• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Ngl if you were gonna tell me “Gentle Criminal is going to hold up the hundreds-of-thousands-of-tons colossal UA structure and keep it from falling” a week ago, I would have laughed

Second reminder;

We could have gotten away with Massively Hypersonic Nagant bullets but you were too greedy and wanted a Relativistic bullet speed to be accepted, and now I wouldn't be surprised if a thread making a rule against using momentum to get the speed is made, throwing the whole thing to the trash.
That is very likely, or at least feats like that would always be up to extreme scrutiny (which makes sense anyways).
KE is, obviously, energy in motion. While momentum is mass in motion. Considering the variations of speed of heavy objects from fiction to real life, among other things, one can see the reason for evaluating feats like that closely.
Even if you can just derive the momentum formula to determine velocity.

It seems very spiteful to make a thread just to deny an upgrade.
It's not necessarily to deny an upgrade but rather when a method is find questionable then it's going to be discussed.
It would be spiteful if a thread was never made for it, which may result for the rejection to only apply to MHA only while other verses may get away with using the same method. Making a thread about it means it can be applied to all calculations moving forward.

Though that doesn't mean it can't be a bit spiteful or have a certain degree of bias, either.

Literally, everyone here wants greater results for MHA
I personally want believable, accurate and credible results for MHA. Whether the values are high or not is of lesser importance.

Obtaining high values (or tiers in general, this doesn't always involve calculations) as the end goal is why certain pages in the wiki are subjected to mockery and mistrust, and how some of these pages portray the source material comically different.

Well, there's nothing wrong with wanting greater results in general. I'm not accusing anyone of just wanting greater results, to clarify in advance.

Wait a minute.

Ain’t no way I just did a Sky High Downgrade, and the very next day, we have Gentle replicate the “hold up a falling hero school” feat.

Am I psychic?
where are they now?
There isn't, but we can use panels like this to find how high it was located.
Damn ok I’ll just use this to find the distance Tamaki Dr. Doomed UA if it gets confirmed he did move it
I'm not even exactly blaming you for that, since the translation might have some mistakes and the calc wouldn't no longer be usable regardless if we went with the Mach 100 result (in the Japanese version, it doesn't say the bullet is stronger than a howitzer shot, is says "high-angle fire" instead).
I’m kinda sad we had to do that, but I understand the reasoning behind what we had to do and why it couldn’t be accepted because of the second part

speed downgrade from MHS+, possibly FTL to Athletic human with baseline supersonic combat speed. :)
spongebobmeme.jpg

That verse is lucky I don't know too much about calculations otherwise I'd probably find a flaw in that High 7-C Sky High catch feat.

But yes, I absolutely gutted their speed scaling. Cause it was bad.

That verse is lucky I don't know too much about calculations otherwise I'd probably find a flaw in that High 7-C Sky High catch feat.

Damn, so the next MHA physical statistics CRT is going jump a tier but downgrade the speed?

In celebration would you like to see what happens when we wank THE ****.. I mean, reasonably estimate the size of the two heroes cube or simplify the faux 100% feat from all those panel shots to just.
The single panel confirmed he used it in (named one) and the one right before it

You could just send that shit to Therefir for him to tear it apart, granted he's not busy

Back