• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Dragon, likely yes.

Barrier, likely no. His so called barrier isn't made of energy or something, he makes his barrier with his air manipulation. The yellow "barrier" we see is just a visual effect, since Izuku says "An invisible wall?! A wall made of air?!" Shigaraki can't decay air, since he's always touching the air with all fives of his fingers yet nothing happens.

It may be possible in the future, though he'd have to be capable of turning off Decay unless he's going to be destroying air at all times.
I thought shigaraki could decay anything as long as it's solid/corporeal enough for him to touch with at least 2 fingers like redestro's bomb. Nine's barrier is extremely solid to the point that it "breaks" like that 1B kid's quirk when too much force is exerted on it. I'm not saying shigaraki will be able to destroy the atmosphere or air pressure in general but nine's and that 1B kid quirk clearly work different from normal air or wind

Last edited:
I thought shigaraki could decay anything as long as it's solid/corporeal enough for him to touch with at least 2 fingers like redestro's bomb. Nine's barrier is extremely solid to the point that it "breaks" like that 1B kid's quirk when too much force is exerted on it. I'm not saying shigaraki will be able to destroy the atmosphere or air pressure in general but nine's and that 1B kid quirk clearly work different to normal air or wind
I agree with this and was thinking of the same thing.
As long as its hard enough for him to properly touch he should be capable of decaying it.

USJ Nomu is, again, an outlier. And he only broke apart most likely because of his quirk, Shock Absorption, which seems to rubberrise his muscles and tissue. Can you show Todoroki freezing and stopping another All Might tier opponent? He couldn’t even keep tired, exhausted, holding back Deku down for a few seconds, who, purely physically, isn’t Shigaraki tier, who isn’t as strong as All Might yet, according to the doctor.

Chimera was literally frozen inside-out, completely covered in ice, and didn’t fall apart like USJ Nomu.

Earlier in the movie Chimera was trapped in Todoroki’s ice, and he literally just flexed out of it. Chimera > Shigaraki in physicals confirmed?

Again, outliers… are outliers. It doesn’t matter if I like it or not. Deku creating a shockwave with 20% in a single, 5 frame scene in a movie isn’t seen as an outlier here because it “doesn’t contradict anything” (when it does), and I see it as an outlier, because it contradicts the manga and the very scene it appears in itself because “the 5 frame explosion is more consistent than the multiple, consistent backgrounds” I guess, even though I like the feat, it’s an outlier.

USJ Nomu is, again, an outlier. And he only broke apart most likely because of his quirk, Shock Absorption, which seems to rubberrise his muscles and tissue. Can you show Todoroki freezing and stopping another All Might tier opponent? He couldn’t even keep tired, exhausted, holding back Deku down for a few seconds, who, purely physically, isn’t Shigaraki tier, who isn’t as strong as All Might yet, according to the doctor.
Why would this happening only one time dismiss its use of a feat? You ask me to send it happening again when he has only got in a situation for it to happen only once. It’s not a necessity in this conversation so I fail to see why I would have to show it happening again.
Him not stopping Deku literally refutes nothing and you are ignoring the context with both scenes.
Nomu; he’s freezing his body completely meaning his cells, muscles, etc are literally being turned to ice.
Deku; he created a giant ice pillar that Deku crashed into.
The fact that you’re trying to equate both of these scenes shows how credit-less you are and how, as I’ve stated before, put your feelings above facts because you dont agree with something.
Shock absorption absorbs shock, what are you getting this muscle and tissue thing from?
It has nothing to do with his quirk, stop asserting that claim.
Prove its a contradiction in the narrative or you can keep echoing its an outlier all you want.
Its durability negation for a reason.
Chimera was literally frozen inside-out, completely covered in ice, and didn’t fall apart like USJ Nomu.
Another example of you ignoring the context of a scene to fulfill your personal expectations.
Chimera was frozen completely and didnt attempt to move around despite being frozen, the opposite was shown with the Nomu, who broke apart as he tried to move around normally. C’mon man you’re not that desperate.
Earlier in the movie Chimera was trapped in Todoroki’s ice, and he literally just flexed out of it. Chimera > Shigaraki in physicals confirmed?
Once again, ignoring context.
Nomu’s body was frozen, Chimera was simply encased in Ice. I truly hope you’re not serious, lmao.
Again, outliers… are outliers. It doesn’t matter if I like it or not. Deku creating a shockwave with 20% in a single, 5 frame scene in a movie isn’t seen as an outlier here because it “doesn’t contradict anything” (when it does), and I see it as an outlier, because it contradicts the manga and the very scene it appears in itself because “the 5 frame explosion is more consistent than the multiple, consistent backgrounds” I guess, even though I like the feat, it’s an outlier.
What does it contradict? Literally nothing. If youre referring to the tree scene then its literally a low end as this scene wasnt attempting to dictate anything strong it was just showing us this new ability Deku had.
This scene itself contradicts the entire series as even base Deku has superior feats. This low end is simply goes against what the author has already set out.
Youve proved you are putting your emotions before the series multiple times in one argument. Cmon man you gotta do better bc this aint it

Ahh yes, Todoroki’s ice: “durability negation— until it isn’t, but we’ll ignore that because outliers are the norm here.”

Chimera broke out of Todoroki’s ice, TWICE, and was only stopped by a Flashfire Ice move. Chimera >>> Shigaraki, USJ Nomu and All Might confirmed. Hell, didn’t some random carbonation quirk villain get frozen just like USJ Nomu, and he easily broke out of it like it was nothing? Is he All Might tier too?? Wow, I guess the massive gap between All Might and the other heroes and villains constantly repeated through the series just never existed I guess.

”base Deku has better stats than 20% Deku’s outlier feat due to fan calcs.”

Another reason why I’ll never take fan calcs seriously. Lol.

Outliers are outliers. Here, outliers are the norm. But hey, no one wants to challenge the status quo and be logical, so complaining about it means nothing I guess, so I guess the outliers will remain the norm. Because that’s logical and makes sense.

Last edited:
Chapter 40 in the manga or literally just look up Deku vs. Todoroki if you want the anime. Take your pick.
But they never say shockwave, they just say “the heat expanded the cold air suddenly” or something like that. It’s not exactly a shockwave, more like just a very strong blast of wind.

This is incorrect, I've seen we've been getting more strict with the PSI values. A 20 psi shockwave reaching the stands would've destroyed the stadium and killed the audience.

The ring itself should've been obliterated at least, the destruction we're given doesn't match the value you're getting. Not only that but the blast didn't destroy anything out of the ring, even the thing Midnight was standing on was just blown away and it doesn't appear to be made out of anything other than wood.

Basically 20 PSI isn't a standard, you need to provide proof that the shockwave in question is 20 PSI. Something like Re-Destro's shockwave should still works, since the blast he made actually shattered multiple city blocks worth of concrete houses.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 20% shockwave calc might be dropped as well, since the shockwave it makes doesn't even obliterate the trees. The wind pressure was strong enough to rip trees out of the ground and send them flying, but it didn't destroy them like an actual blast wave would do.

@AtomicSekiro: That kind of reaction is a little uncalled for, it's always fine to share your opinion. But also try to at least respect the opinion of others, even if you disagree with them.

This is all opinion based in the end, no one person will ever be 100% factually right. Since trying to put numbers on a fiction character's stats will always have problems.

Last edited:
Ahh yes, Todoroki’s ice: “durability negation— until it isn’t, but we’ll ignore that because outliers are the norm here.”
I can’t tell what youre implying here.
Chimera broke out of Todoroki’s ice, TWICE, and was only stopped by a Flashfire Ice move. Chimera >>> Shigaraki, USJ Nomu and All Might confirmed. Hell, didn’t some random carbonation quirk villain get frozen just like USJ Nomu, and he easily broke out of it like it was nothing? Is he All Might tier too?? Wow, I guess the massive gap between All Might and the other heroes and villains constantly repeated through the series just never existed I guess.
I’ve already addressed this and you aren't even addressing my argument. This is a problem you have, instead of addressing the opposing argument you just give another argument entirely irrelevant to what you’re referencing to.
Stop doing that, continue to ignore my arguments and I’ll simply call out the fallacies you’re appealing to and drop this pointless discussion.
Chimera wasnt frozen completely, he was encased in ice. Nomu’s very body was frozen.
The only reason Todoroki needed a “flashfire” ice attack was because Chimera was melting the ice. After his ice dropped to a temperature too low for Chimera to melt he got DURA negged.
Stop ignoring my arguments and showing that you’re ignoring context to it your personal ideas.
”base Deku has better stats than 20% Deku’s outlier feat due to fan calcs.”
? What’re you talking about?
If you’re gonna argue that his feat from the movie contradicts the manga using X scene (tree scene) then that was my argument against it as base Deku has shown to have superior power to that tree scene you may try to use. Calcs aren’t even needed.
The author putting this feat into his series means he wants these characters to be on that level. Stop arguing against that.
Another reason why I’ll never take fan calcs seriously. Lol.
You don’t have to like them, we don’t care. Like seriously nobody asked.
Outliers are outliers. Here, outliers are the norm. But hey, no one wants to challenge the status quo and be logical, so complaining about it means nothing I guess, so I guess the outliers will remain the norm. Because that’s logical and makes sense.
Cope harder, bitch.
You not agreeing with something doesn’t make it true.
Man I’m scared to try to argue hypersonic mha (5% and up) because this guy will be there to call “outlier!!!”

20 PSI has always appeared to be the standard, but in that case, what would work better. 5 PSI?
Yes it has, problem being is that it can inflate feats beyond what we've been shown.

For right now I don't think there is anything set yet (So 20 PSI is still standard I guess), though here is a site that talks about overpressure. I'm not 100% sure on how the formula works so maybe I'm wrong about something, but I'm almost certain that 1 to 5 PSI should be the standard for explosion/shockwaves that we don't see cause much destruction.

Though if an "shockwave" happens in a city and not even the windows crack, I don't think overpressure should even be used. I mostly meant for explosions that happen in deserts or stuff like that, since we can't see the type of destruction they'd cause. Though I guess it is a case by case thing, at the least I don't think this feat is capable of using 20 PSI.

Moving on, it was stated that it's been one month since the raid on the hospital. We know that their second year of high school was almost about to start, and we saw a kid walking with his mom to school in chapter 258. School in Japan starts in early April if I remember correctly, which means it should be early May/late April right now.

Which means Shigaraki is 21 and Bakugo might be 17 now, along with Mei and maybe some other students. Just an interesting tidbit, since the character's birthday always pass by without any mention in the story.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 20% shockwave calc might be dropped as well, since the shockwave it makes doesn't even obliterate the trees. The wind pressure was strong enough to rip trees out of the ground and send them flying, but it didn't destroy them like an actual blast wave would do.
A blast of 20 psi has a maximum wind speed of 224.414 m/s, which is about the same the same speed the trees and debris were traveling, if not even faster.

5 psi is not even enough to kill most people in the range of the blast, let alone launch objects at velocities close to the speed of sound. Leave the feat alone.

Y’know, the 20% Deku feat was probably storyboarded to just be leaves (leafs?) being blown into the air, but was changed to trees on accident due to animation mistakes. (Like how in OPM season 1, Tatsumaki wasn’t supposed to pull a meteor from space to one shot Ancient King, it was just supposed to be her picking up a big rock and then he flashbacked to the meteor which killed the dinos).

But hey, it’s in the movie, it’s 5 frames long and isn’t consistent whatsoever with the more consistent backgrounds, but I guess it’s totally valid and totally not an outlier… ‘cuz logic and consistency always wins. All movie frames are canon. Horikoshi approved of every single frame individually before release.

Y’know, the 20% Deku feat was probably storyboarded to just be leaves (leafs?) being blown into the air, but was changed to trees on accident due to animation mistakes. (Like how in OPM season 1, Tatsumaki wasn’t supposed to pull a meteor from space to one shot Ancient King, it was just supposed to be her picking up a big rock and then he flashbacked to the meteor which killed the dinos).

But hey, it’s in the movie, it’s 5 frames long and isn’t consistent whatsoever with the more consistent backgrounds, but I guess it’s totally valid and totally not an outlier… ‘cuz logic and consistency always wins. All movie frames are canon. Horikoshi approved of every single frame individually before release.
Shut the **** up bitching and address my argument, or don’t speak back against me

Just before the explosion we can see some pine trees closer to the camera than the explosion, so I keep wondering why people think those objects in the air are leaves and bushes when there are massive trees closer to POV being dwarfed by the shock wave.

Shut the **** up bitching and address my argument, or don’t speak back against me
Lol your arguing about numbers and values for a superhero manga, I don't mean this in a way to dunk on you btw, just letting you know that you need to chill out

Edit: nvm discord humour

At this point after i redo Yo shindo feat (i estimate multi city block) then 5% being mcb same for bakugo would be consistent with Todoroki calcs, yo shindo and 20% being large town level via being massively>>> 8% would make sense

A blast of 20 psi has a maximum wind speed of 224.414 m/s, which is about the same the same speed the trees and debris were traveling, if not even faster.

5 psi is not even enough to kill most people in the range of the blast, let alone launch objects at velocities close to the speed of sound. Leave the feat alone.
The destruction cause is the proof, since Izuku's attack didn't have any destruction at all I do not believe the feat is usable.

I wouldn't have any problem with the feat if the forest seconds after showed no signs of any type of damage. Even the trees they were right next to are completely fine, I have a hard time accepting this feat and I think maybe this is something that should be discussed.

Because if an explosion happens in the middle of a city, and it causes no surrounding damage. The explosion cannot be calc, since it caused no destruction, I see this to be the same. I do not believe 8-A is an outlier, just that the feat itself has problems.

How could such a massive shockwave not destroy all of the trees, and cause no change to the environment? What makes the environment being unchanged a error, versus the feat itself being an error?

Edit: I might make a calc group thread about this, at the least if the feat is seen as legit we can finally stop talking about it. If not... Well we'll cross that bridge if it happens.

The destruction cause is the proof, since Izuku's attack didn't have any destruction at all I do not believe the feat is usable.

I wouldn't have any problem with the feat if the forest seconds after showed no signs of any type of damage. Even the trees they were right next to are completely fine, I have a hard time accepting this feat and I think maybe this is something that should be discussed.

Because if an explosion happens in the middle of a city, and it causes no surrounding damage. The explosion cannot be calc, since it caused no destruction, I see this to be the same. I do not believe 8-A is an outlier, just that the feat itself has problems.

How could such a massive shockwave not destroy all of the trees, and cause no change to the environment? What makes the environment being unchanged a error, versus the feat itself being an error?
I knew this was coming!!! Get ready for war boys!!

giphy.gif

Back