• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Throwing hands with Deku

Our thing seems to be that AP wise his lovers mode is 12x stronger (or his base is 12x weaker). So base gentle wise, yeah prolly
I meant in the leaks but thanks anyway, also Lover Mode is 24x stronger but since it was stated to grow stronger then when it was in the Cultural Festival that multiplier must be higher now

Assuming the multiplier applies to Gentle’s physical strength downscaling from his air waves strength

2740 Kilotons/24 = 114 Kilotons for Gentle, High 7-C

Interesting considering he was also able to solo an entire prison

Also going off of the feat’s portrayal, I think it does somewhat scale to AP. Since the calculation is done with PE, it’s not as if Gentle simply places an air wall and it holds it automatically. It’s depicted that Gentle is actively pushing up against it and exerting physical effort to hold it up

I think Lover mode only affect physical strength not quirk as well. Cuz if it did, base gentle's elasticity which could hurt 8% would've one-shotted him in Lover Mode back in CF and obviously that didn't happend

I think Lover mode only affect physical strength not quirk as well. Cuz if it did, base gentle's elasticity which could hurt 8% would've one-shotted him in Lover Mode back in CF and obviously that didn't happend
that's how we have it

Also going off of the feat’s portrayal, I think it does somewhat scale to AP. Since the calculation is done with PE, it’s not as if Gentle simply places an air wall and it holds it automatically. It’s depicted that Gentle is actively pushing up against it and exerting physical effort to hold it up
Maybe half of it is by the air wall and the other half is Lover mode's own strength?

I'm back. Internet got cut last week, landscapers cut some wires, and I was only able to get a connection via hotspot. However it's been fixed just in time for MHA.

As expected we're continuing off La Brava hacking and we get some insight of how La Brava hacked Skeptic's systems before. Also Skeptic has Trypophobia? Skeptic can't fight off her hacking here, she's taking over his cave and gave his location away. Though despite this she can't prevent U.A. from falling.

Hope Aizawa and the others are alright, the island they were on is completely covered with Twice. Shindo, Ms. Joke, and Hound Dog have already confronted Skeptic. And the wonderful sight of Gentle rising up to the sky is a sight to behold. Great to see him back... He's about to go Sky High and catch U.A. isn't he?

Holy crap! Horikoshi did this so well, a lot of people were talking about that one prison where no one escaped and wondered why it was never brought up again. It was the man Gentle stopping an entire prison break by himself. No Lover Mode enhancement either, this was purely base Gentle with his own strength.

Gentle not only catches the falling U.A. with a giant air trampoline, but he's physically holding it back as well. You can see him pushing back against it.

Shiggy doesn't care though, with his Quirks back he's going to decay everything. The system isn't working so the ground can't split apart to prevent it. However before Shiggy can touch the ground, a bullet is shot through his hand and rips it off. And I love to see it, because that bullet is very familiar.

The lovely Lady Nagant is back, still injured, but ready to assist with sniping from a far distance. This is the reason why I always prefer keeping characters alive for as long as possible, since stuff like this can happen. Glad to see Lady Nagant didn't survive to just to never be seen until a post credit epilogue or something.

Gentle and Lady Nagant also straight up saved the world. Izuku's still trying to breath and no one could stop decay or the falling U.A. Now we just need some back up for Endeavor and the others right now, because they could use some assistance as well. Come on Horikoshi, give me Captain Celebrity and Skycrawler.

Note: I don't believe Nagant's bullets can tear through Prime All Might level characters, nor did her bullet out speed Shiggy. His body is probably fragile right now after molting, also he wasn't moving that fast either. I can see lines around his body as he tries to touch the ground, showing he's visibly trembling.

He's likely a little unstable right now as his body is trying to get use to Shiggy being in control. He also couldn't move just seconds before.

All in all? A damn fine chapter to come back to, Horkoshi came back from this break very strong in my opinion.

I'm back. Internet got cut last week, landscapers cut some wires, and I was only able to get a connection via hotspot. However it's been fixed just in time for MHA.

As expected we're continuing off La Brava hacking and we get some insight of how La Brava hacked Skeptic's systems before. Also Skeptic has Trypophobia? Skeptic can't fight off her hacking here, she's taking over his cave and gave his location away. Though despite this she can't prevent U.A. from falling.

Hope Aizawa and the others are alright, the island they were on is completely covered with Twice. Shindo, Ms. Joke, and Hound Dog have already confronted Skeptic. And the wonderful sight of Gentle rising up to the sky is a sight to behold. Great to see him back... He's about to go Sky High and catch U.A. isn't he?

Holy crap! Horikoshi did this so well, a lot of people were talking about that one prison where no one escaped and wondered why it was never brought up again. It was the man Gentle stopping an entire prison break by himself. No Lover Mode enhancement either, this was purely base Gentle with his own strength.

Gentle not only catches the falling U.A. with a giant air trampoline, but he's physically holding it back as well. You can see him pushing back against it.

Shiggy doesn't care though, with his Quirks back he's going to decay everything. The system isn't working so the ground can't split apart to prevent it. However before Shiggy can touch the ground, a bullet is shot through his hand and rips it off. And I love to see it, because that bullet is very familiar.

The lovely Lady Nagant is back, still injured, but ready to assist with sniping from a far distance. This is the reason why I always prefer keeping characters alive for as long as possible, since stuff like this can happen. Glad to see Lady Nagant didn't survive to just to never be seen until a post credit epilogue or something.

Gentle and Lady Nagant also straight up saved the world. Izuku's still trying to breath and no one could stop decay or the falling U.A. Now we just need some back up for Endeavor and the others right now, because they could use some assistance as well. Come on Horikoshi, give me Captain Celebrity and Skycrawler.

Note: I don't believe Nagant's bullets can tear through Prime All Might level characters, nor did her bullet out speed Shiggy. His body is probably fragile right now after molting, also he wasn't moving that fast either. I can see lines around his body as he tries to touch the ground, showing he's visibly trembling.

He's likely a little unstable right now as his body is trying to get use to Shiggy being in control. He also couldn't move just seconds before.

All in all? A damn fine chapter to come back to, Horkoshi came back from this break very strong in my opinion.
Ouch, hope the internet problem isn’t as serious anymore, from experience even after it’s been “fixed” it still gets shitty sometimes

Ouch, hope the internet problem isn’t as serious anymore, from experience even after it’s been “fixed” it still gets shitty sometimes
Already been a few hours and still working good. Won't deny the possibility of something going wrong via their fix, but my connection is stable and it's just as fast.

Something funny, the landscapers who cut my wire also cut my neighbor's internet as well... While one of them was talking to me about how they accidently cut mine. It literally happened mid conversation in the background, neighbor was way more pissed about it than I was.

Already been a few hours and still working good. Won't deny the possibility of something going wrong via their fix, but my connection is stable and it's just as fast.

Something funny, the landscapers who cut my wire also cut my neighbor's internet as well... While one of them was talking to me about how they accidently cut mine. It literally happened mid conversation in the background, neighbor was way more pissed about it than I was.
Now that you’re back I can think you for find the new method for the explosions

If the older calc with Midoryia dodging Bakugou’s explosions is still good to go then It’s a slight upgrade for the people

Now that you’re back I can think you for find the new method for the explosions

If the older calc with Midoryia dodging Bakugou’s explosions is still good to go then It’s a slight upgrade for the people
I believe I explained it before. Explosions that travel more than 10 cm away are drastically reduce in speed, which is why the Nine calc is like that.

Not only that but in the manga, Izuku dodging the explosion is very hard to prove. Actually wait, what scene and calc are you talking about? My memory is failing here.

I believe I explained it before. Explosions that travel more than 10 cm away are drastically reduce in speed, which is why the Nine calc is like that.
wasn’t meant to say think it was meant to say thank, don’t ask how I got a 100 in English I can’t spell good
Not only that but in the manga, Izuku dodging the explosion is very hard to prove. Actually wait, what scene and calc are you talking about? My memory is failing here.
Bakugou vs Midoriya round 2
There are panels where it’s absolute fact he had to have dodged it otherwise he would have been blown up

The first one is 9.36 and the other one is 3.26 (F for that second one)

How much of Lover mode's strength you reckon contributed to holding up UA compared to the air trampoline? Personally I think Gentle contributed at 50% of the lift and elasticity the other 50%

How much of Lover mode's strength you reckon contributed to holding up UA compared to the air trampoline? Personally I think Gentle contributed at 50% of the lift and elasticity the other 50%
Yes he's visibly pushing up against it and you can see him at the bottom of that panel under the fortress. The fact he's trying to physically push implies that his air membrane can't hold it by itself, obviously there is no point in him doing that if his Quirk was holding it up by itself.

Also Gentle can't control the things he makes elastic with his mind or something, he isn't telekinetically pushing the air membrane up. Gentle cannot directly attack with his Quirk, his Gently Rebound for example shocked him with how powerful it was when it sent Izuku back.

It's a trampoline, the force that gets sent back is determined by how much force you ram into it. That's why he was shocked, because it showed how strong Izuku was. That's why I find giving a rating for Gentle's Quirk to be silly, similar to Flect I think his rating should be Varies with Elasticity.

Because the power that gets reflected depends on the strength of the attack. Went off topic there...

I don't know how much Gentle is physically contributing in this moment, I wouldn't be surprised if the air membrane is holding most of it back. But I wouldn't be surprised if Gentle shows some more feats in the later chapters, after they stop the U.A. fortress from falling that is.

This is a good durability feat for his air membranes though, since it can withstand this amount of power.

man, seeing Gentle and his evolution has really brought a tear to my eyes. From joke-villain to serious moral threat to Deku’s savior. Wonderful development.

Him being the one to stop that prison from being freed is a 10/10 reveal, especially since he did it with no Lover Mode, when normally he runs from fights. It shows just how much more determined and powerful he has become after facing Deku.

Also I agree that he’s clearly exerting some force to keep UA up alongside his barrier, the glow around where he’s pushing seems to indicate that he’s pushing against it with pure physical strength.

Can’t wait to see more of him and Nagant, who I think might have some more backstory on the way with how the chapter ended.

Shame that Muscular was an irredeemable psychopath otherwise could have had him jumping in here too to help fight Tomura.

Good guy Muscular would have been cool.

Wonder if Overhaul is gonna show up, try to make good on that promise Deku made to him. That would be kinda crazy.

Good guy Muscular would have been cool.

Wonder if Overhaul is gonna show up, try to make good on that promise Deku made to him. That would be kinda crazy.
Overhaul: For every villain I help arrest the fandom gets to punch me in the face one less time

I will never forgive him for robbing Mirio of his Quirk and murdering Mirai and doing that one other thing that people hated! I think he ran a gang or something?

I will never forgive him for robbing Mirio of his Quirk and murdering Mirai and doing that one other thing that people hated! I think he ran a gang or something?
He abused and experimented on Eri since her quirk came in (her blood was what made the Quirk Erasing Rounds), so a good 2 or 3 years, but yeah he did run the yakuza

Y'know, I'm absolutely loving the fact that all of these half-hearted villains are returning to help out Izuku and co. against Tomura as newborn heroes, but we still have a fully rejuvenated All For One, a Himiko-Twice, and an invigorated Dabi all in one place going up against a wounded Endeavor, a wounded Hawks (jobber), and the Jobbers of 1-A (jobbers).

I really hope Horikoshi is planning on having the two battles clash with one another in the end, because the lack of attention the latter is having is disgusting.

Back