• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More DMC Revisions

We will not have many changes in the item addition or removal of skills, but one thing that has always caught my eye on Dante's profile is that his skills are not separated by version, unlike characters like Kratos, from God of war

So I decided to try this little review, I think it will be easier to understand each version of the character with the skills properly separated, and being cumulative to Dante's arsenal

So let's begin with...

- DMC3 Dante

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Skilled actor, musician, and athlete, Enhanced Senses (Enhanced Sixth), Energy Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation (Fire & Wind with Agni & Rudra, Ice with Cerberus, Electricity with Nevan), Darkness Manipulation (Via Manga's Majin Form), Light Manipulation with Beowulf, Time Slow (With Quicksilver), Regenerationn (At least Low-Mid, though it works almost instantaneously), Self-Duplication with Doppelganger style, Can survive without oxygen and in a vacuum, Superhuman Willpower, Soul Absorption (Can absorb the powers of other demons and fashion them into relics), Statistics Amplification with Devil Trigger and Majin Form, Transformation in the form of Devil Trigger and Majin Form, Flight via Nevan's Devil Trigger, Self-Healing via the Royalguard Style and Devil Trigger, Bat Manipulation via Nevan, Can harm Intangible beings, Can transmute the souls of dead demons into weapons, Attack Reflection with Royal Guard, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Blood Manipulation, Poison, Illusions, Spatial Manipulation via Rebellion.

- DMC 1 Dante

All previous abilities, Telekinesis, Levitation, Eletricity Manipulation and Minor Precognition via Alastor Blade, Hellfire Manipulation with Ifrit (Its hellfire is hotter than a volcano), Time Stop with Bangle of Time, Resistance to Fear Manipulation (via his Fight against Nightmare), Hellfire (resisted the first encounter with Ifrit) and Time Stop (Scalling from his father powers, which he have in Sparda DT)

- Anime Dante

All Previous abilities, Holy Manipulation with Rebellion (Removed a demon from Elena Houston, only by throwing Rebellion at her), Resistance to Holy Manipulation (resisted Allan Lowell's spell that react to Demonic Power and then turn them to ashes)

- DMC4 Dante

All previous abilities, Teleportation (With Trickster), Explosion Manipulation with Lucifer (Dante can control the explosions whenever he wants.), Minor Transmutation with Gilgamesh ( Gilgamesh absorbs organic material and transforms it to steel),Transformation in the form of Dreadnaught via royalguard Style, Spatial Manipulation via Yamato (The sword is said to be able to cut through anything, even the very fabric of space itself), Summoning with Lucifer (Can summon Swords)

- DMC2 Dante

All Previous abilities, Elemental Manipulation (Ice with Frost Heart, Electricity with Electro Heart), Fire Manipulation with Flame Heart (it also heals Dante from fire damage), Time slow (via Chrono Heart), Statistics Amplification with The Quick Heart and Offence Heart (They amplify his speed and strength tenfold), Enhanced Flight via The Aerial Heart, Enhanced Self-Healing (with The Healing Heart)

So, that's it, just a minor revision, I probably made some mistakes, maybe in the resistances, so I'm asking for your help

--> Links

- Ifrit being hotter than a volcano: http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Ifrit#cite_note-0

- Yamato Spatial Manipulation: http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Yamato

- Lucifer Summoning and Explosion manipulation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc

- Gilgamesh Transmutation: http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Gilgamesh#cite_note-0

Now, for some content revision, one in specific:

In Dante's profile:

"Can induce mental incapacitation via dark voids"

...well

Almost nobody says something about this skill, and it's linked to Mind Manipulation is his profile, but, in DMC wiki, we can have another interpretation for this:

"Apart from gameplay, in the manga, Dante has been shown to revert any being to its original state (1). This is seen when Dante used his own darkness to horrify Alice in a mental trap (2), which may prove that Dante is much more demonic and less human in his Majin form."

Link: http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Majin_Form

1 - Dante in Majin Form can revert beings to the original state, this, in possesed humans, it's Holy Manipulation, it's kinda a exorcism

2 - Dante's appareance in Majin can induce Fear even into Demons:

https://mangatown.secure.footprint....b9f97d1779cdde6101986fbcaac7b9&ttl=1525201200

Not a Mind Manip, but a very strong Fear Inducement

So, Holy Manipulation for his Majin Form, available even for DMC3 Dante

-- Sound Feats

In the anime, Dante could resist Demon Elena Houston Sound based attacks

-->https://youtu.be/dpAhKSWZWcs

In DMC3, Nevan is described as a Devil Arm that attack with Sound Blasts:

--> DMC wiki about Nevan:

"Every end chord that Dante plays generates a sound blast, which distorts the space around him, and will inflict damage on opponents within range. For most attacks, like "Nevan Combo I & II" and "Reverb Shock," the sound blast is extremely focused and secondarily releases the bats to attack the opponent. Other attacks like "Nevan Combo III," "Jam Session," and "Crazy Roll," will devastate opponents all around Dante. Some attacks, such as "Bat Riff", do not have en end chord. "

So, Nevan can even distort space with this Sound Blasts, and Dante seems fine using it

So, Sound Manipulation via Nevan and Resistance to Sound Manipulation for his DMC3 key. It is vague if Dante can withstand attacks based on sound waves still in DMC3, but at least in the Anime he has made that kind of feat

So Sound resistance for his Anime Key at least

The abilities' separation seems good, although DMC2 Dante doesn't have Yamato 'cause he gave it to Nero in DMC4, and DMC3 Dante has Teleportation with Trickster as well.

Fear Inducement for Majin Dante should be fine IMO, but I'll wait for more input.

Yes, no Yamato for DMC2 Dante, but if someone want to use composite Dante, if that's possible, then it is there

I did not remember the Teleportation to the Trickster Style in DMC3, good point

I was watching DMC anime, precisely on episode 6, Rock Queen, and noticed something

Demon Elena attacks with Sound Based skills, just like Sindel from MK, and Dante was unfazed by these kind of Attack

What kind of resistance would be ? Resistance to "Sound Manipulation" ?

The other guy who got hit was bleeding, so I guess the damage was done via physical means (shockwave of some sort) rather than hax.

He could hey hit by all of those things flying around or hitting the wall, there are some possibilities

I'm still not clearly bought on Dante being resistant to Sound Manipulation, so I think it would be better for others to give their input.

There are other Sound Feats:

DMC wiki about Nevan:

• Every end chord that Dante plays generates a sound blast, which distorts the space around him, and will inflict damage on opponents within range. For most attacks, like "Nevan Combo I & II" and "Reverb Shock," the sound blast is extremely focused and secondarily releases the bats to attack the opponent. Other attacks like "Nevan Combo III," "Jam Session," and "Crazy Roll," will devastate opponents all around Dante. Some attacks, such as "Bat Riff", do not have en end chord.
Nevan have Sound Blasts that can even distort Space, lol

And Dante is fine with that, playing it freely

This seems pretty fine. I was gonna do something like this when I got done playing the games.

Yeah, I forgot to make this clear

DMC2 Dante would be like: "All previous abilities, except for Yamato"

Anyway, maybe he gets Spatial Manipulation via Nevan, I don't know

Dante's mind manip resistanc comes from him resisting the mind altering effects of...a fodder demon

Dante scales to Vergil who was capable of resisting ilusions that drive normal people to madness

Allan Lowell spell comes from the Anime, this spell react to Demonic Power, and Dante wasn't affected, despite having a massive Demonic Power

Even a Demon as strong as a Human gets burned

i think its fine to split them up and remove yamato though if composite should be fine.

Mind even to fodder demons should be fine if that's what happens. Holy and fear inducement seems ok i think

I double what Matthew said. Just because the weapon is referred to as "holy" doesn't mean it is holy. However I'd like more explanation about Fear Inducement for Majin Dante. From what I recall, it is capable of affecting both humans and demons and I see no other way to interpret it, although I admit the whole thing seems rather shaky.

@RebubleUselet The only thing that even backs up Beowulf being holy is the Combat Adjudicator. Ôåæ Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Combat Adjudicator — Beowulf: "I am the combat adjudicator. Only a technique blessed with the sacred light can move me."

Btw, I've encountered this issue multiple times and it's getting annoying, so I really want to settle it.

Dante's weakness (being laid back against the enemies) doesn't seem to be consistent with the real state of things, as he was only shown to be cocky against fodder demons, Lady in DMC3 and Nero in DMC4, who are total fodders in comparison to him as well. And to oppose this statement, he is shown to be dead serious against Vergil and Mundus in DMC3 and DMC1 respectively. He also one-shotted Abigail in the anime only after starting taking things seriously.

My proposal is to change his weakness section to "None notable" with some sort of note about the thing I mentioned above

this seems reasonable tbh. He never took things really seriously but against ppl on his level he really let it rips

I think dmc 4 and 2 Dante should just be at least sub relativistic the saviour who scales to the Abigail/Sid feat wasn't able to keep track of Dante's movement speed and he was holding back as well the same with argosax's he is far above Sid with Abigail's power and he couldn't keep track on of Dante

And the other characters should have at least sub relativistic like how they are at least high 6-A

So take massively hypersonic+ out of dmc 4 and 2 and have him at least sub rel in movement, combat and reaction speed

And for Sparda, mundus and argosax have them at at least massively hypersonic+ movement speed and at least sub rel reaction and combat

Bump

And I don't think it's a right thing to make God-Tiers flat out Sub-Relativistic via scaling from MHS+ from low-tiers.

Sid has a sub relativistic reaction feat the saviour scales to the feat and the saviour couldn't keep up with Dante's movement speed

Back