• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UchihaSlayer96 said:
This really isn't anything new. Hell I've seen many Series get LN and web comic profiles separately such as Slime and Rising shield hero, and I've noticed the only difference is the stats in those profiles.
Again you're wrong.

Here is a thread on Slime, where it has a variety of differences including backgrouds of characters and different set of events.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2872900

And Shield Hero profiles is because one is a different continuity.

Note: The Web Novel and Light Novel (with its Manga and Anime adaptations by proxy) are considered different continuities and feats from them should not be mixed.

If you're acknowledging that they're the same continuity, then why exactly aren't these feats considered canon lol? If the differences as you say are so minimal that it doesn't even warrant a separate profile and it's the same continuity, and like Hokage said it's acknowledged by SJ as canon, then honestly Hokage is making more sense rn.

Because each is different in a way and it's only the Momoshiki arc so far that is different in every media for some reason. Urashiki doesn't even exist in the manga.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Because each is different in a way and it's only the Momoshiki arc so far that is different in every media for some reason. Urashiki doesn't even exist in the manga.
Which is why Momo was the one being suggested to get a different profile, because there's such differing interpretations of THIS particular character's feats across multiple mediums. We're not suggesting this for every character.

And again I'm honestly getting confused here. Is it different or not lol?

I'm confused too, you'll have to ask the writers why he doesn't exist in the manga.

It's different and not different. Momoshiki in the Boruto anime arc and the manga is virtually the same except one doesn't have Urashiki and I think he didn't stop time in the anime for that scene when he died.

So there is no need for another Momoshiki profile since the primary canon is already there. Anything related to the Boruto movie was retconned and doesn't matter.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
He did stop time in the anime.
Not sure how you can say he did or didn't, he just grabbed Boruto as a ghost or something and said a few words.

And my edit, the boruto movie was completely retconned so nothing in it matters anymore.

Not sure how you can he did or didn't, he just grabbed Boruto as a ghost or something and said a few words.

And my edit, the boruto movie was completely retconned so nothing in it matters anymore.

The shonen timeline isn't retconned and neither is the Boruto Ninja Directory(post manga/anime)

Look Hokage, nothing related to the Boruto movie matters. It doesn't matter if it's on the timeline. It's completely retconned.
You saying that doesn't change what I've provided. Still on the Updated Shonen timeline And the Boruto Ninja Directory still refers to it. Said his rasengan disappeared.

A9D3FF8C-A43E-406A-90DA-F55136AC43E5

Momoshiki already got a novel profile on outlier-battles

https://outlier-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Momoshiki_Ōtsutsuki

Naruto too he is 4-B because novel also stated Fused Momoshiki would've been equal to them individually to Naruto and Sasuke (lol Adult naruto is more than 1000 times stronger than teen Naruto)

https://outlier-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Naruto_Uzumaki
[URL='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/e/ef/Eqaul.png/revision/latest?cb=20200303171526']Eqaul
[/URL]

I understand that this is outlier-battles and not vsbattles, but both of them are from fandom.com.

so do we really need novel profiles, when vs battles uses canon characters?

Dude what is the link between a retconned movie and the anime? I don't think you're understanding the meaning of retcon. This doesn't support it.
Because the father son rasengan only disappears in the novel and references the actual wording the novelisation used. With the chakra nature mixing.

Lop222 said:
Momoshiki already got a novel profile on outlier-battles

https://outlier-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Momoshiki_Ōtsutsuki

Naruto too he is 4-B because novel also stated Fused Momoshiki would've been equal to them individually to Naruto and Sasuke (lol Adult naruto is more than 1000 times stronger than teen Naruto)
The whole point is, its like the dbs manga and anime. Sigurds not even debating its not canon, he's debating that it's retconned. So not vaild tho I've given my rebuttal.

something being retconned means it's non-canon dude, this is common knowledge.

It's not like dbs mange or anime neither really, i've already countered every bad comparison.

• Fights are completely differently between the two
  • Roshi knows some form of unmastered UI it seems in the manga
  • Evolved Blue and Kaioken Blue don't exist in the manga
  • Kale eliminated like 5 universes?
  • Kefla is like = to Gohan
This is just off the top of my head.

You're essentially going through leaps of logic to say that the movie/novelization of the movie is still canon.

something being retconned means it's non-canon dude, this is common knowledge.

It's not like dbs mange or anime neither really, i've already countered every bad comparison.

You're essentially going through leaps of logic to say that the movie/novelization of the movie is still canon.
You're not going to respond to my rebuttal? Your the one jumping leaps here.

Check my edit, as for your chakra thing it's honesly bad evidence. Boruto and Naruto have been stated to have similiar Chakra so why would a novel explaining that support you? It's common knowledge.

As for the Vanishing Giant Rasengan, how do you even know that? the real Boruto was off panel the entire time in the manga and suddenly appeared with the giant rasengan.

Even then this can easily be discarded as an inconsistency, no one is going to except your argument to make that movie canon.

Check my edit, as for your chakra thing it's honesly bad evidence. Boruto and Naruto have been stated to have similiar Chakra.

As for the Vanishing Giant Rasengan, how do you even know that? the real Boruto was off panel the entire time in the manga and suddenly appeared with the giant rasengan.

Even then this can easily be discarded as an inconsistency, no one is going to except your argument to make that movie canon.
What? It specifically says that how momoshiki was caught off guard that did not have in the anime nor manga. It's stated momoshiki was absorbed by it.

And again that scan you posted of the panels is from the manga, your logic is that they showed manga scans to talk about a novel of a retconned movie that was fan translated by the way to support your argument lol.

And again that scan you posted of the panels is from the manga, your logic is that they showed manga scans to talk about a novel of a retconned movie that was fan translated by the way to support your argument lol.
It states that the giant rasengan absorbed(overwhelmed) momoshiki's via it vanishing. What don't you understand this doesn't happen In the anime or manga.

And again...

how do you even know that? the real Boruto was off panel the entire time in the manga and suddenly appeared with the giant rasengan.

you don't think he'd be paying attention to the kid with the giant rasegan in his hand?

the actual translation say planet, also full translation with context and raw should be posted so some multilingual member can evaluete that too, if you are gonna contest the fact it say planet. kanji of planet and star are almost identical, so you have to base on the context, "lived on this star" is obvs planet.

I've already called out that scan it's nonsense posted from some wank reddit. He added extra things to it. Specifically the word solar system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBattleIndex/comments/5gagf0/momoshiki_ohtsutsuki/

"Aa. He plans to indiscriminately eat up all of this star's chakra."

They couldn't allow such a thing to happen.

This wasn't a problem of scrambling for the bijuu anymore.

This was a question of whether mankind who lived on this star would be able to greet tomorrow."

Is the real one

And again...

how do you even know that? the real Boruto was off panel the entire time in the manga and suddenly appeared with the giant rasengan.

you don't think he'd be paying attention to the kid with the giant rasegan in his hand?
No the rasengan vanished hence he caught him off guard. The anime shows what happened in the manga. The off panel stuff doesn't indicate anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back