• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moriarty destroys Accelerator with Facts and Logic

I'm gonna try a truly unique match that I haven't done before. Can Moriarty get around Accelorator's abilities?

The Napolean of Crime vs A Guy who Can do Math really fast in his head.

I'm currently going with Post Headshot Accel but if the time limit weakness is too exploitable (of course, Accel can probably deal with this weakness) or he turns out to be too powerful then I'll change it to a different key.

Both have basic intel but are free to research further and 7 years of prep. Speed is Equalized. The Counter Force is not restricting Moriarty's ability to destroy The World

Accelerator.full.869004
Archer of shinjuku fan art 2

Or at least until either side is defeated. There's no set time limit on his wings.

What type of things can Moriarty do?

He can do the math fast enough in his head without out sourcing it? How?

Because his head doesn't do it.

His wings do.

It is passive iirc, and it doesnt need to stop him from thinking, the negative effcet will just be redirected away from him

SWeeklyBattles said:
It is passive iirc, and it doesnt need to stop him from thinking, the negative effcet will just be redirected away from him
So basically the negative damage gets redirected back towards Accelerator?

What's stopping Accel from just launching him into space from the ground up? Use gravity at his feet to split off a massive chunk of Earth and just thwip it off Gaia.

Accelerate420 said:
What's stopping Accel from just launching him into space from the ground up? Use gravity at his feet to split off a massive chunk of Earth and just thwip it off Gaia.
Getting chucked into space? Sounds like a negative outcome to me. Also, Moriarty can almost certainly find a counter measure to that with his prep

WeeklyBattles said:
Also im surprised no one made Moriarty vs Funny Valentine yet
I just didnt think of that lol. I'll make that next, but it will almost certainly be inconclusive unless I give them both prep, in which case that would be a shit show lol

Would I be allowed to say that Valentine is allowed to use his political power within his prep time just like Moriarty is allowed to use his criminal empire?

There are different levels of High Stamina.

If Accel has better stamina feats then he can eventually outlast James until he can't fight anymore

Considering Accel can literally stand there and do nothing and be fine, he's doing stuff that's far less physically tasking then what James is doing.

Scrlk666777 said:
Accel doesn't really need stammia though as he can just literally stand there and just use remote control vectors.
Moriarty is a math professor and was smart enough to find a way around the counter force, basically creating an alternate universe with prep time, just cuz he wanted to prove he could destroy The World. If he, over the course of several years, cannot find a way to get around the vectors, then he just nukes the planet. Keep in mind that even if the bullets get vector'd, they will still move right back in on Accel's position.

Schnee One said:
Anyway
Who has the better stamina of the two? That determines the match.
Accel has better feats of fighting while injured but Moriarty, scaling from other servants, should be able about as long as he needs to as long as he has a good mana supply

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Scrlk666777 said:
Accel doesn't really need stammia though as he can just literally stand there and just use remote control vectors.
Moriarty is a math professor and was smart enough to find a way around the counter force, basically creating an alternate universe with prep time, just cuz he wanted to prove he could destroy The World. If he, over the course of several years, cannot find a way to get around the vectors, then he just nukes the planet. Keep in mind that even if the bullets get vector'd, they will still move right back in on Accel's position.
>Nuke the planet

>Redirect the nuke

Your move Teach. Even if 'bullets' were to move right back in on him, they'd just redirect back endlessly. This is either an incon or BFR for Accel by just lifting the entire landscape he's on and tossing it into space via gravity and remote vectors.

Nuke in the metaphorical sense. Maybe he'll just fire an amped asteroid into the earth again. His NP is literally the concept of planetary destruction, and the only thing that was stopping him from destroying it with prep is the counter force. He managed to create an alternate reality via his fuckery, so indirectly destroying the planet shouldn't be a problem. If he keeps the knowledge out of Accel's mind, he can probably pull off the exact same plan as before.

BFR won't work because that's a negative outcome.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Nuke in the metaphorical sense. Maybe he'll just fire an amped asteroid into the earth again. His NP is literally the concept of planetary destruction, and the only thing that was stopping him from destroying it with prep is the counter force. He managed to create an alternate reality via his fuckery, so indirectly destroying the planet shouldn't be a problem. If he keeps the knowledge out of Accel's mind, he can probably pull off the exact same plan as before.
BFR won't work because that's a negative outcome.
>Toss amped asterioid

>Vector it away or just atomize it with danmaku wings

Either way this match up seems pretty dumb. 'Avoid all negative outcomes'. How do you hit him then? The only way I can think Accel does this is not affecting him directly, and that's by tossing the landscape up into the air with him on it, so technically the outcome is not directed to him. Unless you say he can just magically teleport back to Earth after an entire landscape is tossed into space away from Gaia. This seems it's either a hard incon or just an immediate stomp since Accelerator literally cannot do anything to him in this key and all he can do is wait for the planet to get nuked.

It's not tossed. Its loaded into a canon tower somewhere in japan or Europe. And again, Moriarty would be very careful to make sure that Accel doesnt know about it. This fight would be taking place in central park. He just needs to set up his device ahead of time.

Oh, you can hurt him. You can injure and damage him, since these are not really considered "fates" or "outcomes." The best way to think about it is that Moriarty will never have to deal with the consequences of his actions. Moriarty gets into a fight? Sure he may be damaged but he can at least escape with his life, or claim victory despite terrible odds (usually via coming up with some grand plan). He causes a major global economic collapse? He will still be completely financially stable. He even seemed certain that when he nuked the planet he wouldn't have much to worry about.

Then it's a stomp. All of Accel's attacks are fatal and if he can't override that Law then it's a stomp and he just waits until the planet is destroyed, so it's one sided.

Eh, not quite. There are ways around it. He lost in Shinjuku due to him having a personal attachment to Ritsuka, so he didnt put his whole heart into it. I'll check up on the context a bit more, but it seems like if he has a weakness where he (due to his heartless existence in life) has a poor time accounting for any attachments he forms. He essentially can be tricked into self sabotaging on a subconscious level with inverse power of friendship.

Moriarty is actually going to need to form some kind of emotional attachment for his plan to work, so if accel uses his prep to find who it was and exploit that, then he has a win condition.

This is one of the reasons I gave them both prep. Accel isnt going to be able to vector manip himself to a win, he will need to try and set something up

If this is in character, he'd never do that, so it's a stomp. Bloodlust I don't think he'd consider it a factor. Black Wings means he's already trying to kill but he's not so far gone as to kill innocents just because it might help him win.

It's a stomp. Black Wings has barely any rational thought to go that far so prep is irrelevant.

Pre would be even worse of a stomp. Post could likely make Mori run out of mana quickly by preventing him from gaing any from leylines by cutting any connection attempts with his vectors via Qliphah back-tracing. Clonoth would probably bypass the passive entirely via Clonoth's anti-magic capabilities, as it's likely akin to Aleister's 'Will' and is capable of overcoming Magic from ISIS and Osiris, Mori would certainly be a resident of Osiris so he'd likely get gibbed, but I'm sure people can argue the passive will still protect spears meant to counter even Magic Gods.

But in general this seems like a bad match up since his passive leaves little room for anything to be done. Qliphah would figure it out quick enough and they'd run him dry, though I assume Madness manipulation wouldn't effect him and make him drain his 'fuel' fast enough. Meaning if Mori caught on to the antics he'd probably just nuke the place. Making it a stomp if Accel cannot out-last.

He has Intel. One of the things he should do on his enemy is research the **** out of him. Servants are actually notoriously easy to gain intel on once you know their true name(s), since you can literally find almost all of their weaknesses and strengths at any library assuming you don't already know the legends they come from. Accel knows he is fighting James Moriarty, so time to pick up the sherlock holmes novels. He knows that Moriarty is also fused with Max the freeshooter, who's emotional attachments play a key role I'm the play he comes from. This is why Servants are often so insistent on hiding their true name.

Also, aren't the magic gods like 11D? I'll change it to post head shot accel

11D has nothing to do with Spears that deny the very Aeon your life-force is a part of. It's a gib that denies Aeons. His spear would've killed Neph if it hit her regardless of her position as a Magic God even nerfed and her Magic could no longer affect nor reach him.

Accelerator still would never target anyone he has an emotional attachment to in any form just to win.

Back