• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I knew this was coming!!! Get ready for war boys!!

giphy.gif
What war? These two were just having a mild disagreement over a feat performed by Deku over a forest. There was only you who was egging the two on to such a point.

Just before the explosion we can see some pine trees closer to the camera than the explosion, so I keep wondering why people think those objects in the air are leaves and bushes when there are massive trees closer to POV being dwarfed by the shock wave.
The perspective in the shot is very funky-wunky.

People think the green globs being thrown into the air /should/ have been leaves, because it’s more consistent with what he’s done before, AND there are ZERO trees damaged in the following shots. Hell, shouldn’t it be raining trees when Nine begins taking his quirk? Or did Deku kick so hard he atomised them??

Ive already confirmed I’ve looked and it doesnt exist in that form of media. If it truly exists then it wouldn’t be so hard to provide it.
You see in that media that a shockwave was very much formed from Deku and Todoroki's clash. It's that simple.

You see in that media that a shockwave was very much formed from Deku and Todoroki's clash. It's that simple.
So now youre just asserting a standard assumption, without proof supporting it. Its stated that it was heated air expanding explosively. A shockwave wasnt stated to exist ANYWHERE.
What evidence do you have supporting the assumption of it being a shockwave?
You went from saying it wad stated to it was shown, neither you have shown evidence for.

So now youre just asserting a standard assumption, without proof supporting it. Its stated that it was heated air expanding explosively. A shockwave wasnt stated to exist ANYWHERE.
What evidence do you have supporting the assumption of it being a shockwave?
You went from saying it wad stated to it was shown, neither you have shown evidence for.
In the same scan you're referring to, the result of the collision was referred to as a blast.

Said blast being stated to simply be heated air expanding. Nothing says its a shockwave so stop asserting that. Provide evidence or cope harder, bih.
It was stated to be both, actually. It's not like the statement of it being a blast was refuted. And you do know explosions can result from heat, right?

I'll wait for TheRustyOne since he was also looking at the calc

It was stated to be both, actually. It's not like the statement of it being a blast was refuted. And you do know explosions can result from heat, right?

The blast itself was the heated air expanding outwards.
A blast is simply strong air exerted from a source, this case the source being the heated air expanding.
A blast and a shockwave are different things and given the context of the scene its not a shockwave as that’s stated no where. Its not even implied

Why are you telling me explosions can result from heat? There was clearly no explosion here and we get clear statement of what was happening here.

The blast itself was the heated air expanding outwards.
A blast is simply strong air exerted from a source, this case the source being the heated air expanding.
A blast and a shockwave are different things and given the context of the scene its not a shockwave as that’s stated no where. Its not even implied
And the formula I used is for blasts, shockwaves, explosions, all that fun stuff.

Kinetic energy is not being used. This is a blast, plain and simple. I've elaborated on this, especially the "air expanding" point. It being a blast was never proven wrong, it's not like it was said to be a blast and then Aizawa's like "no it's just air expanding," both statements were made and neither were contradicted.

The method is fine as is.

Blasts can be defined as a gust of air, which in this context is what it is stated to be.
Not sure why that’s so hard for you to comprehend.
Anyways, i redid the feat using kinetic energy and got the same, if not better results.

If i can get that into a blog and evaluated then i can bring back multi city block 5% and bakugo via scaling around todoroki who could do this during his first time with his flames.

I just have the most braindead argument with someone who is convinced that post surgery shigaraki's enhanced strength is quirk based and not just artificial augmentations from the doc. I even pull dialogues from ch 276/277 and you know what he responded with ? "Well horikoshi makes mistakes all the time". The dude has the ball to call the author of the story wrong to prove his pathetic point

Fun for you to read not fun for me to argue with that idiot
Yeah. I remember arguing with someone saying bakugou is weak because his blasts didn't 1 shot uraraka in the sports festival. He kind of failed to remember he didn't go all out and that humans in MHA can survive much more punishment than IRL

Most casual fan somehow believes that all the characters are only human lv without their quirk, I mean have you see what human in other anime like HxH, Baki can do even without their special power

Anyways, did 20% Deku atomise those trees he “clearly” kicked into the air? Why didn’t they come down?? I mean, clearly it can’t be an outlier, because it’s a 5-frame long shot that could’ve easily been an animator mistake, because Horikoshi clearly looked over every single frame of the movie before release. So someone calc how much energy Deku needed to atomise those trees from existence, because it’s canon.

Anyways, did 20% Deku atomise those trees he “clearly” kicked into the air? Why didn’t they come down?? I mean, clearly it can’t be an outlier, because it’s a 5-frame long shot that could’ve easily been an animator mistake, because Horikoshi clearly looked over every single frame of the movie before release. So someone calc how much energy Deku needed to atomise those trees from existence, because it’s canon.
I'm assuming this is sarcasm?

Back