• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I didn't see the artwork was for volume 31. I thought it was for USJ.

It looks like the cover is around USJ/Sports Festival since apart from the Nomu, Endeavor is in his old costume.

Idk why but covers with all might give off like the old comic feeling. He just looks like he belongs in the 1940s
The anime effect. They always shorten All Might.
I'm pretty sure they do Deku dirty. Like Deku is similar height to bakugou yet he's almost 2 feet smaller in some scenes

Atsushi releasing screenshots of the next episode.

I was right, his hair turns white when he destroys the city with decay. I think.

It did the typical: “still-frame followed by a big cloud of dirt” thing:

MHA S5 is just mid at best. Probably
one of the most forgettable anime this year if we count only S5. I had hope at least the animation would be decent but bones is just a massive **** up this season imo. Or maybe it was always mid and I just haven't watched other seasons in a while.

MHA S5 is just mid at best. Probably
one of the most forgettable anime this year if we count only S5. I had hope at least the animation would be decent but bones is just a massive **** up this season imo. Or maybe it was always mid and I just haven't watched other seasons in a while.
Seems to be a 5/10 from the looks of things. Very poor score considering the grand scheme of things.

I don’t blame Bones, I blame the producers. For an anime on its /fifth/ season, I’m surprised it still looks this good most of the time.

It’s not the worst, but it’s not high tier. It’s no Mob Psycho 100, but it’s no One Punch Man season 2 or Dragon Ball Super season 1/2.

I don’t blame Bones, I blame the producers. For an anime on its /fifth/ season, I’m surprised it still looks this good most of the time.

It’s not the worst, but it’s not high tier. It’s no Mob Psycho 100, but it’s no One Punch Man season 2 or Dragon Ball Super season 1/2.
Wonder how much anime have reduced animation quality over a long period of time. Also One Punch Man S2 was gonna be inevitably mediocre since J.C. Staff had control over it instead of Madhouse and everyone already knew how J.C. Staff was even with anime like To Aru.

Some person on Reddit claiming MHA has so many plot holes. Plot holes being:
”Why doesnt everyone have a gun?”
”Why are the two strongest villain and heroes in Japan?”

Wonder how much anime have reduced animation quality over a long period of time. Also One Punch Man S2 was gonna be inevitably mediocre since J.C. Staff had control over it instead of Madhouse and everyone already knew how J.C. Staff was even with anime like To Aru.
Idu why J.C Staff has to touch action anime when they know they are shit with animation. They just need to realize and stick to anything non fighting

Some person on Reddit claiming MHA has so many plot holes. Plot holes being:
”Why doesnt everyone have a gun?”
”Why are the two strongest villain and heroes in Japan?”
Just People being obtuse. And we do see cops with guns all the time and where does that get them. They can't even take down fodder white and grey Nomu even with machine guns.

But whenever I see gun comments I just know it's Americans bullshitting. Like the reason I've even seen and touched guns up close is because my step mother is a game reserve ranger. Guns are strictly regulated in most countries in the world not named USA.

And I'm also sure the guys complaining about "All Might being the strongest in the world" (I saw a post like this), are fans of Marvel or DC where most top dog heroes and villains are either American or operate in America. Heck in Marvel it might even be worse since like 90% of their most famous heroes operate from one city, New York.

At least DC tried the every hero gets their own city model.

Now that I think about it that's a model I'd want for MHA: different cities and regions all having an assigned top hero like: Superman - Metropolis, Batman - Gotham, Flash - Central City, Arrow - Star City, Nightwing - Bludhaven, Green Lantern - Coast City, etc.

Why did I make such a long post.
Anyway, stress ball really got done dirty and this is basically the last we see of it.

I'm hoping they take a break before season 6, like 2 years instead of 1 year. Let it come out in 2023. Or at least space out the anime and movie 4 so the productions don't happen at the same time (the way KnY and JJK did).

We didn't even get a second Nakamura cut this season. Literally he worked on Iida and peaced out. People were saying the movies didn't affect the anime as if animators have infinite time. Naturally if the top dog animators are working on the movies at the same time, their time on the anime will be reduced.

This reminds me of somebody I saw questioning where the military was in MHA...
Japan doesn't have a military. It has a Self-Defense force but that is it. That is the result of WW2 when USA imposed a new constitution on Japan seeking to prevent violent expansionism of the country. I don't know if WW2 happened in MHA itself but the fact that the Japanese conscience is affected by it explains a lot about the writing.

I thought it would be common knowledge with these people speaking as an (binational) American.

Japan doesn't have a military. It has a Self-Defense force but that is it. That is the result of WW2 when USA imposed a new constitution on Japan seeking to prevent violent expansionism of the country. I don't know if WW2 happened in MHA itself but the fact that the Japanese conscience is affected by it explains a lot about the writing.

I thought it would be common knowledge with these people speaking as an (binational) American.
Wait... really? Huh. The more you know...

We didn't even get a second Nakamura cut this season. Literally he worked on Iida and peaced out. People were saying the movies didn't affect the anime as if animators have infinite time. Naturally if the top dog animators are working on the movies at the same time, their time on the anime will be reduced.
I have no clue either. It is very obvious that the movies are affecting the TV production in some way. It happened in Season 4 and in Season 5 they even went so far as to add a filler episode and have another literally only adapt a chapter.

Yeah, I kinda figured resources were running kinda thin and staff were likely tired after World Heroes' Mission. The anime has never looked this weak before.
What is worse is that even though it is seasonal, they are producing it like a long-running anime. Once they finish this season they start the next one right away.

Back