadays

Although I feel thematically it would have been better if the side characters ultimately took down AFO... Although technically they have... Endeavor beat AFO... The side characters beat AFO... The stupid regen is just keeping him going better than everyone else. I still think it would be fitting for Bakugo to defeat him ultimately once and for all. I want Deku vs Shigaraki to remain a 1v1 and I fear Horikoshi will have Bakugo get in the way of that

Back