• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I WISH the CSM thread has as much effort put into them as this one. It breaks my heart to have my favorite series have such a barebone page
I have some spare time

You want me to learn how to make a verse page? Asa is currently one of my favorite new characters so I am very willing to start learning how to make profiles as well

Asa is currently one of my favorite new characters
Same, i love my awkward, socially inept, probably autistic femcel. Idk how Fujimoto does it but he's able to make some of the most abhorrent, dysfunctional, weird, disgusting and shitty assholes and somehow make me fall in love with them

Second reminder;

We could have gotten away with Massively Hypersonic Nagant bullets but you were too greedy and wanted a Relativistic bullet speed to be accepted, and now I wouldn't be surprised if a thread making a rule against using momentum to get the speed is made, throwing the whole thing to the trash.

This just kills any credibility the wiki has (not that it had much to begin with) if calcs are being denied out of spite

Kinda cool that Gentle now has one of the best outright lifting feats in the series. Even the other 2 biggest ones aren't in the main manga (All Might lifting Tokyo Sky Egg and Captain Celebrity lifting that ship).

So far despite how hyped they are, neither Shigaraki or Deku have any outright lifting feats unless you count the cube.

I legit would like to see someone lift a mountain or throw it at someone or something.

This just kills any credibility the wiki has (not that it had much to begin with) if calcs are being denied out of spite
The idea is that if the site thinks that the method is a problem in a similar way to the problem about finding the speed of an object through kinetic energy it will create a rule against it. This rule simply didn't exist before because nobody had used this method until then, and therefore nobody bothered or thought about it.

There are better reasons to hate this site

Besides, I'm almost sure that Therefir was not serious

The idea is that if the site thinks that the method is a problem in a similar way to the problem about finding the speed of an object through kinetic energy it will create a rule against it. This rule simply didn't exist before because nobody had used this method until then, and therefore nobody bothered or thought about it.
Why the method can't be used?

There hasn’t been a single DS crt in months and the last one was forgotten. Nobody cares about the verse.
Or maybe because the manga ended 2 years ago, and the anime is a faithful adaptation to the manga in general.
It's a Tier 8 verse, it's unlikely for it to go through cycles of revisions like Naruto or Bleach.
Why the method can't be used?
Because it leads to inflated results in calculations, because most feats aren't 1:1 to what would happen IRL. If you're talking about KE. Momentum is still an unknown I think.
Same reason why calc stacking is banned (I've seen some people here asking about that too IIRC). Like if we scaled Stain's sword swing to Deku's Mach 7 calc, Iida's Recipro Turbo would be Massively Hypersonic+

Because it leads to inflated results in calculations, because most feats aren't 1:1 to what would happen IRL. If you're talking about KE. Momentum is still an unknown I think.
Same reason why calc stacking is banned (I've seen some people here asking about that too IIRC). Like if we scaled Stain's sword swing to Deku's Mach 7 calc, Iida's Recipro Turbo would be Massively Hypersonic+
I see the problem. The problem is that those examples you gave are calcs using values from other calcs to justify the values in the calc.

I didn't know Clover's Sport Festival calc got accepted. And it's 8-A to boot, finally a dub for Todoroki

Life of king.
He didn't say anything like that as far as I can see. I'm the one that gave an example about how calc stacking.

If you want an example of KE formula being wonky, you can take Shoto's Ice Wall being calculated at like Supersonic+, but if you use the KE formula derivation to determine the speed, you'll get Hypersonic results instead. Which means every single character in the verse, even base Deku, will be Hypersonic.
Or if you try to get All Might's and Deku's speed from destroying Wolfram's cube, they'd be like Sub Relativistic+.

That's some examples I can think of on the top of my head, that might be right or wrong. There are many other calcs discarded due to this rule though.

He didn't say anything like that as far as I can see. I'm the one that gave an example about how calc stacking.

If you want an example of KE formula being wonky, you can take Shoto's Ice Wall being calculated at like Supersonic+, but if you use the KE formula derivation to determine the speed, you'll get Hypersonic results instead. Which means every single character in the verse, even base Deku, will be Hypersonic.
Or if you try to get All Might's and Deku's speed from destroying Wolfram's cube, they'd be like Sub Relativistic+.

That's some examples I can think of on the top of my head, that might be right or wrong. There are many other calcs discarded due to this rule though.
Normally speed through KE should only be usable for projectiles honestly.

Or maybe because the manga ended 2 years ago, and the anime is a faithful adaptation to the manga in general.
It's a Tier 8 verse, it's unlikely for it to go through cycles of revisions like Naruto or Bleach.
I’m not saying the verse needs weekly revisions.

But some of the links are dead and most justifications are also dead links, or there are no justifications at all. Not to mention the speed calcs have some issues and again have some dead links.

Last edited:
No clue how this would be subsonic ☠️ only way I can see that happening is if they assume he turned in the timeframe it took the cloud to reach the ship. However, Iroh moved a little bit when the lightning was only in the frame, only a dozen meters away
Yeah; he did sense that a strike was coming, but he still adjusted his hand to catch it while it was on-frame. I've seen some people try to refute the feat by saying he was using his hand as a lightning rod, but if that was the case, then Zuko should have been able to lure lightning to him at the end of "Bitter Work." And he later confirmed that confronting his father was the first time he caught lightning.

Do y’all think that current Gentle Criminal in Lover Mode could put up a fight against Shigaraki, based on prediction?

He casually performed a Low 7-B feat, so I’m wondering if he could stand a chance in a fight

So is Gentle's AP & LS feat only with Elasticity? Does he have any showings with just Lover mode's base strength?

So is Gentle's AP & LS feat only with Elasticity? Does he have any showings with just Lover mode's base strength?
Throwing hands with Deku

Our thing seems to be that AP wise his lovers mode is 12x stronger (or his base is 12x weaker). So base gentle wise, yeah prolly

Back