• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Like bro, they have Season 1 Aang scaling to Korra.

Why in the **** is season 1 Aang comparable to Korra, who has had 3x his training and 3 elements mastered before she even starts her adventure. Did I miss something
Didn’t Iroh literally bend natural lightning
yes. Now tell me how he did it, how fast he reacted when he did it, and then who scales to Iroh’s reaction speed.

Like for all we know, unless there’s a novel or I’m forgetting a scene from the show, Iroh does not catch natural lightning on screen. It’s a statement for how he did lightning bending.

For all we know he just stood on a mountain in his pose until lightning struck him and he used bending on it while it was in him and never reacted to the literal bolt of lightning.

Was it ever stated that Lightning produced by Firebender are the same as natural lightning either? Cuz we could have another Kaminari situation on our hands

Why in the **** is season 1 Aang comparable to Korra, who has had 3x his training and 3 elements mastered before she even starts her adventure. Did I miss something
Aang has similar training but in terms of elements yeah Korra whooped him
yes. Now tell me how he did it, how fast he reacted when he did it, and then who scales to Iroh’s reaction speed.
shrug
Was it ever stated that Lightning produced by Firebender are the same as natural lightning either?
no

Like bro, they have Season 1 Aang scaling to Korra.

Good point. I agree with downgrade.

I mean I’m just sayin that there are a few points for lightning bending being real lightning, like it causing electrolysis and causing muscle contraction and stuff
Kaminari’s electricity does all of that too, don’t get me started bro.

Also I actually did find a scene where he bends lightning from the sky, maybe this can be calced, but he was getting into his pose way before the lightning is even in frame, and doesn’t really react to it super fast. Maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see in the thread.

I mean I’m just sayin that there are a few points for lightning bending being real lightning, like it causing electrolysis and causing muscle contraction and stuff
The minimum voltage required for electrolysis is incomparably smaller than an actual lightning bolt and causing muscle contraction is something any decently strong electricity should realistically do, these alone are not proof of lightning speed

Kaminari’s electricity does all of that too, don’t get me started bro.

Also I actually did find a scene where he bends lightning from the sky, maybe this can be calced, but he was getting into his pose way before the lightning is even in frame, and doesn’t really react to it super fast. Maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see in the thread.

He does turn his body 90 degrees in the time that it takes the lightning to travel 15 meters or so. I could try calcing this

No clue how this would be subsonic ☠️ only way I can see that happening is if they assume he turned in the timeframe it took the cloud to reach the ship. However, Iroh moved a little bit when the lightning was only in the frame, only a dozen meters away
It looks like the calc was lost in time, but I'm willing to recalculate it if someone has interest in changing the Avatar profiles.

I don’t think so
Atleast, I’ll be here so ”nobody” won’t include me
Well, I mean, except if MHA become something like Bleach where no matter the ******* year the fanbase looks like hyped as if the series keep going, after some years probably everyone is gonna forgot since will there nothing new to revise

Back