• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter General Discussion Thread.

I mean the "New World" inofitself is a reference to the kind of phrasing used for the Americas to begin with, so you figure it's a bit more than a 90 kilometer island

I just want the results to make a little bit more sense in the context of that than anything else

Really, we never had an explanation of where the LS's Spirit Energy came from, or the power boost in Charged attacks from the GS and Hammer, or the DS's Demon Mode. Taking into account that this Ki is, by what is being said to trend, linked or translated as Bioenergy, there is a possible explanation.

Seemingly human, or whatever the Hunters are, are also capable of manipulating their Bioenergy to power their attacks, increase their combat speed or even stamina.

Honestly, like that tweet mentions, this is so commonplace in Japanese media (and obvious just by the longsword's nature) I dunno why anyone would freak out like this is some immense revelation (you don't really need the idea explained to you, so an offhand statement in a manual being what confirms it seems like a natural outcome)

The specific interpretation of Hunters manipulating bioenergy and blurring the lines between them and Safi'jiva is interesting but otherwise eh

Something else I'm thinking about:

I'm not sure how much we necessarily want to divide up the Sapphire Star's profile, but if we were to have a like, beginning of game key at the very start of low rank, could they be rated as Transonic since you can dodge roll roars (and having everything scale to Rathalos and Astalos is probably bad and I just sorta never thought about addressing that on the CRT)

Something else I'm thinking about:

I'm not sure how much we necessarily want to divide up the Sapphire Star's profile, but if we were to have a like, beginning of game key at the very start of low rank, could they be rated as Transonic since you can dodge roll roars (and having everything scale to Rathalos and Astalos is probably bad and I just sorta never thought about addressing that on the CRT)
They make it a point of treating Rathalos and Diablos as huge challenges in the Dive book, saying "most other hunters would have run home crying and sobbing" or something to that effect in the story recap, so it would make sense to treat the end of Low Rank as different from the start. I think the first apex you fight is Legiana or Anjanath, depending on which you consider.

So maybe slightly random and not that important right now since we're focusing more on the high tiers of MH, but I feel like the Great Jaggi profile is a bit weird and IDK if I can place it exactly

I think part of it is that the Jaggi are being scaled to Giadrome (Who was calced by Bambu to have a building level feat because of iceblight/freezing properties and this being applied to monsters), but Giadrome is to Giaprey like Great Jaggi is the Jaggi. It's weird to me that the pack leader, Giadrome, is being used to scale to just a regular Jaggi. And even then, the Jaggi are listed at Wall level anyway.

And Great Jaggi is put at Building Level for "Somewhat keeping up with Rathian", but Rathain's profile puts her at Large Building Level+, and I'm not even sure Great Jaggi has anything that puts it at near the same level as a Rathian anyway. I feel like this profile also needs some help lmao

Also IDK if it matters at all but I find it ever so slightly odd that Jaggia and Jaggi are lumped together. Like they ultimately serve the same purpose but canonically, according to their twitter thread from banned lagiacrus, it goes Jaggi < Jaggia < Great Jaggi

And it's also a thing we do with other profiles where we split all versions of the species into different keys so I figure this also applies here

I finally put the time in, and finished up the main game of Rise and am on to Sunbreak!

Also Allmother Narwa is pretty neat. I think BannedLagiacrus is doing an Ibushi thread at some point in the near future, so that'll be nice for when we make Narwa and Ibushi profiles

I finally put the time in, and finished up the main game of Rise and am on to Sunbreak!

Also Allmother Narwa is pretty neat. I think BannedLagiacrus is doing an Ibushi thread at some point in the near future, so that'll be nice for when we make Narwa and Ibushi profiles
Hell yeah. I love Allmother, it's a super fun fight and one of my absolute favorites. How's Sunbreak going?

As an aside, I'm on PC for both Iceborne and Sunbreak so if any of y'all would like to play together then let me know - I'm still fairly active on Iceborne and I'm playing Sunbreak most days!

Also, Zinogre page created.

Chadmiral page, hell yeah! Thanks @DMUA.

Huh, the Admiral does describe himself fighting the Rajang, while by the time you get to the monster, obviously he's out of commission. I think that implies that he straight-up went after the Rajang and fist-fought it in the time between the cutscene where the tunnel is created and the start of your fight, probably getting knocked off a cliff or something by the time Rajang meets Kirin. That's pretty damn cool, not that his abilities were in doubt before due to his nonchalance at the appearances of Seething and Shara.

Also who wins Elder Fugen or Chadmiral LOL
maxresdefault.jpg

Elder Fugen might be able to put some hurt on a whole crowd of rampaging monsters with his Long Sword, but the Chadmiral wanders the wilds of a constantly-changing unknown continent following Ruiner Nergigante of all things... with his bare hands. He wins in my heart!

Also, what's our consensus on how we're scaling Xeno'jiiva? To Zorah? To Dalamadur? To Kushala?

Huh, the Admiral does describe himself fighting the Rajang, while by the time you get to the monster, obviously he's out of commission. I think that implies that he straight-up went after the Rajang and fist-fought it in the time between the cutscene where the tunnel is created and the start of your fight, probably getting knocked off a cliff or something by the time Rajang meets Kirin. That's pretty damn cool, not that his abilities were in doubt before due to his nonchalance at the appearances of Seething and Shara.
Yeah I don't remember when I caught onto it but it was kinda strange to me the first go round that he'd just be incapacitated by some rocks falling onto him, so that statement did clear things up

I was totally going to gun for a Low 6-B rating on account of his first instinct being to charge at Xeno'Jiiva saying he needs to stop it but that's not really supported by anything and Rajang was definitely a tough fight for him, so High 6-C is good enough in my book

Alright, I just cleared Chapter 1 of Bug Fable and it is honestly so charming and I really like it so far. It's like 24 bucks on the Switch e-shop

ngl when I beat this game I kinda wanna see if it's possible to make profiles for Bug Fables.

Following Chapter 1 Leif, a moth with ice magic, dryly remarks that next time he'll just freeze the whole river instead of letting it flood after having survived a flood caused by a river lol

Wind Serpent Ibushi sandbox should be good. I haven't done Narwa yet. How's it look?

Also, check out the CRT I made for rare species like Gold and Silver in the wake of Sunbreak's revelations.

Last edited:
Wind Serpent Ibushi sandbox should be good. I haven't done Narwa yet. How's it look?

Also, check out the CRT I made for rare species like Gold and Silver in the wake of Sunbreak's revelations.
Just needs the usual dragonblight hijinx (E.g power null) but otherwise looks decent, as a friendly suggestion maybe use this as further jurisdiction. I'm not sure if it can be calced but at the very least its a supporting feat so e.g; can effortless cause a massive storm and decimate a forest.

Actually, is there still a Calculation Request Thread? I was thinking of trying to find someone to help me figure out how much power it'd take for Leif from Bug Fables to actually freeze the river, given that he states he'd do it (granted, this is a small river since the characters are all bugs, but still that's a lot of water he'd have to freeze)

Yeah I've been here the whole time

Jokes aside I do actually want to do some calcs of my own volition, specifically lifting strength

Get proper numbers on Tetsucabra's Boulder feat and, for why I'm posting here specifically, are there any feats outside of that people can think of, so we aren't just scaling 90% of the verse to a mundane monster?

Get proper numbers on Tetsucabra's Boulder feat and, for why I'm posting here specifically, are there any feats outside of that people can think of, so we aren't just scaling 90% of the verse to a mundane monster?
Tetranodon can lift and throw rocks as big as its own body in the fight iirc

Also do we know the canonicity of the Arena/Arena quests? In tri/3u, you can fight Agnaktor in them, in these like desert locations and it stills causes lava/magma to blast from the ground or sonething

Foubnd an old video on YouTube called Monster Hunter stupidity #3 and it shows an Agnaktor with black, hardened lava armor digging into the sand and popping back out a few seconds later with the armor reheated

This is probably due to just how the moveset works, and that it was really only built for a lava biome, but if taken at face value Agnaktor reheats the lava on its body by diving into sand, which shouldn't work normally... unless it somehow reached, like, a magma chamber or something and appearing back ob the surface in just a few seconds lmao

Idk if this is applicable but i just remembered it was a topic fron way back during the initial MH revisions on this site lol

unless it somehow reached, like, a magma chamber or something and appearing back ob the surface in just a few seconds lmao
If it works it works

Assuming it isn't just game mechanics, the Mohorovicic discontinuity (fancy word for when rock turns to magma underground) is 40-50 kilometers deep when you're on a continent

A proper timeframe can be gotten when a proper blog is made but for now, that in 5 seconds (they'd have to make the trip to and back anyways so that'd be 10 seconds which is a bit high end)

8000 meters per second, Mach 23

But it may just be them not considering the arena, since a few seconds isn't really enough time to properly heat up or gather any magma

On the other hand it's fine they just used the sheer friction to do most of the work, scraped against the magma because it's cozy, then jumped back up

(that's also a meme)

While we are here, can you get video links for the stuff you're mentioning so I can take a look at it?

Also

I will say, I didn't raise a fuss about Dalamadur's justification using something similar (Since they are utterly gigantic to a similar degree as Zorah Magdaros and shouldn't be much weaker than them), I do want to be wary about using item descriptions like that

Especially since I should at some point start writing up the mass ability CRT for stuff using similar "it is said that" or "these claws totally tear out your soul bro" type stuff

Heck, when the Guildmarm first sends you to hunt a Seregios and it's description is like "spikes that can tear open heaven and earth" she immediately follows it up with "Hyperbole, much?" Which I probably should dig up since it's both funny and reinforces that these descriptions should be taken with a grain of salt

If it works it works

Assuming it isn't just game mechanics, the Mohorovicic discontinuity (fancy word for when rock turns to magma underground) is 40-50 kilometers deep when you're on a continent

A proper timeframe can be gotten when a proper blog is made but for now, that in 5 seconds (they'd have to make the trip to and back anyways so that'd be 10 seconds which is a bit high end)

8000 meters per second, Mach 23

But it may just be them not considering the arena, since a few seconds isn't really enough time to properly heat up or gather any magma

On the other hand it's fine they just used the sheer friction to do most of the work, scraped against the magma because it's cozy, then jumped back up

(that's also a meme)

While we are here, can you get video links for the stuff you're mentioning so I can take a look at it?
I can get the stuff when i get home in 1 hour

First, Tetranadon. Here at 10:58, and this video here both showcase the rock throw from Tetranadon.

Next, if we're gonna take a serious look at it, this is the best video I can immediately find for Agnaktor reheating the magma/lava armor. If we are taking this as a serious feat, either it utilizes mohorovicic discontinuity or it moves at such speed that the friction underground converts the hardened magma to a softer/more liquid state

Additionally, found another feat! This one is from a Frontier monster, Taikun Zamuza, where it Shatters the entire floor of the cave it is standing in with one strike. It does this twice in the video. It also has a twitter thread made by Banned Lagiacrus, but it doesn't seem to directly be compared to any monsters. The only things I can gather is that it primarily exists in the Tide Islands, which is mostly populated by lower-tier monsters of MH. Additionally, Abiorudu is mentioned, but no direct comparison is made? I'd still say it's at least comparable to the other low-tiers. It's stated in the twitter thread that the floors it destroys for cave-ins are "relatively thin", so there is also that.

Will look for more later

Back