• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Morgoth vs. Abeloth

All of Arda is Morgoth's ring. Not "The One Ring". In his True Form as Morgoth, he could: Exist in a realm without Discord, and was able to comprehend it. Create the concept of Discord in the Anulindalë. Exist beyond linear time and the physical universe.

Yeah that's not really a thing that's applicable for granting resistance

A lot of creator god types don't have mind resistance. Oryx, the Taken King can manipulate the laws and concepts of the ascendant realm with his mere presence, killed and took the power of the beings that formerly defined it, has killed countless Gods in the past, and is a god even when compared to other Hive Gods. He outsmarted his sister, the goddess of cunning, as well as outsmarting the Vex, a species that's basically nigh omniscent and can simulate infinite universes. Oryx's will alone is very potent lawhax. And yet, with all that, his mental resistance is for a totally unrelated reason. It's kinda weird, but we have to do it like that here to keep things quantifiable.

Wokistan said:
A lot of creator god types don't have mind resistance. Oryx, the Taken King can manipulate the laws and concepts of the ascendant realm with his mere presence, killed and took the power of the beings that formerly defined it, has killed countless Gods in the past, and is a god even when compared to other Hive Gods. He outsmarted his sister, the goddess of cunning, as well as outsmarting the Vex, a species that's basically nigh omniscent and can simulate infinite universes. Oryx's will alone is very potent lawhax. And yet, with all that, his mental resistance is for a totally unrelated reason. It's kinda weird, but we have to do it like that here to keep things quantifiable.
It's weird for a reason, though. Something like this seems like it should be unquantifiable.

Unquantifiable feats < quantifiable ones

And due to that, it is not valid for giving a resistance on the order of 100 quadrillion beings. You seem to be ignoring that Abeloth is superior to gods anyways.

Wokistan said:
And due to that, it is not valid for giving a resistance on the order of 100 quadrillion beings. You seem to be ignoring that Abeloth is superior to gods anyways.
Abeloth is superior to the gods of her universe. I'm more or less wondering why I argued against Abeloth instead of pointing out, that this should be an inconclusive match in the first place.

This should be an unquantifiable battle, due to the fact I see no proof Abeloth can Mind Hax Morgoth.

Mindhax is quantifiable by the numerical value. Morgoth doesn't have feats on that level? Morgoth, barring a few very specific scanerios, gets mindhaxxed. That is the standard we use here, you can try to change it in a CRT but you're not gonna get far.

Wokistan said:
Mindhax is quantifiable by the numerical value. Morgoth doesn't have feats on that level? Morgoth, barring a few very specific scanerios, gets mindhaxxed. That is the standard we use here, you can try to change it in a CRT but you're not gonna get far.
I don't understand why it works that way, because the way I see it, Morgoth is the superior to any amount of mortals. One hundred quadrillion or one shouldn't matter with something as different from their standards as Morgoth.

Make a thread about it in content revision, but I doubt you'll get that far.

The only case I can think of like that that we accept that's not higher dimensional is Drach'nye, because it doesn't really have a conventional mind in the first place, existing as the concept of human murder. Not something you can really mindhax. It's also got feats.

Wokistan said:
The only case I can think of like that that we accept that's not higher dimensional is Drach'nye, because it doesn't really have a conventional mind in the first place, existing as the concept of human murder. Not something you can really mindhax. It's also got feats.
How about this: Morgoth has all the power of the Valar, including Lorien/Irmo, the Valar of Dreams.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Irmo

Back