• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is a what if todoroki actually fought back against bakugo in the finals.
  • First key for both
  • Normal mindset for bakugo but todoroki has the same mindset as when he activated fire against midoriya (in other words, todoroki uses fire)
  • Assume no interference from cementos or midnight
  • Victory by incapacitation or by ring out only
Bakugo: tuaunvictor,
Todoroki: superstar, kaio1277999, Danny33wise, fluffy, poptart, therefore, soulofcinderrella
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
I think Bakugou’s fighting style is too difficult for Todoroki to counter. He can spam ice attacks, but Bakugou is super agile and can fly past them to get close and then stomp him in CQC

I think you guys are underestimating Todoroki here.

If we're talking about Todoroki with both fire and ice, he should have a low diff victory over Bakugo. Todoroki never used the full power of Heaven-Piercing Ice Wall against Bakugo, he used a smaller and controlled version of it compare to who he used against Sero. If Todoroki uses the full power, then Bakugo gets incapacitated, and he won't be able to break out.

Todoroki also has access to Flash Freeze Heatwave, and this attack is equal but inferior to 100% Deku. Bakugo's durability is only 26.67 tons and FFHW is 129.33 tons that's almost 5 times stronger than Bakugo's durability it's not a one shot, but it's going to do massive damage. Todoroki only shows slight signs of fatigue after using this attack, so I don't see why he wouldn't use it again.

If Bakugo goes for Howitzer, Todoroki can just use a giant fire blast, which he was going to use against Bakugo originally but chose not to do so. A CQC situation would be beneficial for Bakugo, but Todoroki can freeze opponents instantly with a single touch and surrounded himself in fire to keep opponents at bay.

With all these advantages, Todoroki should take this fight with little difficulty, so my vote is Todoroki.

Actually Todoroki spamming heat and fire would benefit Bakugou, as he would sweat more which would make him be able to fire off more powerful explosions

that's true but, they both know how their powers work, so Shoto wouldn't use the flames to attack Bakugo, he'll probably just use the flames to balance his body temperature and well I'll give Shoto my vote (I have a feeling that this will be long )

Bakugo shouldn't be able to get close to todoroki since he'd instantly get burned. Todoroki can do something similar to what he did with tetsutetsu except bakugo isn't tetsutestu and he'd die.

Bakugo shouldn't be able to get close to todoroki since he'd instantly get burned. Todoroki can do something similar to what he did with tetsutetsu except bakugo isn't tetsutestu and he'd die.
Bakugou can propel himself with explosions faster than Todoroki can react, same way that Bakugou was able to blitz 5% Deku with his propulsion

Bakugo is faster and more skilled than Todoroki in combat. Like Stain said, Todoroki relies on his quirk too much, so adding his fire side, which he hasn’t trained with too much in this key, isn’t a massive advantage.

Bakugo’s mobility is still way better than Todoroki’s, as he could easily catch up to him sliding on the ice with his explosions. Even being burned won’t put Bakugo down since he has a fire resistant body from his explosions, though the sudden heat will likely make him detonate his Quirk without his consent.

As long as Bakugo doesn’t get frozen, which will be difficult given he’s in the air most of the time, he should be able to outmaneuver Todoroki and overpower him.
didn't bakugo do that in season 3?
their first keys include Deku vs Bakugo round 2.
Bakugo is resistant to flames, on top of being way smarter and having better options than TetsuTestu. He can blast himself away before being burned, and he knows that Todoroki has his fire side, so he’d expect him to go for that.

Bakugo is just as good at analyzing people as Deku is. He’d understand Todoroki’s mindset with his powers, as well as see how he doesn’t move much when utilizing both fire and ice. The fire doesn’t block things for Todoroki, while the ice is too weak to stop Bakugo’s blasts.

If he tries to burn Bakugo, the force from the explosion will still hit him. His ice isn’t fast enough to catch Bakugo, especially if he’s in the air. A Flashfreeze heatwave isn’t strong enough to one shot and it assumes that Bakugo would allow that to happen when he knows that Todoroki can do that.

Howitzer Impact is the deciding thing, as we don’t know how Todoroki’s fire would interact with it. Would they clash? Would Bakugo let it off early and just blast past his fire? Would it ignite him early and hurt them both instead?

This all comes down to Todoroki’s reactions to CQC, how good he is at adapting to Bakugo’s fighting style, and how much of Todoroki’s fighting style Bakugo can get around.

In what world is sf bakugo beating sf shoto, even horikoshi himself admitted shoto would have won that battle. Giving shoto the drive to fight bakugo + his fire and ice is nothing more than a stomp in favor of shoto.

It should be noted that when shoto was fighting bakugo, he wasn't even using the full potential of his ice like he did with deku, we can't even compare shoto fight with bakugo to his fight with lida and sero. Aizawa noted that shoto wasn't in his right mind set, so did all might and even shoto himself noted this fact when all might was giving him his medal and deku also knew that shoto wasn't in his right mindset.

If flash freeze heatwave and howitzer impact where to collide, todoroki would come out as the victor, due to the rapidly cooling of the air which would honestly start nullifying bakugo own attack and the sheer repulsive force ffhw carries would be more than able to shoot bakugo out of bound.

Also, the fact that endeavor was sure that a casual fire blast from shoto would injure bakugo when todoroki caught bakugo hand is more than enough reasons for me to believe that shoto with only ice quirk and the right motivation is more than enough for him to beat bakugo mid diff and giving him his fire quirk is nothing more than a stomp.

Vote goes to shoto

What kind of arguments am I even reading here, Shoto and Bakugo literally fought each other in canon and if it wasn't for Shoto not using his Heatwave technique, he probably would have won the fight.

Since these are the same versions of that fight, the battle will follow a similar course, with the difference being that Shoto will actually use his ultimate attack at the final clash.

Which is stronger than Bakugo's, so I'm voting for Shoto.

Back