• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More DMC Revisions

RebubleUselet said:
Btw, I've encountered this issue multiple times and it's getting annoying, so I really want to settle it.

Dante's weakness (being laid back against the enemies) doesn't seem to be consistent with the real state of things, as he was only shown to be cocky against fodder demons, Lady in DMC3 and Nero in DMC4, who are total fodders in comparison to him as well. And to oppose this statement, he is shown to be dead serious against Vergil and Mundus in DMC3 and DMC1 respectively. He also one-shotted Abigail in the anime only after starting taking things seriously.

My proposal is to change his weakness section to "None notable" with some sort of note about the thing I mentioned above
I fully agree, I believe that we can't a fight against someone much weaker, so Dante will always be taking things seriously, as they will always face opponents as powerful as him

We also have to discuss this:

Sound Feats:

DMC wiki about Nevan:

Code:
 Every end chord that Dante plays generates a sound blast, which distorts the space around him, and will inflict damage on opponents within range. For most attacks, like "Nevan Combo I & II" and "Reverb Shock," the sound blast is extremely focused and secondarily releases the bats to attack the opponent. Other attacks like "Nevan Combo III," "Jam Session," and "Crazy Roll," will devastate opponents all around Dante. Some attacks, such as "Bat Riff", do not have en end chord.
Nevan have Sound Blasts that can even distort Space, lol

And Dante is fine with that, playing it freely "

Maybe this is Sound Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation and resistance to these manips. We also have those Anime sound resistance feats

So Bump

Btw, I'm not saying that his cockiness is not real, it's just that it's irrelevant to VS matches due to SBA.

I think that Spatial Manipulation for Nevan should be dropped out, since the space distortion seems just like a byproduct of its power. Simply Sound Manipulation should be fine, along with resistance to it.

That Spatial Manipulation should not be combat aplicable aswell, if somehow gets accepted

And yeah, Sound Manipulation and Resistance should be fine, it would be in DMC3 Key, Majin Form Holy Manipulation would fit DMC3 key, Dante used this in the Manga

About Dante's speed:

Let me see if I understand the case:

The Savior has the same speed as Sid, which has combat / reaction speed calculated in Sub Relativistic, and could not hit Dante in DMC4

Normally this would be a common thing, but as Savior's body is gigantic, to escape the area of effect of his Sub Rel attacks, Dante would need to be as fast as The Savior, but in movement, making his speed Sub Relativistic in movement

This kinda makes sense, honestly, what you guys think ?

What about the attack when Nevan Kiss Dante and suck his life force, wouldn't that give him some resistance?

and the same with the soul eaters, those things stuck to Dante and suck the life bar until you enter the devil trigger.

Yeah, this would give him some resistances, but the Nevan kiss it's only with Devil Trigger, because in base Dante gets lolstomped by this hax

But Soul Manip resistance it's already on his profile, btw

And I personally think DMC1 Dante, Nero and Nelo Angelo should be "At least Large Town level+", since the feat they scale from was quite casual and it's only around 10 kilotons away from baseline High 7-C+.

I disagree with adding an at least, but I do think a "Possibly" and or "likely High 7-C+" should suffice. Kinda sucks you couldn't use KE since I'd totally make Esdeath vs Dante if the results were good.

Well, DMC1 Dante is vastly above his DMC3 form, which is also above Echidna's feat, and it's also sorta casual, so I think it could be applied to everyone who scales above her.

I'd kill for Dante vs Kyoko though

Unfortunately if it's a baseline that's how we usually rate them. Also while we're here has anyone ever calculated Dante's lightning dodging feat? It might be a decent speed upgrade for DmC1 Dante.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Unfortunately if it's a baseline that's how we usually rate them. Also while we're here has anyone ever calculated Dante's lightning dodging feat? It might be a decent speed upgrade for DmC1 Dante.
This doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever.

And tbh, I genuinely think blocking lightning at point-blank range might yield decent results

DMC1 Dante was compared by Griffon (who knew Sparda) to his father in terms of Power

So yeah, he's muuuuuch more stronger then DMC3 Dante, At Least Large Town Level + would still be a lowball, but it's better then just High 7-C

This would scale to Nelo Angelo and maybe Nero (?)

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I disagree with adding an at least, but I do think a "Possibly" and or "likely High 7-C+" should suffice. Kinda sucks you couldn't use KE since I'd totally make Esdeath vs Dante if the results were good.
Esdeath stomps

Yeah, we know that, he was just saying that he would make it if I could use KE to get higher results, which even then would have been impossible

Well, I would like to recommend another image for Dante's DMC1 key, since that current image is with the old graphics, this DMC3 version of him is much better

--> http://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/a/asabatyou/20081018/20081018214435.gif

So, bump, we have to discuss:

- Sound Manip and Resistance for Dante, based on Nevan and Anime feats

- Dante Vs The Savior speed-things

- Each game with his own key

- Dante's weaknesses altered to "none notable"

- Holy manipulation with Majin Form

Also, I think it would be nice to leave more explicit in Dante's profile about his speed in DMC2

Many remain not considering the Quick Heart's increase in speed and do not take into account the 10 times of increase

Actually, Dante's P&A section does say that Quick Heart multiplies his speed tenfold. And I'm personally fine with the current DMC1 picture.

Yes, it is quoted there but personally I believe that quoting the skill beside his DMC2 speed would be more explicit, until today in the VS threads it is necessary to quote the skill, how much it increases Dante's speed and the CRT, like in the fight between Dante and Noctis, Ryuko and now Thanos

Like this: At least Massively Hypersonic+ with at least Sub Relativistic combat speed and reactions in base, Higher with Quick Heart (10 times faster then before)

Would be enough, I think, but whatever ~~

About time you've come over, Matt.

What are your thoughts on "At least Large Town level+" for DMC1 Dante and Nelo Angelo?

Then could you unlock the pages so somebody applies the changes? I can't do that because I am on the phone right now.

Did he accept only what is in the first post or the parts we discussed about Dante's movement speed were also accepted? It's unlikely but it's good to be sure ~~

Changing his weakness to "None notable" it's not in the first post too

All the stuff from the OP aside from Fear Inducement, "At least Large Town level+" for DMC1 Dante and Nelo Angelo (and probably Nero), a note about Dante's weakness and flat-out Sub-Relativistic speed for him via dodging The Savior's blows, Sound Manipulation via Nevan and resistance to it for Dante.

We shouldn't give the "+" to the characters unless the calc itself is in the upper half apparently.

If he is much stronger just give him a "likely/possibly higher"

Apparently "likely" is a no in Dante's case as well, since it's uncertain to what extent he's superior to DMC3 self. That, and Echidna's feat was casual and it's only 10 kilotons away from baseline Large Town level+.

@Reby

Yes, but the rule is that you get the "+" only if the calc has that result.

Not via scaling

Back