• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It depends. Tbh considering horikoshi reads comics I'm 99% certain he knows how "weak" his verse is but since he's a Chad, he ignores it and writes a good story

Lmao Subsonic Koichi.

I think this + the sound theory by Six pretty much proves that Six and Koichi were only running at subsonic speeds in the streets.

For Six, his reaction speed is clearly way higher than his movement speed.

For Koichi, so far his only supersonic feats are during flight, at least if those were sonic booms.

Last edited:
Six could dodge bullets clearly moving at supersonic speeds in slow motion but this chapter clearly proves his movement speed isn't at supersonic.

That plus the fact that he has to overcome air pressure while moving and his theory on Koichi hearing his footsteps to dodge shows he was only running at subsonic speeds.

The reaction/combat speed might stay the same but their movement speed definitely takes a huge hit.

Quick question, do you think shigaraki can decay nine's dragon/barrier
Dragon, likely yes.

Barrier, likely no. His so called barrier isn't made of energy or something, he makes his barrier with his air manipulation. The yellow "barrier" we see is just a visual effect, since Izuku says "An invisible wall?! A wall made of air?!" Shigaraki can't decay air, since he's always touching the air with all fives of his fingers yet nothing happens.

It may be possible in the future, though he'd have to be capable of turning off Decay unless he's going to be destroying air at all times.

“Deku bad, he kept making bad decisions and not listening to anyone, example: when he punched Shigaraki when he was CLEARLY trapped in Todoroki’s ice.”

People really thought ice could hold ALL Might tier Shigaraki down and then blame Deku for punching him whilst enraged.

“Deku bad, he kept making bad decisions and not listening to anyone, example: when he punched Shigaraki when he was CLEARLY trapped in Todoroki’s ice.”

People really thought ice could hold ALL Might tier Shigaraki down and then blame Deku for punching him whilst enraged.
The ice literally penetrated him lol

The ice literally penetrated him lol
The perspective of the shot really confuses me, but I don’t see him being penetrated.

Even if he did it wouldn’t matter. He got all his quirks back when the ice slammed into him. He just flexes and breaks it apart like it’s made of tissue paper then heals in and instant. Deku may as well punch him at that point.

The perspective of the shot really confuses me, but I don’t see him being penetrated.

Even if he did it wouldn’t matter. He got all his quirks back when the ice slammed into him. He just flexes and breaks it apart like it’s made of tissue paper then heals in and instant. Deku may as well punch him at that point.
Honestly dont care for the deku and crap just confused on you saying the ice couldnt hold all might levels of power when for one todoroki already scales up there in terms of power and the ice indeed penetrated shigaraki

Honestly dont care for the deku and crap just confused on you saying the ice couldnt hold all might levels of power when for one todoroki already scales up there in terms of power and the ice indeed penetrated shigaraki
When has Todoroki completely encased and trapped an All Might tier being to the point they could not move? And I don’t see how Shigaraki is penetrated, to me it just looks like he’s bleeding on it from his previous wounds after it slammed into him.

When has Todoroki completely encased and trapped an All Might tier being to the point they could not move? And I don’t see how Shigaraki is penetrated, to me it just looks like he’s bleeding on it from his previous wounds after it slammed into him.
Nomu. He could freeze half his body and it being broke apart means that he indeed had no control over it. If todoroki froze his whole body then he wouldnt have been able to move

Nomu. He could freeze half his body and it being broke apart means that he indeed had no control over it. If todoroki froze his whole body then he wouldnt have been able to move
USJ Nomu is literally the only case that’s ever happened, and it probably could’ve been due to the way his Shock Absorption quirk worked. Any other examples? If not, it’s an outlier. Unless Chimera is >>> 100% USJ Nomu/All Might?

Chimera is clearly Current Shigaraki levels in physicals I guess.

USJ Nomu is literally the only case that’s ever happened, and it probably could’ve been due to the way his Shock Absorption quirk worked. Any other examples? If not, it’s an outlier. Unless Chimera is >>> 100% USJ Nomu/All Might?

Chimera is clearly Current Shigaraki levels in physicals I guess.
It being the only other case doesnt change anything, the fact remains that the author supplement this into the series meaning he agrees with it. Its durability negation for a reason. Shock absorption absorbs shock, I don’t understand how this correlates to him being frozen, elaborate.
Chimera was completely frozen by the ice, what’re you talking about?
Stop trying to call everything an outlier because you dont agree with it, talking about outliers I plan on bringing back all the stuff that was “deemed outlier”

It being the only other case doesnt change anything, the fact remains that the author supplement this into the series meaning he agrees with it. Its durability negation for a reason. Shock absorption absorbs shock, I don’t understand how this correlates to him being frozen, elaborate.
Chimera was completely frozen by the ice, what’re you talking about?
Stop trying to call everything an outlier because you dont agree with it, talking about outliers I plan on bringing back all the stuff that was “deemed outlier”
So, you can’t show Todoroki’s ice freezing and trapping All Might tier enemies? Got it.

Chimera didn’t fall apart into meat chunks like USJ Nomu did, and also shrugged off ice earlier. He literally needed a “Flashfire” version of ice to be stopped and didn’t die. So clearly he’s >>>>> USJ Nomu and All Might, right??

Outliers are outliers not because I disagree with them, but because they make no sense and are ludicrous. If Deku suddenly dodges a lightspeed laser after it was inches from his face, I’m going to call it an outlier, even though Deku is my favourite character and I’d love to wank his powerlevel at all cost.

So, you can’t show Todoroki’s ice freezing and trapping All Might tier enemies? Got it.
We are both aware of the existence of Nomu.
Chimera didn’t fall apart into meat chunks like USJ Nomu did, and also shrugged off ice earlier. He literally needed a “Flashfire” version of ice to be stopped and didn’t die. So clearly he’s >>>>> USJ Nomu and All Might, right??
Chimera didn’t fall apart as his body wasn’t completely frozen nor did he attempt to move his body properly in correlation to the frozen portions.
Shrugged off ice? Elaborate.
Him not dying proves nothing. Your argument is ass.
Outliers are outliers not because I disagree with them, but because they make no sense and are ludicrous. If Deku suddenly dodges a lightspeed laser after it was inches from his face, I’m going to call it an outlier, even though Deku is my favourite character and I’d love to wank his powerlevel at all cost.
And here you go to show that you dont like the scaling because you dont like it.
If its not contradicted by anything further down in the series its fine to use. The author made this an addition to the series ad he believes his characters are that strong, you not agreeing with it simply means your idea scaling of the series doesnt matches the author’s intentions and you shouldnt assert your ideas on it

Back