• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

According to Horikoshi's sketch on Twitter, Mahoro's illusions can even affect people since she even uses it to mind control Bakugo.

It depends. Off site scaling, I can get Tomura to FTL so he would blitz many characters on that tier, but even with on site scaling, his regen is a big factor
As cool as his regeneration is, it's not invincible. It can help him with characters who can one-shot him, but only to some extent. Any character in tier 5 could vaporize him and High Mid regen isn't saving him from that(Tomura even mentions in this chapter that you would need to vaporize him in order to kill him.

Also, another minor thing to bring up, should Shigaraki's new form still have the "Multiple Selves" ability? From what I understand, their consciousnesses have more or less merged which means there's only one entity in the body right now, not two separate beings. This is relevant, because in cases of mind control stronger than Shigaraki's resistance he can't just switch minds.

Maybe, we need to see if they've fully merged or not.

It's possible they're still at only 98 or 99%, we should wait until we have full confirmation. Which will likely come in the next chapter, hopefully.

My Headache Academia
charlie-day.gif

Hey is anyone else just really annoyed at the MHA fandom right now?

We get one of the most visually stunning, strategic, and character-centric fights in the story, and the fandom can't get over itself and is just thinking Shigaraki is too overpowered now.

I get people have trauma from some older shonen, but can we just enjoy the story. This is not the first time people have thought a character was too overpowered and been proven wrong in the story. If he ends up being overpowered, then complain then, but right now just enjoy the fight.

We get one of the most visually stunning, strategic, and character-centric fights in the story, and the fandom can't get over itself and is just thinking Shigaraki is too overpowered now.

I get people have trauma from some older shonen, but can we just enjoy the story. This is not the first time people have thought a character was too overpowered and been proven wrong in the story. If he ends up being overpowered, then complain then, but right now just enjoy the fight.
That's just how MHA fandom is

On tiktok everyone is saying Shiggy has plot armor, when it literally explains how he won the fight

They're afraid that if Tomura gets New Order, then there'll be nothing the Heroes can do to stop him without resorting to malarkey.

Honestly it really annoys me. Especially when people say stuff like "Horikoshi wrote himself into a corner" "Shigaraki has too mutch plot armor" "If Shigaraki gets new order it's all over"

I would understand if Star and Stripe actually had 0 weaknesses but the ones provided are actually enough. If anything I can argue this is the better route where Horikoshi gave a character a lot of hax with good limitations instead of another basic power enhancer that all it would do is MAYBE give new feats.

Because of the ability and how diverse it is, the fight is already top 3 in the series for me.

If Hori was going to "write himself into a corner" with New Order, I doubt he'd have introduced New Order in the last few chapters.

Clearly he has some kind of plan if he's bothering to introduce Star and Stripe and her Quirk in the first place when he didn't need to do that.

He’s also done this with numerous other characters like the High Ends and even AFO initially. It doesn’t make much sense to me how it’s bad for an author to introduce a new antagonist and have them lose.
All For One still lingers though, and the Nomu are established to be a threat in the writing. We haven’t heard about Nagant in a while
If Hori was going to "write himself into a corner" with New Order, I doubt he'd have introduced New Order in the last few chapters.

Clearly he has some kind of plan if he's bothering to introduce Star and Stripe and her Quirk in the first place when he didn't need to do that.
I wonder what other quirks Horikoshi will introduce. Time stop? Reality warping?

All For One still lingers though, and the Nomu are established to be a threat in the writing. We haven’t heard about Nagant in a while

I wonder what other quirks Horikoshi will introduce. Time stop? Reality warping?
“A while” is like not even 20 chapters. She was introduced incredibly recently, so having her leave for a little while can’t even be a complaint from my standpoint when she’s barely gone.

Time Stop is probably one of the more likely choices, tbh.

Also, here’s a fun idea; say Star has herself turn quirkless and survives to get to UA. If she gets rewound by Eri, would she get her quirk back? Which is stronger, New Order or Rewind in terms of manipulating the state of someone’s quirk?

In a while? It's been what maybe 20 chapters max, that's nothing in manga time. Horikoshi clearly has her set up to do more things in the story, by the fact they keep mentioning she's still alive.

Remember stain, we basically did the same thing with him and he didn't show back up for almost 300 chapters, heck basically all the villains outside of the LOV fall into this and we've seen all of them again in some way or form(with the exception of gentle).

Even if star and stripe loses her quirk(which I think is probably going to happen) it's not like she's written out of the story entirely, I highly doubt she's going to die and there are plenty of things for her to do even without her quirk.

I’m talking about when AFO initially appeared like 200 chapters before he came back. Yeah Nagant and Star are both pretty darn threatening based on feats AND statements surrounding them.

We haven’t heard about Nagant cause she’s hospitalised and in custody.

“A while” is like not even 20 chapters. She was introduced incredibly recently, so having her leave for a little while can’t even be a complaint from my standpoint when she’s barely gone.

Time Stop is probably one of the more likely choices, tbh.

Also, here’s a fun idea; say Star has herself turn quirkless and survives to get to UA. If she gets rewound by Eri, would she get her quirk back? Which is stronger, New Order or Rewind in terms of manipulating the state of someone’s quirk?
New Order is much stronger, at least until Rewind gets controlled. If Rewind gets strong enough, it could just erase people that come into contact with her

I saw a popular person on TikTok say that Eri’s quirk wouldn’t work on demons because they don’t age. I don’t think people realizes that Eri doesn’t revert someone biologically; she just reverts the chronology of events.

I saw a popular person on TikTok say that Eri’s quirk wouldn’t work on demons because they don’t age. I don’t think people realizes that Eri doesn’t revert someone biologically; she just reverts the chronology of events.
Bro TikTok is the same place who says All Might is country level with MFTL speed, Naruto is solar system, Natsu is low multiversal, Asta is planetary. And then they go on to say VSBW is wrong lol

I wonder if the amount time that she’s reverting plays a role in how tough it is for her. Like would it be easier to revert someone 1 year rather than 2?

Bro TikTok is the same place who says All Might is country level with MFTL speed, Naruto is solar system, Natsu is low multiversal, Asta is planetary. And then they go on to say VSBW is wrong lol
I think that TikTok has a lot of wanks but some scales are pretty valid, it’s just that VSBW is stigmatized because of how harsh the criteria for stuff is.

I think that TikTok has a lot of wanks but some scales are pretty valid, it’s just that VSBW is stigmatized because of how harsh the criteria for stuff is.
Tbh I prefer how "harsh" VSBW instead of hearing base superman is boundless. Yeah, TikTok has good scales but very rarely IMO
Both have flaws though. Like how this site argued Roshi isn't moon level for years lol

Yes but sometimes the criteria is a bit much (cough cough lightspeed). I would discuss with people on TT and they would say that the wiki has mods biased against MHA
As annoying as the criteria are I think it's fair considering how in the same fight we get laser feats we have the character worrying about being able to touch hypersonic missiles, like if I told the average MHA watchers the verse was light speed. I'd probably get laughed at.

Imagine if Gentle hard-counters Tomura's Decay because his bouncy air constructs are considered to be just "air" and Tomura's Decay doesn't work on air.
Hmm, probably not Decay doesn't work on anything intangible and gentle's elastic air explicitly makes air tangible, it's not about it being air, it's about it's state of matter.

As annoying as the criteria are I think it's fair considering how in the same fight we get laser feats we have the character worrying about being able to touch hypersonic missiles, like if I told the average MHA watchers the verse was light speed. I'd probably get laughed at.
Tbh there are times you will get laughed at if you think All Might is just faster than the eye lol

But yeah, MHA is really inconsistent with it's lasers feats and how speed statements with speed feats interact at times.

Back