• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monthly Fairy Tail CRT

Right now the consensus is that Dragon Slayer Magic lets users of it do more damage to Dragons and makes them able to hurt them more than if the opponent wasn't a Dragon. However, it's explained in verse how the magic really works. To start off with, it should be explained why Dragons needed a special magic to be made in order to kill them. Dragons have an innate resistance to magic which lets them completely ignore any magic that attacked them. An uppercut from Mirajane in her Demon Soul : Sitri mode gets laughed off by Zirconis,but he screams after being hit with one of Wendy's Dragon Slaying attacks. This isn't just an AP difference from the non Dragon Slayers compared to the Dragon Slayers in the effectiveness of their attacks, because Mirajane and the others have fought on equal grounds with the DS before. This still sounds like it could be considered as just an AP boost against Dragons, but Igneel had a scarf made out of his scales that was given to Natsu. When Natsu was attacked by Zeref's Death Magic, the scarf absorbed it with Natsu being unharmed. This shows that Dragon scales and by extension, Dragons resist magic. Dragon Slaying Magic is also just Dragon Magic that's being used by a human. This is further shown by turning into a Dragon being the end result of using too much DS magic. It doesn't really make sense for it's ability to be that it does more damage against it's own kind. In conclusion, all the Dragon Slayers and Dragons should get Resistance Negation for Magic. Before Zancrow gets brought up, God Slayer magic is never explained enough in the story for us to understand what it does besides letting the user eat all forms of their element including dragons and not be hurt by them.

For Devil Slayer Magic, that's too different from the other two to be given the same abilities when it has it's own unique ones. Gray should get Limited Shapeshifting or Body Control for being able to control his demon markings growth on his body when he wants to. Gray should also get Limited Information Analysis(Demons only) for being able to see Tempester, figure out he was the one who fought Laxus, figure out that his body is made out of magical barrier particles, and learn that he can make an antidote out of his blood.

They only become stronger with dragon force or dual wielding magic, DS magic just bypasses Dragon Magic Immunity Scales, Dragons just have insane endurance.

Not sure, but before I do that, I need someone's help in measuring the distance between Sting and Natsu when Sting fired his laser

When I do the Angle, Distance Calcing, I get .45 meters

Dragon Slayer Magic essentially bypasses Durability, so if a Dragon Slayer faces a dragon from another verse, it's bypassing it's defense, it's not that the attacks are stronger, just that it is bypassing defense

that is the point, the it bypasses durability, it is just the Dragon's stamina that counts.

Now I got roughly .7 m in distance between Natsu and Sting, can someone tell me if this is right or not?
Sting Laser

It's not that Dragon Slayer Magic bypasses magic resistance for dragons, it's that it bypasses magic resistance and the only people with magic resistance in the verse are dragons.

DragonEmperor23 said:
It's not that Dragon Slayer Magic bypasses magic resistance for dragons, it's that it bypasses magic resistance and the only people with magic resistance in the verse are dragons.
that is not true as the Dragon Knight has Magic immunity armor as well, yet only DS magic can effect it

On another note, I think all of the Slayer types should lose the Higher with Devil and God Slayer Magic, all Slayers don't have stronger attacks against their opponents, they just negate their durability, so all slayers should get Durability Negation against their specific slayer type and lose higher against Demons, Dragons, Gods

they should also get specific types that extend outside their species and with specific archetypes.

CNBA3 said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
that is not true as the Dragon Knight has Magic immunity armor as well, yet only DS magic can effect it
I think it's supposed to be the Edolas version of Dragons.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
On another note, I think all of the Slayer types should lose the Higher with Devil and God Slayer Magic, all Slayers don't have stronger attacks against their opponents, they just negate their durability, so all slayers should get Durability Negation against their specific slayer type and lose higher against Demons, Dragons, Gods
It's not durability negation but resistance negation. If it was dura neg then Zirconis would have been decapitated.

It is Durability Negation tho, It allows characters with lower AP damage those with higher AP, it bypasses a Dragons Defense

I think it's supposed to be the Edolas version of Dragons.

Not really as the Edolas counter parts to dragons are humans, via Grandeeny and Porlyusica

True, I guess that just proves my point that it's not specific to dragons because the Knight wasn't even an actual Dragon, it just had resistance to magic like one.

Buts that's the thing as well, even dragons have more than just magic immunity, it reflects their durability as well, since there is no record of even regular attacks effecting them either

For example, Makerov punched Atlas right in the Face and didn't even budge him. Ma's magic just makes him bigger and stronger which is applying the magic to himself and not Atlas so that was just a straight up normal dura feat.

So Dragon Slayers get Magic Resistance Negation, and Limited Durability Negation against Dragons, while Demon Slayers and God Slayers get Limited Durability Negation Against Demons and Gods

I don't know about the God Slayer part because we've never seen one fight a God. What about Gray's info analysis and limited body control?

DragonEmperor23 said:
I don't know about the God Slayer part because we've never seen one fight a God. What about Gray's info analysis and limited body control?
We saw Chelia fight Chronos

Limited Body Control because of curse mark is fine, as for info analysis, I don't agree with that

@DragonEmpreror

Thank you!! I was arguing so long for this, but nobody listened. Glad you managed to sum it up in an understandable way, so that others can finally see the point.

(talking about the slaying stuff)

@dragonempreor, you just say everytung i want to say regaeding dragon resistace to magic.

@for gray demon analysis He is able to sense that guy(in dragon cry) doll are cursed, we maybe need to reread all gray regarding chapter

I agree with pretty much everything DragonEmp said. Only thing I'm iffy on, is the info analysis and I'm still leaning towards accepting that.

Back