• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is my first CRT so please correct me if anything here is incorrect.

In chapter 330, Stars and Stripes erases the air around Shigaraki, seemingly creating a spatial vacuum. Now, Shigaraki is seen struggling from the attack, but being in space takes the air out of one’s lungs and freezes their body. Shigaraki displayed no instances of any of these feats.
Considering that SS’s law manipulation wasn’t working on Shigaraki, it seemed to have altered the fight’s course.

I think Shigaraki should get:

Limited Self-Sustenance - Likely produced his own oxygen to survive in the vacuum, or simply resisted the effects

Resistance to Ice Manipulation - Being in space is supposed to freeze your body, but no signs of that were shown for Shigaraki. This may be due to the time frame, so this is debatable.

VERY Limited Resistance to Law Manipulation - This kinda plays in hand with Shigaraki’s Multiple Selves, but him being immune to SS’s law manipulation due to his identity crisis should qualify for a very limited level. Realistically, it wouldn’t matter much in a VS battle fight, however.

limited resistance to law manipulation is a no go, that is just a weakness of Star's power. He didn't resist her abilities, she just couldn't activate New Order on him because she got his name wrong.

Surviving in space is no longer resistance to cold/ice I believe, I remember hearing this somewhere.

Limited Self-Sustenance, Type 1 should be alright. limited Self-Sustenance ( Type 1. Can provide himself Oxygen in a vacuum environment)

Resistance to Ice Manipulation - Being in space is supposed to freeze your body, but no signs of that were shown for Shigaraki. This may be due to the time frame, so this is debatable.

He isn't in space. He's in a vacuum.

VERY Limited Resistance to Law Manipulation - This kinda plays in hand with Shigaraki’s Multiple Selves, but him being immune to SS’s law manipulation due to his identity crisis should qualify for a very limited level. Realistically, it wouldn’t matter much in a VS battle fight, however.

I'd argue it's more like "Limited Resistance to Name-based attacks" but that might be too specific to include.

Surviving in space is no longer resistance to cold/ice I believe, I remember hearing this somewhere.
It only applies to those who can survive in the harsh environment of space for long periods of time I believe.
Dragon Ball characters get Resistance to Cold,Radiations for fighting near space.

If surviving in space no longer grants resistance to cold then i guess that needs to be removed.
You can discuss Dragon Ball on a different thread that's about Dragon Ball.

If we’re treating it as a vacuum, I might as well correct it from Ice Manip to Absolute Zero, because from a physics standpoint, a vacuum shouldnt be above zero temperature

I'd argue it's more like "Limited Resistance to Name-based attacks" but that might be too specific to include.
I feel like this is technically already covered under his multiple selves, although perhaps this could be added to his justification.

Back