• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
Yes, I hate Bakugo enough that I can't even let him have this over Deku.

Before I start do keep in mind I still think Bakugo should be scaling faster than Complete Shigaraki (Quirkless), but not with the current explanation he has, which has been bugging me for a while ever since I saw it on the profile.

I believe this reasoning on his profile "far higher with Cluster (Blitzed Complete Shigaraki and landed a hit on him before he could even react)" is incorrect for a number of reasons and should be changed for something else.

First of all, I don't think he actually blitzed Shigaraki, instead he just took him by surprise, the reason I say that is because after Bakugo's first attack on Shigaraki, the latter instantly knew the location of the former and responded accordingly with an attack with his right arm, with Bakugo even having to use prediction skills by mentioning "right side" in order to dodge said attack properly.

If you look closely at the panel, the distance Shigaraki's arm moved and the distance Bakugo moved is almost identical, which wouldn't make any sense if Bakugo could really "blitz him before he could react", it would be implying Shigaraki's arm movements could blitz himself.

Furthermore, we already know how Shigaraki truly reacts when he actually gets blitzed, he says "What's he doing to me?! Where'd he go?!" or "Perhaps it's too fast to perceive", statements that he didn't bring up when he was supposedly being blitzed by Bakugo, and keep in mind that he always was aware of Bakugo's location at every given moment, even when Bakugo went behind him, that's why he was able to eventually hit Bakugo before this one could finish his last attack.

In addition to that, we have this statement from Edgeshot, who while praising Bakugo's speed, merely stated that his movements "had even Shigaraki flustered", which is quite far from "blitzing him before he could even react".

For all of this, I believe this next reasoning should be more accurate to what actually happened and what was actually stated in the manga:

"far higher with Cluster (Obtained enough speed to take Complete Shigaraki by total surprise, dodging the villain's attacks and even making him feel nervous and threatened for a moment. His speed was praised by All Might, and he even managed to surpass Rewind All For One's speed and catch up with him despite the latter having a clear advantage in distance)

Back