• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most iconic characters for every tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azathoth is 100% more noticeable

And no I've literally never heard of Agumon before coming here. Like I vaguely knew Digimon existed somewhere out in the reaches of other not-Pokemon-or-Yugioh stuff, along with Bakugon and Beyblade and stuff.

I legit never heard anything about TOAA outside of vs debating related stuff tbh.

Obviously that's also because i'm not a comic person, but at least I roughly knew who Azathoth was back when I wasn't into vs debating.

I knew about TOAA when I didn't know what an Azathot was. Tho that's purely due to random chance.

Azzy should take this actually, he gets referenced in other pieces of media a lot more than One Above All.

Andytrenom said:
Azzy should take this actually, he gets referenced in other pieces of media a lot more than One Above All.
But who (whoever a Tier 0 character is) gets the most notice among the whole audience as the "all-powerful" being?

Jasonsith said:
Is Phoenix Ikki most iconic for 6-B, 4-A, 3-C or High 3-A?

And Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken) for High 6-C, Low 6-B or 6-B? (Oh there is a vacancy at low 6-B)
And I believe Ikki and Ken should get a place somewhere

Jasonsith said:
But who (whoever a Tier 0 character is) gets the most notice among the whole audience as the "all-powerful" being?
Probably this guy.

Don't think that being iconic as the "all-powerful" being should be a criteria.

What should matter is simply being iconic in general, the general public doesn't care about power levels

also I'd never heard of Kenshiro before coming here either, aside from his meme.

Not sure the meme counts, though. I have no idea on the source material of tons of memes.

yeah Dio is also a guy I hadn't heard of until this site

he really isn't that iconic

Updated the list.

Also, I personally don´t think Darkseid or any D&D characters are iconic to my knowledge.

Darkseid or most any other Superman villain is hardly iconic compared to Lex Luthor. Though, I don't think General Zod is too far off.

Luthor, Zod, Brainiac and Bizarro are the only Superman villains I can think of that are really iconic. Myxlplyx, Cyborg Superman, Soloman Grundy and Darkseid are borderline cases, since they appear in a lot of cartoons and other media. His other villains like Metallo, Toyman and Mongul are kind of iconic, but not really enough for this list.

The only D&D character I'd consider iconic is The Dungeon Master.

They are popular and all, but iconic? I can see it for Luthor, but the rest aren´t iconic as far I know.

Darkanine said:
The only D&D character I'd consider iconic is The Dungeon Master.
I agree with this.

From my ignorance on the series, I just thought that it had generic fantasy races (Dwarves, Elves, Orks, et cetera) that you choose and the Dungeon Master wrote a quest for them to go on.

All of these divine beings were completely unbeknownst to me.

Bobsican said:
Luminous Being isn´t really known of outside of the fanbase itself tho.
Not as the Luminous Being, but as a Dungeon Master?

That name is very well-known and iconic in "Geek Culture".

Dungeon Master, at least as a concept, has been parodied, referenced and joked at throughout media since as far as I can remember. It's basically the staple of traditional role-playing in general.

AFAIK, Luminous Being is the "lore" name of the Dungeon Master, but they are the same.

I think it's like calling a Werewolf a Lycanthrope, both names are valid, but more is "more official".

Yes of course. The universe isn't real and the earth is flat. Did no one teach you that in school.

The problem of adding real world stuff is... well..., that they aren´t characters and if composite human was denied, so should the rest not be allowed in.

I complained about him because he isn't an iconic character not because he's from the real world. Tho I agree with not allowing real world characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back