• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
So the trailer for Sony Pictures' Morbius just came out, which you can watch here below:

MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer

Personally I'm not particularly interested in the movie itself (Though Leto is a good actor and it'll likely be entertaining in an edgy sorta way), there's two things that are worth noting:

When you pair these two items with the ongoing rumor that Venom 2 will tie Sony's Spider Universe movies to the MCU canon, a very interesting picture starts to emerge indeed...

If I had to guess, Spider-Man ended up getting the symbiote following the events of Far From Home, before freeing himself from it, which leads to the events of Venom and all these other movies.

Pretty strange to use Toby's spider-man costume though when Tom Holland's suit has been seen numerous times I believe. Not to mention throw it in the trailer blatently for everyone to see.

If that is the case then that reasoning is terrible and there are better ways to get around it rather than using Raimi's suits. Is it possible that it's connected to the Raimi movies or some multiversal stuff is going on? Raimi's Spider-man probably has the highest k/d ratio so he would be considered a murderer aswell.

I hope they don't make the same mistake as with Venom by putting too much humor into a movie that can have much series themes such as psychological traumas.

The suit thing could just be a red herring of sorts, or a placeholder? Sony does own both the movie and the rights of the PS4 game, so they probably just put that in there and are gonna replace it with Tom's spiderman suit when the full film comes out if it is fully confirmed to take place in the MCU.

What I would like to see is that they make Into the Spider-verse canon to the MCU multiverse and as a byproduct Raimi's Triology and Amazing series.

Newendigo said:
What I would like to see is that they make Into the Spider-verse canon to the MCU multiverse and as a byproduct Raimi's Triology and Amazing series.
I could see them doing it, given the spiderverse did introduce us to the Web of Reality, albeit mostly in just those cool transitions.

I think this means the Sony Movies will be one-sided canon to the MCU. That is, Sony's movies see the MCU movies as canon, the MCU sees the Sony movies as non-canon. MCU stuff (which would be pretty much limited to Spidey and his supporting cast) can appear on Sony's universe, but Sony's own characters can't on MCU stuff. In short, Sony's Marvel Universe is basically anime filler to the MCU canon.

Back