• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D Luffy vs Natsu D ragneel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of them are at full power.

Standard battle assumptions.

Speed is equalized.

Win by death or ko.

I vote for Luffy via precog, armament and versatility. Luffy is resistant to all of Natsus attack, blunt force, fire and lightning.

Luffy.

I'm assuming speed equalized doesn't include transformation like gear 2nd or gear 4th because if does that's bullshit. Luffy wins anyway but it's bullshit.

Natsu's punches and lightning attacks will be very ineffective and Luffy can tank the fire attacks with haki. Luffy might win given his superior stamina, as Luffy can fight for half a day without any break.

luffy. unless natsu uses his super, planet lvl secret attack, which is when he sees at least 1 of his friends crying, and said power gives him the power to create universes and such (lowballing, by the way).

Since speed is equal should we remove precog.

Btw natsu can one shot people on same tier or above(zeref)

Yufeng.wang.7334 said:
Natsu spite with the zefef update he can burn time and space
What does burning time and space even mean? Pretty sure Natsu beating Zeref was a nakama attack

Some of these guys here are not even giving any proper reason as to why Luffy would win, I will wait for some more votes.

Both are physical fighters, which means Luffy will have some advantages in durability due to the nature of his body (taken to 11 with Gear 4th). But all of Natsu's physical blows are imbued with fire, so it may damage Luffy despite inflicting little blunt damage. Which leads to me asking for evidence of Luffy's heat resistance. A scan for that would be good.

Natsu can also straight-up Fire Dragon Roar's Luffy.

Luffy also has limited movepool, as his attack style just involves physical blows. Red Hawk is the exception, but it won't trouble Natsu much given it's fire.

So far I'm leaning toward Natsu, but count my vote as inconclusive for now because:

1. Luffy will most likely not go straight for Gear 4th which grants him advantage of flight and further-enhanced blunt force resistance.

2. As I said above, I need the scan/ chapter that proves Luffy's heat resistance

3. How does Observation haki work with speed equalized, anyway?

My vote may change if there are sufficient arguments for these points

Byakushiki Setsura said:
Both are physical fighters, which means Luffy will have some advantages in durability due to the nature of his body (taken to 11 with Gear 4th). But all of Natsu's physical blows are imbued with fire, so it may damage Luffy despite inflicting little blunt damage. Which leads to me asking for evidence of Luffy's heat resistance. A scan for that would be good. His fire heat resistance comes from his Haki which Natsu would also need to deal with.

Natsu can also straight-up Fire Dragon Roar's Luffy.

Once again Armament haki would protect him from doing so.

Luffy also has limited movepool, as his attack style just involves physical blows. Red Hawk is the exception, but it won't trouble Natsu much given it's fire.

The same could be said for Natsu considering his only attacks consist of Lightning and Fire which Luffy has resistance to both.

So far I'm leaning toward Natsu, but count my vote as inconclusive for now because:

1. Luffy will most likely not go straight for Gear 4th which grants him advantage of flight and further-enhanced blunt force resistance.

"Both are at their strongest." Meaning Gear 4th Luffy.

2. As I said above, I need the scan/ chapter that proves Luffy's heat resistance

3. How does Observation haki work with speed equalized, anyway?

Actually I'm not all to sure about that but i do believe Precog still works in speed equalized fights.

My vote may change if there are sufficient arguments for these points

^ Red Hawk was never used consecutively or for prolonged use, so I don't think that's enough to prove that Luffy's resistant to heat. Armament Haki is far from an invulnerable armor.

My point regarding Fire Dragon Roar still stands. It's a blast of fire, not just heat, and by no way a blunt force attack.

G4 Luffy was also never seen taking off to fly from ground level, he only used it to descend from the Dressrosa palace down to the city, so until we get that in canon, I don't think Luffy's gonna fly up straight away from the start to get a range advantage.

Gear 4 doesn't need to fly unless your talking about him using King Kong Gun but he still does have normal attacks such as Leo Bazooka, Gum Gun no Calvern, rhino shinder and Kong Gun which he doesn't need to fly to use. And then there's tank man. And his fire resistance is still there so there's no denying that unless proven other wise.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
And his fire resistance is still there so there's no denying that unless proven other wise.
That... makes no sense. I was asking for a scan/ the chapter that shows his heat resistance, but you just say that unless proven otherwise he is resistant. At least give me a more concrete proof of his heat resistance. As I said, if he is resistant to heat, he would use Red Hawk consecutively, no? And don't forget about the SH group struggling in the fire half of Punk Hazard.

Luffy flying up
Luffy can increase the distance between them by flying upward but in terms of heat resistance I think his haki is the only thing. Luffy has shown before resistance to a lightning's heat although he was burned by a hot metal in the same arc.

Natsu doesn't have Soul Manipulation so that makes no sense.

You dont read FT, if you did, it'd make sense to you.

Natsu doesn't have Soul Manipulation so that makes no sense.

You dont read FT, if you did, it'd make sense to you.

Actually i do read FT and once again Natsu doesn't have Soul Manipulation. People have already tried to add Soul Manipulation to his profile but it was denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back