• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter General Discussion Thread.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Figured I'd go ahead and make this since we need a place to talk about any Revisions that need to get done for the series now that the Forum Move is over. Example: Safi'Jiiva is a thing now.

RIP last thread...

Also the last "major" update for MHW Iceborne is a song of fire and ice (the one shot edition) with Fatalis and AT-Velkhana.

I'm looking forward to MH rise, anyway from what I understand the following characters need profiles.

*Velkhana
*Namielle
*Shara Isvahala
*Safi'jiiva
*The Rider/Red (MH Stories) plus potentially profiles for MHSt exclusive characters and monsters.

I believe Josh was already working on the Rider's profile however I haven't heard from him since the forum move took place.

I wonder if Safi'Jiiva will get it's own Profile or be a different Key for Xeno'jiiva like some of the other Monsters that have Sub-Species or Older Forms do? Like Fatalis or Dalamadur.

I wonder if Safi'Jiiva will get it's own Profile or be a different Key for Xeno'jiiva like some of the other Monsters that have Sub-Species or Older Forms do? Like Fatalis or Dalamadur.
Likely a different key due to being explicitly shown and stated to be the adult form of Xeno anyway I think both Mr Bambu and Shiro are very busy right now (plus I've got plans later this month and I just completed a CRT for another verse) so it'll be best to keep the MH revisions on pause until the things have settled down.

See around fellow hunter!

Likely a different key due to being explicitly shown and stated to be the adult form of Xeno anyway I think both Mr Bambu and Shiro are very busy right now (plus I've got plans later this month and I just completed a CRT for another verse) so it'll be best to keep the MH revisions on pause until the things have settled down.

See around fellow hunter!
Sounds good. Farewell for now.

this thread is the false god

Not much. Just kinda waiting for a fuckton of CRTs to end so I can use more characters in VS Threads.

The funny thing is, it looks to be on the level of the Witcher crossover (i.e a noticeable amount of effort seems to have been put into it).

*2 event quests (one with Black Blos and the other with a Giant Rathalos plus a surprise).

*You play as Artemis in the event (I get the greek reference to the goddess of the hunt).

*There's actual new voice dialogue/cut-scenes associated with the event

*The standard new weapon, armour, GC backgrounds/titles, etc.

Either way it's FREE content however the prospect that the MH movie and the MH games might be canon to each other is hilarious to me lol!

So question, why dont we have Monster Hunter Stories Profiles
Simply put there wasn't enough support for it which is a shame tbh plus with MHSt 2 coming out in the Summer there'll likely be new feats to work with.

IIRC Josh was working on the Rider's profile awhile back tho.

Also admittedly IDK how many people here have played MHS, because even though I'm interested I haven't and honestly it'd be harder to make reliable profiles with a lack of understanding on the context

that and I'm too busy with college and D&D to look up whole playthroughs :p

Simply put there wasn't enough support for it which is a shame tbh plus with MHSt 2 coming out in the Summer there'll likely be new feats to work with.

IIRC Josh was working on the Rider's profile awhile back tho.
i see, although I think the blight and the final boss with the confusing as **** name that i cant remember off the top of my head wont be in the new game

I know, i've played stories before its just that it seems like it wont be brought back in in 2
Who knows, it might come back in an expansion? That won't be region locked to Japan.

But yeah I believe Makili would make an interesting profile with it's various elements, regen and black-blight/dragon element hax.

Yep agreed, it would prolly be up there in the haxed departments with altreon, and the like although who would it scale to i need to relook through the feats in the game again for that to see if there is any feats above the baseline for elder dragons

Yep agreed, it would prolly be up there in the haxed departments with altreon, and the like although who would it scale to i need to relook through the feats in the game again for that to see if there is any feats above the baseline for elder dragons
I actually replayed the game awhile back (after dropping Iceborne and hearing about MHSt 2), the blackblight was quickly spreading the across the entire landscape as well as causing the skies to darken and was possibly affecting the entire world plus the typical world of darkness/end of the world JRPG schick.

Now that I've had time to refresh my memories plus the new scaling for EDs/ED level monsters, I believe Maliki Pietru would likely be at least 6-C higher with environmental destruction (scaling above Kirin and a blighted Deviljho that the Rider fought prior in the story).

Thoughts?

Back