• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Murphy's Law: Chapter 2 - Creation's a B****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Fade in:

Ext. Streets of Tokyo Japan - Night

A fair skinned woman with white hair stands above her foes. She is wearing a complex military garb straight out of the ones you see in those superhero flicks. She looks smug. Looks like the kind of girl who could walk into a bar and leave with more than what she came in with. Her name is ALTAIR, and she's ready rid the world that so generously brought her to life. Another girl, red; clad in what could only be described behind the closed doors of a 2 star motel, struggles to get on her feet.

ALTAIR Stay down. Your efforts are futile.
As the dame in red attempts to speak, she suddenly feels the world fade to black. Black and white, actually. ALTAIR turns around and sees a man.

He is clad in a white-collared shirt, with his trademark trilby hat topped on his head. We can see his shoulder-strapped holster; it carries a .44 magnum. A bent cigarette rests between his lips.

His name is MURPHY, and he is ready to give anyone a taste of the law. He is crude, but cool — with the sort of attitude your pa would detest, yet respect.

MURPHY Listen here Miss, there ain't gonna be no world breaking while I'm around. The world you may have came from might be fiction, but the heat I'm packin' is very, very, real.
Base versions for both. Speed equalized. Win via SBA.

Altair, Re-Creators
Murphy shade

She resists plot manip to my knowledge.

Murphy negates plot manip resistance. It's a battle of who's plot manip works better.

WeeklyBattles said:
Monika resisted plot manip too ad look what heppened to her
Except Monika's Plot Manip resistance is only to break out of the game's script and not be controlled whereas Altair ROFLd the efforts of multiple Creators who could create multiple universes as well beings transcendental to all of Time and Space. She was resisted the efforts of being controlled by all the writers in the country powered by the audience even when she was trapped in the Conceptual space of Birdcage and instead hijacked it.

Plus, Altair already has passive 4D Causality and Plot Manip and if the new CRT goes through, she'll be getting a huge upgrade and new powers and resistance.

However, currently for this match, literally everything Murphy has is resisted by Altair or gets negged or outright fails.

Plot Manip: Gets resisted hard

Mind and Memory Manip: Passive Causality Manipulation that works of Type 4 Acausals says hi

Technology Manip: Does nothing

Reality Warping: Altair has resisted the Restorative Powers of the Universe so GG

Higher Dimensional Manipulation: Assuming Murphy does bring Altair into 2D and forces narrative upon her, it's really not doing anything to a Type 1 Abstract since her Abstraction is present on a 2-C scale even as a low 7-c. she'll just pop up again in the Universe.

Whereas Altair can Info Rewrite him, Power Null him, Absorb and Overwrite his concept which would bypass his Type 8 since his type 8 is the same as Sirius who got Kek'd by her, Fate and Probability hax him, copy his power or duplicate another Murphy to fight for her, info rewrite her ownself to get resistances to his powers,etc

RM97 said:
Plus new CRT is getting her Resistance to Resistance Negation. So GG.
I mean, that really doesn't change that all we're going to do is compare the hax used to the resistances in question. "Resisting Resistance Negation" only works up until a certain point like any other Resistance.

That said, I don't think Murphy can control the plot of a multiverse; although I'm not entirely sure that's a valid way to compare 'plots'.

To be specific, she resisted Sirius's resistance negation which negated Altair's resistance to powernull and Altair could easily resist two layers of null that's more potent than the entire Universe trying to null her.

I said 2-B because the Creators can create stories/verses with Millions of Universes and place a Narrative Causality upon them that completely governs and controls every aspect of them.

But again, the CRT is in progress. Even disregarding the CRT stuffs and going by what's in the profiles, I honestly don't see how Murphy has any wincon here. He'll either need at least a 2-C ranged Mindhax to wipe out the memories of everyone who knew Altair and created stories about her to destroy her Abstraction or he'll need Type 2 concept hax or a 2-C ranged Type 3 concept hax to destroy her concept. Simply plot haxxing or trapping her in 2D world won't work at all.

RM97 said:
To be specific, she resisted Sirius's resistance negation which negated Altair's resistance to powernull and Altair could easily resist two layers of null that's more potent than the entire Universe trying to null her.
"So I heard you liked resistances, so I got some resistances for your resistance to resistance negation"

Again, I don't think 'layers of resistance' matters as much as the level of the hax being used, although comparing something like plot manipulation is hard to say the least.

I think with that in mind though it's fair to say that Murphy's p l o t fails here, though. Which probably makes this a stomp as him 'flattening' Altair likely just results in Altair ripping him a new one since she isn't otherwise influenced by his plot shenanigans.

Fade in:

Our hero, MURPHY, is down on one knee. A sword is impaled right through his upper abdomen. It stings like hot whisky downed with a side of nails.

MURPHY Urgh... This seems like the end for me. Always wanted to know how this feels like. ALTAIR Pathetic. Begone.
ALTAIR waves her hand, sending our protagonist away fading; blissfully returning him to the void from whence all things came from.

We see as the woman's prior victims look up in dread, as all hope faded like our failed protagonist.

Is this the end of MURPHY LAWDEN...?

Fade out.

Credits:

ALTAIR played by... HERSELF MURPHY LAW played by... HIMSELF GIRL IN RED played by... SELESIA UPITIRIA FRED TAKAHASHI played by... FRED NARRATOR played by... SIR OVENS Somewhere in the distance, trouble brews...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back