• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Some questions I have regarding danger sense. Currently we list its weakness as "will not activate if his opponents have no hostile intent or desire to hurt Deku.", so let say a collapsing building was about to fall on top of deku, would danger sense activates ? What if deku were to fight against opponents who can fight without thoughts, can completely shut off their intentions/malice or a non sentient being like a robot. Would danger sense just stay silent despite the very apparent danger just because there isn't any hostility/malice ? I know people like bring up the scene with class 1A as proof that it would not, but here's the thing, not only did class 1A had no intention of harming deku but they also weren't going to harm or pose a threat to deku period, intention or not. Also deku specifically said that "There's no real DANGER or malice here", furthermore the official my hero wiki state that "If the user is in no actual danger, such as if their opponents have no true malice and are just trying to help, then the Quirk won't be triggered". In addition when in the vestige dream world, danger sense activated when banjou was just about to put his arm around shinomori, after this danger sense activated when banjou tried to catch shinomori with black whip. Banjou clearly had no negative intent or malice toward his predecessor yet the quirk still activated. So I think danger sense would activates against any kind of danger that would harm or pose a threat to deku regardless of hostility or malice (it would still activate if there're hostilities but no actual incoming danger as seen with the civilians, unless you want to argue that they wanted to beat up a 16yo kid), class 1A did not have any of these 2 prerequisites so danger sense obviously did not activate.

There is no official my hero wiki. All wiki are fanmade, besides Wikipedia.

Danger Sense could sense Nagant’s bullets and their direction, so I imagine it does work against anything posing a threat in general.

The original user might have it more well trained than Deku does, so that’s how he could sense Banjo, whereas Deku can only have it in its passive, untrained state currently. That’s how I see it anyway.

Shouldn't 5% Deku be Hypersonic+ since he could move as fast as Wolfram's Mach 13 giant cube?
His speed in that scene is just weird though. Like, All Might is going all out, yet 5% can catch up to him? On top of Bakugo and Todoroki blocking Wolfram’s attacks, which can catch up to All Might?

I’d be fine with Hypersonic+ since we seem to have a couple feats around that area the more I look around, but the speed specifically in the “Final approach on Wolfram” scene seems inflated for movie purposes.

They avoided stray rubble. That's the thing with Awakened Shigaraki's Decay, if something that it decays touches someone, it causes that person to Decay. It's how Crust died.
They were /inside/ the building tho, and still managed to escape, vs this theoretical matchup where they’re both outside.

I know how his decay works. But when has a stray piece of rubble ever launched into the air fast enough to tag someone who can react to 100% All Might tier beings?

His speed in that scene is just weird though. Like, All Might is going all out, yet 5% can catch up to him? On top of Bakugo and Todoroki blocking Wolfram’s attacks, which can catch up to All Might?

I’d be fine with Hypersonic+ since we seem to have a couple feats around that area the more I look around, but the speed specifically in the “Final approach on Wolfram” scene seems inflated for movie purposes.
All Might was probably “keeping down” for Deku’s sake so he can keep up. Not to mention he was straining against his time limit and probably wanted to NOT use 100% for every little action as that‘d drain it even faster.

But I personally believe pretty much the whole scene including the fan calced cube are all outliers regardless. My mentality is: “if the animators probably weren’t thinking of it when drawing and animating it, then it’s probably not true.” referring to fan calcs and maths. The animators just wanted to draw something cool af and flashy, not caring about if it mathematically made sense for the power of the characters.

They were /inside/ the building tho, and still managed to escape, vs this theoretical matchup where they’re both outside.

I know how his decay works. But when has a stray piece of rubble ever launched into the air fast enough to tag someone who can react to 100% All Might tier beings?
They were flying.

images

We are in the break chapters now though the editors note does mention villains for next week so hopefully we see Shigaraki and AFO's POV

Native encountered Stain, was saved by Iida, Deku and Todoroki. Then he was at ground zero of Shigaraki’s awakening, saved by Ryuku, fought Near High Ends, then died.

His quirk was to shoot feathers (or so it seems).

RIP Native. He died as he lived: in the background.

Native encountered Stain, was saved by Iida, Deku and Todoroki. Then he was at ground zero of Shigaraki’s awakening, saved by Ryuku, fought Near High Ends, then died.

His quirk was to shoot feathers (or so it seems).

RIP Native. He died as he lived: in the background.
I know he's a backgrounder, but the fact he survived Stain only to get offed by a Nomu is kinda sad to me...

When i use rhe proper timeframe id say it be small town to town level.
it would be a lot bettwr than 30% jumping from ******* multi city block to small city.
20% small town-town
30% higher
45% small city

Also if possible can someone send me the thread arguing deku’s finger flicks are shockwaves? Need to see some of the arguments against it before i make a debunk thread on that

Back