• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Because of the massive amount of time it took me to make the darn weasel's profile, I'm rewarding myself with a match.

Punk Hazard Luffy. A trained Weavile. Speed equalized.

Luffy 2
250px-461Weavile

Hmmm I'll do an analysis on all of Weaviles moves. As for AP and Durability they should be around the same via Gear attacks

Pressure: Weavile exerts a powerful pressure that causes the opponent to exude twice as much energy to execute an attack, making them tire out twice as quick. : Now this is gonna come in handy against Luffy since stamina is his thing. At this point he should have stamina comparable if not superior to Ace who fought for 5 day's straight against Jinbe. But Luffy should still have higher stamina if it's reduced.

Pickpocket: Weavile is a cunning Pokémon, so when the opponent hits it with a move that makes contact, Weavile will steal said item to use as its own : This is essentially useless.

Dodge: Luffy has Observation Haki to find ways around this, that and AoE attacks.

Hi-Rise: An ability from Pokemon Conquest. Weavile does more damage if it has the high ground.: Could definitely come in handy but this seems unlikely to happen.

Shadow Dash: An ability from Pokémon Conquest. Weavile increases its range if there are no Pokémon close to it. : So just range? Don't see how this is gonna help seeing as how Luffy is gonna be constantly around it.

Agility: Simple speed amplification, which is moot since the speed is equalized.

Beat Up: Weavile gets it and all of its teammates to gang up on the opponent. In a 1v1, it's just Weavile. This move can only be learned while still a Sneasel.: Greatly weakened from being by itself. Seems like a random attack if it's 1v1

Slash: Armament Haki could act as a counter slashing attacks.

I'll go over the rest at a later time but from the looks of it all I'll ultimately have to give this to Rubber Boy via Observation Haki, Armament Haki, skill and experience and greater stamina.

Luffy via Kenbunshoku Haki (will make Weavile's more poorly accurate moves like Icicle Crash almost impossible to land and his accurate moves will get harder to connect too), Fire Manipulation with Red Hawk (Weavile's weakness to fire attacks + his lower endurance will make Red Hawk specially harming if Luffy gets a full blow) and Gear forms (Gear Second, specially with Soru, will make hitting Weavile much easier, which if done consecutevely, can wear down Weavile eventually, but Luffy will have to look out for Pressure as this can backfire too, but in a war of attrition, Luffy should win via much better stamina). Gear Third will definitely hurt it a lot, althought I find hard to Luffy hit Weavile with something, say, Elephant Gun, if he doesn't get the opportunity since Weavile is Pokemon that has a lot of focus on his speed, and is his strongest point)

Dude, stats are just game mechanics. Being a glass cannon is not canon.

Granted, your vote still counts, because you gave other reasons.

The real cal howard said:
Dude, stats are just game mechanics. Being a glass cannon is not canon.
Granted, your vote still counts, because you gave other reasons.
I'm not implying he's a glass cannon, I'm just saying doesn't possesses good endurance to take up a lot of hits compared to other shit. Sure Stats are just game mechanics I agree, but I'm not directly scaling his durability out of the stats, I'm just using the fact that the game implies that he cannot take that much damage without necessarely saying he has very low durability or shit stamina, thus it's valid, otherwise we'll have consider that Weavile has similar stamina and endurance to something like Bastiodon or Blissey, which is blantely stupid (Note how Bastiodon's profile points out how he has notorious endurance because of his typing, and I can furthermore justify that because of ingame lore such as Pokedéx entrance, saying Weavile is anywhere near Bastiodon's level of endurance is, again, blantely stupid.) Although, again, I'm not implying that he's a Glass Cannon like Sans or that he has shit stamina and endurance and will fall on the first thing that hurts him, I'm just using fats that Weavile doesn't have notable enduance (although I have to agree that I might have stretched out a bit when using words like Fragility, I'll edit to better put that so no one have to call me out again regarding this topic).

Back