• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most iconic characters for every tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mowgli cannot atomize people to death or regenerate from his mind, so no one gives a shit about him.

Would Dante (Devil May Cry) count as a High 6-A character for this list? He's not exactly always been the most famous character ever, but recently in particular with the ridiculously anticipated Devil May Cry 5 he's become incredibly recognisable. Not quite as much as Sonic, per say, but I would still consider him far more iconic than any other High 6-A character (maybe Saitama as well? Not quite as sure about that though).

Dante is again more so popular amongst gamers; not among non-gamers. Sonic on the other hand is very popular even amongst non-gamers.

DarkGrath said:
Would Dante (Devil May Cry) count as a High 6-A character for this list?
Nah, he IS popular at least in gaming, but outside of that he falls short.

Also, Samus' most iconic key is her 5-B key. And Donkey Kong is quite Iconic for 6-B. Also, Lara Croft is quite iconic given all the adds she's been in in the 90's at least.

Jasonsith said:
Surprised nothing for 11-A
Could Bill Cipher be added for 11-A perhaps? He's not exactly the most popular character ever, but there are very few notable characters in tier 11 and he's one of the most notable.

Kaltias said:
Also i'd say that Sauron is more iconic than Gandalf, and even then neither is iconic as a High 3-A as much as they are in the lower keys
It might just be me, but Gandalf and Frodo have always been the faces of the series, not Sauron. But the Eye of Sauron is a pretty iconic image in of itself so I think either him or Gandalf are fine.

There is also the fact that both are High 3-A only during a portion of the Silmarillion, they are 6-B during every other book.

So even for a book reader the 6-B version is more iconic

She's not quite as iconic as him or Luke; just saying that's her most iconic key.

and Jason is brought up every Friday the 13th and Halloween

Honestly any and all of the iconic slashers could fit that spot, except maybe Leatherface

Also Krueger has a holiday?

9-B is already too packed with many iconic characters for them to have a shot

Geralt I also doubt would get a spot if his status as an icon is limited to mainly one country.

I am, but I have a Greek-Russian friend who used to send me a bunch of Greek and Russian media, like Nu, pogodi, Cheburashka and The Black Corsair (the latter of which is apparently Italian, though).

Cheburashka was my favorite.

Anyways, the list got updated.

By the way, shoul I add some Dr. Seuss characters to the list?

Alright so ima bump my own verse for a second

Strahd von Zarovich has been consistently one of the most iconic D&D villains since the game's inceptio, so for over 40 years, and has appeared in every edition except for 4th because 4e was garbage. So I am suggesting him for Low 7-B.

Also The Lady for High 2-A and 2-A alike. I'd suggest other gods that everyone worth their salt playing D&D has heard of, like Corellon Larethia and Vecna, but ehhhh.

Elminster and Mordenkaine are also candidates for their tiers (both are likely moving up to 7-B or 6-B at some point though). The former is the source material for comics, books, magazine articles, and an unfortunate pair of skins on Fortnite. The latter is literally the main character of the guy who invented D&D and is the most important figure of the original setting of Greyhawk. No joke both have an absurd amount of content written on them.

I have never heard of any of them other than LoP and Vecna, Bambu. It didn't help that I only played Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate.

Well then yeah you never played D&D. Mordenkaine and Elminster even have pretty extensive Wikipedia pages denoting all their stuff.

The most iconic characters are known about even if you've never watched,read or played what they originate from.

I don't think they should be added if they aren't recognizable outside of the DnD playerbase.

I'd never heard of a good amount of the characters up there before arriving here though

TOAA, Madoka, Agumon, list goes o

TOAA is only there because of how small Tier 0 is. I still think Azathoth is more recognizable though, since it's been in a ton of media.

I think we agreed on replacing Madoka with Galactus for 2-A.

you cannot tell me you've never heard of Agumo Agumon gets kind of a free pass for being super iconic around the world, like Latin America, Europe, Japan and South East Asia, and is still pretty iconic in the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back